Sorry Letter

Shadow of Love

Minho and Eunseo celebrated her birthday together with their parents and friends. They enjoyed everything Mrs. Choi and her mother's preparation. They grilled Korean barbecues and some seafoods on the spot. Mrs. Choi prepared kimchi friend rice and kimbap and Eunseo's mother prepared her specialties German potato salad and some fruit popsies. The drinks were Korean sodas and some wines. After they ate, they sang along with videoke and danced together with some kpop songs. It was lot of fun as expected and when they got bit tired, they just chat at the side table.

"So when will the two of you planning to get married? Asked by Eunseo's bestfriend who is also a teacher from Cheonan. Beforehand, Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Son were already announcing about it to the guests.

Everybody expected Minho and Eunseo to at least arrange their engagement party before that wedding set in. But it was only that day when they decided finally to quit as they confessed with each other about their real feeling. Knowing their parents will get disappointed, it made them feel awkward to answer their curiosity.

"Oh why quiet, baby?" Asked by Eunseo's mother.

Eunseo looked at Minho before she spoke, she knew she had the answer. "Minho and I decided to quit."

"Huh?" Everybody were shocked especially the parents. Mrs. Choi was trembling in surprised and anger when she heard it.

"Honestly, we just decided to remain friends. It's our choice so I'm sorry." Minho apologized.

"What the hell? What make you back out from the arrangement Eunseo. Minho don't tell me it's the same reason." Mrs. Choi asked them in a calmer voice.

"I tried my best to obey you Ma. But it is our decision now." Minho told her.

"Yes Ma, we rather stay as friends. I hope you understand us."

In her anger, Mrs. Choi grabbed her bag and left the house. It surely struck Eunseo but Minho ran to follow her.

"Ma!" He stopped her.

"I''m so disappointed with you and Eunseo. What make you convince her to leave you? Just because of Krystal?!"

"it''s not with Krystal Ma. But she gave up on me learning our real feelings. Please understand her too."

"I don't but I'm hoping it was not because of that girl again. Unless..."

"Ma I tried to follow you and respect you ever since. I never tried to disrespect you nor my intention to makes you cry. But regarding my own decision, I hope you at least put trust on me Ma. Whatever I'm doing it's for my future too, Makes me happy with the person I choose and not because you want it. The real thing is me and Krystal is over now same as with Eunseo." Minho left her mother and went back to the venue. It somehow hit her for interrupting her son's decision. The statement made her realize that she looks like a dictator mother. However, if he chose the wrong girl, what would be his fate then? That is the only thing she is concerned of.

Krystal woke up on the park bench at 6 a.m. all alone. She wondered how she managed to sleep there unharmed. She was too drunk last night as she had this headache. She moved to go home now hoping her father will not kill her again. As she approached the house, she heard her mother and nanny talking about her. Krystal's parents were worried since yesterday afternoon after her vanished from the fight yet the father intentionally did not search for her as he knew she will comeback if she is hungry. She then listened to the whole conversation through hole on a window. As she heard it, Krystal will be send to America as it was their decision. Krystal begged to go with Jessica last year after but she was not permitted to do so. Now that she was in trouble again they wished to send her there only to clean the mess she did and not because they are really concerned of her. It made Krystal go harder so she wished to move far away rather. She did not have penny to travel nor anything she has right now. The only person who could help her is her bestfriend Luna.

It was Wednesday morning and Luna had fixed everything before going to school. As she went outside, she saw Krystal who looks untidy with her plain shirt and jeans. "Krystal what happen to you?" She was mixed surprised and concerned about her bestfriend's condition.

Krystal confessed her problems with Luna. Everything about Minho, his family, Myungsoo, and her parents. She planned to run away from them hoping to be not existing.

"Are you crazy? But you don't have to,  you will only makes them more worried." She told her.

"No. I will write a letter to my parents and maybe oppa that I will be fine wherever I go so they won't be bothered by my absence. I will write an apology then."

"But still, it's worst than committing suicide really. When anyone would think if you're still existing or not." She told her.

"I'm sorry but this is the only thing I could give for myself. Everyone seems blaming for my existence, I always feel it." She told her looking really down with life.

"Luna hugged her bestfriend "Don't think of that Krystal. Don't focus on your negative side. I think your parents appreciate you more than you know. It's just they aren't showy."

"All I wanted now is to go away and free from troubles. I guess my family would never trust me as long as I'm here living with them while bringing bad luck in the family."

"Don't say that."

"Yes."

"Where do you wish to go Krystal?" Luna asked her.

"I wanted to go to a peaceful area where I can breath a fresh air, eat fresh foods and drink cold water. I wanted to meet strange people who don't know me and my background. Who will embrace me as I am. I want to earn money with myself just like Sica-unnie is doing."

"You're so imaginative Krystal, so where is that place?" Luna asked.

Krystal had been dreaming of Boseong eversince she stayed there with Jessica. It was her ideal place: peaceful and calm, away from her parents and Minho oppa. Although, it was her parent's hometown she was not thinking of staying in their house.

"Just lend me some money and I promised to pay you back once I got job there."

'Are you truly serious Krystal? What about your dream for Minho oppa? Did you really hate him now?"

Krystal did not answer as she refused it. Deep inside she wanted him but she was no longer hoping for it. "He's just part of my past."

Luna was convinced to help Krystal if this will give her some joy she needed. She felt like it will only makes her bestfriend miserable if she stays in Seoul with them. She lent her some money and even gave her some clothing. They are bit larger in size but at least they can cover her. Luna did not attend class that day to spend the time with Krystal. She accompanied her and as they parted, her bestfriend gave her a warm embrace and encouragement "Take care Krystal, just call me if you're already there."

"I will, thank you so much for the support."

"No peoblem. Be happy okay. No more tears." Luna wiped away Krystal's tears as she said goodbye.

"Yes. And promise you won't tell anyone."

Luna nodded "Yes. I wish." She whispered.

Luna secretly sent the handwritten letter Krystal made to her family. Mrs. Jung who was then worried so much for her daughter, made a loud cry for her daughter's message. Daddy and Mommy, sorry for making you worry. I promised, I'll be fine.

Krystal took a bus trip to Jeollanamdo that cold afternoon. Winter was approaching yet she did not notice as she busied herself watching houses passes by. After of five hours travel, she reached the mountain and started feeling the extreme coldness under her one blazer. She then decided to go to their house caretaker for she has their key.

"Who is it?" Mrs. Park Miseon, the 44 years old caretaker of the Jung family's townhouse, heard someone calling outside. "My goodness Ms. Krystal Jung what are you doing here? Come in." She told her after she saw her through window.

Mrs. Miseon prepared her some left-over soup as it was only their food.

"Thank you."

"If you told me earlier that you'll come. I would prepare nicer than that."

"It's fine with me honestly." Krystal taking the pre-heated soup litlle by little. She was apparently shivering from cold.

"You can't stay here Ms. Jung as our little bedroom is too occupied with my husband and sons. Would you rather stay in your house for the meantime?" She asked her.

"Yes."

"Okay. Can you sleep there all alone?"

"Yes."

Mrs. Miseon did not dare to ask her further as she looked so pre-occupied with problem since she came there. She fixed Krystal's bedroom and lighted the fireplace for her. Krystal slept there all alone with only her pillows and sheets. The night was so cold and bit frightening for her yet it was her choice.

It was already one week since Krystal did not return home and it particularly scared her mother. As stubborn as his daughter, Mr.Jung did not search for her as he hope her to return whenever she wanted.  He did not even bother to disturb Jessica with this family problem.

Minho never intended to contact Krystal after the incident in motel. He was trying to move on since then as her wish. He was also busy with final exams while trying to look for part time job. After he and Eunseo split, his status was back to free again. As usual, his admirers increases as his looks keep drawing them near. He was not informed about ran away Krystal until he heard some speculation going around that she committed suicide after she was gone for weeks now. It bothered him so much that he needed to ask one of Krystal's neighbor about it but it was proven false though the girl is still missing. Minho stayed away from Krystal and her family ever since he got involve in a trouble. He did not know whether his concern is still important for them now but all he could do is to stay unaffected as this was Krystal's wish.

Myungsoo on the other hand, transferred to America after he got complained of molesting a teenage girl again. He was then proven half guilty since the accuser was also responsible for the harrassment too.

After of one month in Boseong, Krystal finally decided to send Minho an apology letter through Luna. She wanted to say sorry for what she did to him and to ask for his forgiveness.

Dear Minho oppa,

Good day! Sorry, I wasn't able to explain my side the last time we encountered for I'm so stupid. Sorry for making you lose your job too though I'm confident enough that you'll find some soon. I'm hoping to write more but I guess you'll just get bored of it. Thank you for everything. I really appreciate everything you did great for me and my family. You're such a wonderful oppa and every time you were there I feel much blessed, though I feel like I don't deserve everything of this kindness. I'm wishing you the best oppa and if times permits we can see each other again. Friends I guess. Thank you again oppa.

Sincerely,
Krystal

Minho re-read Krystal's handwriting message, It was so short but sincere. She knows her fault and she needed to explain only it would only recall how dumb it was. He crushed the paper wishing he would say sorry too for his prejudices. Actually, it hurts him until now but he had to forgive her no matter how hard for him to accept it.

Krystal enjoyed everything in Boseong. She planted herbs in the field with Ms. Miseon at morning and worked as an assistant cook in a restaurant nearby at afternoon until evening. She was too happy with her life now earning by herself even it was far little than her daily allowance. She learned to live and sleep alone comfortably without much problem to deal with.

 

to be continued...