What Do I Feel

Shadow of Love

Hanyang Team had enjoyed being unbeatable. They came Wednesday facing Myongji University, the last placer on the team standing which had zero win. Myongji struggled as a team so much in the first part of the season. Not only was the offense lacking, but their defense went missing as their main defender was absent due to injury. A big cheer went up through the whole venue as the Hanyang Team showed up with their ace player Minho. Carrying his pride, he had been star for three games under his belt, dominating the team's scoring and one of the top players in the league. After the toss, the ball went to Hanyang and Minho eagerly fired up the court with his flaming shot "Jersey No. 10, Choi Minhoooooooooo". His fans gone wild hearing the MC calling his favorite number. The momentum went on their side through out until final quarter came when a sophomore named Kim Dongjoon thrilled a two-point shot cutting down the frustrating 12 points lead of Hanyang. The Hanyang had opportunity to retract their lead but the defense was so tight losing their ball possession. The ball landed again to the hands of Dongjoon who released another basket. In his dismay, Coach Hwang of Hanyang called  a time out and switched the guard placing Minho to fend off the attacked of Dongjoon. Unexpectedly, the player showed his prowess to more relaxed Minho and dazed him with his hidden tactics. Unlucky for him, the ace defense turned right too wide opening more chances to hot handed player to score more. Much more disappointment when Dongjoon outscored the ace, leaving him scoreless since the face off. Two minutes left and only two points down of Myongji. Coach Hwang sent back another shooter Sangin to help Minho in offense while double-teaming Dongjoon. The Team is now again leaning on the ace' shoulder as they designed a strategic play for him. One minute left and the ball was bounced passed to Minho. He successfully broke down the zone defense, however was blocked by the point guard of Myongji as he was attempting to put a layup. Time winding down, the point guard of Hanyang could not control the ball and they loosed it. It was still two points lead of Hanyang with 20 seconds remaining in the game. The ball is now with Myongji as all eyes set on Dongjoon's next play, while dribbling the ball. He was waiting for an open man and when he glimpsed a chance, he drove quickly to the basket with his easy shot drawing a foul from his defender, Minho. The crowd was awed-stricken by the great three point play he made at the final buzz. His teammates were already on the court celebrating their first victory when he still need to shoot the crucial free throw to seal the game. Only a miracle prayer can miss the bonus shot that might lead the game to overtime, but Dongjoon managed to shoot the point for them to get their first ever win. It was a heart-breaking defeat and the first loss in their record, Hanyang went to dugout burning with disappointment and humiliation. The ace could not control his temper, released a huge punch on his locker while blaming himself. He went to his car, throwing his things inside and picked up the phone to call his bestfriend Jonghyun.

Jonghyun heard the Hello ringtone he assigned to Minho. 'Hello."

"Hey Jjong, where are you?"

"I'm on my way home? Why?"

"I want to invite you for some drink. Please come I need you here." Minho told him.

"Oh! What came into your mind?"

"Don't ask any more, just come here."

"Okay. Where?"

"Oktoberfest." A popular beerhouse located in Gangnam, Seoul.

"I'll go straight."

Minho already finished three mugs of beers when Jonghyun came. He entered unnoticed and grabbed one of the pack to his bestfriend's surprise.

"I missed you bro." Jonghyun hugged Minho.

"I missed you too." Minho put a happy drunk expression to his bestfriend.

"I didn't hear much of you since the opening. How are you?" Since the league started, the two friends barely had any contact due to Minho's schedule.

"We just lost our fourth game."

"That's why you're here? Good haha" Jonghyun .

"Hush!"

Jonghyun reserved another packs of beer for both of them.. "We're not here if you won. Why did you lose?"

"We felt very confident knowing we're leading. I didn't realize it will turn the other way round."

"Ahh you should learn your lesson then."

"How about you?"

"I just broke up with my girlfriend."

"Nothing's new. How long it lasted?"

"Only two days."

"Playboy."

"You know It's like playing the game, we both take pleasure by playing."

"Sounds funny. But I rather take pleasure on winning, I do everything to win."

"Stop taking game so seriously. Just enjoy it." Jonghyun advised him, knowing his competitiveness,

"I just can't take losing, It's already a mindset."

"Maybe Eunseo didn't cheer you up that's why you lose the game?" He asked flirtily.

Minho shook his head.

'Why? Is there any more problem?"  

"I'm being confused lately."

"Why?

"I'm torn between two girls."

"Yay! Maybe that's the real reason you loss the game, these girls drew so much attention from you."

"Is it really wrong to fall for someone, while my heart has been taken?"

"Lol you can actually collect all of them and select the best at the end."

"But I'm not like you. I want to be faithful."

"You want to be faithful yet inviting another one. Well, who is the other girl then?"

'You already know her...Krystal."

"Krystal? Jessica's little sister?" Jonghyun's eyes widened to hear the name.

'Yes she is."

"I don't know you got some hot for a minor."

"I treated her as little sister, but all that changed just recently."

"How?"

"I can't explain."

"That's why I'm not picking girls younger than me, I just think they are less experienced, plain boring." Jonghyun said.

"I used to like older women, but saying younger is boring is not true."

'Whatever you say, I'm just comfortable with noona."

"I feel like I want to break Eunseo but my conscience said no. Tell me, what do you think?"

"You're really asking for a playboy's opinion?" Minho was still expecting good answer. "You can get girlfriends left and right, but never let yours be caught banging with a , you will be in trouble." Jonghyun advised him.

Minho gulped his beer again. "I desire Krystal the same thing as yours."

"What is it?"

"Pleasure. She can give me happiness and satisfaction that other girls couldn't. It may sound strange but I want her the moment I kissed her. I feel very much connected with her."

"Or your body said so?"

"Krystal is what I want."

"Really?"

"But my problem is, our parents oppose our relationship. My mother and her father are completely against this. I really want to convince them, but I don't know how? And I have to regard Eunseo. She's an ideal wife and my mother's favorite. Krystal is too young for me but she has the same interest with me. I will be happier if I have her."

"If you want real love, you have to choose which girl is better for you. You can go for the happiness that will make you less frustrated in the end. After all, if your decision is wrong you will still learn from it."

"Krystal's father advise me the same thing like love as choice.

"Our advice is just a part of the process, whether you will listen or not you still have to consider others as well yourself. And I think you are matured enough to deal with it."

"As much as I wanted to secure Krystal as I'm securing Eunseo. Yeah, I have to decide. But I don't want to hurt either of us."

"Unlike me, you're keening for loyalty. But if you'll gonna ask my opinion, I'll stay with Eunseo. Krystal is still young, she can please you but don't expect so much from her rawness. Get more time to figure out what is best yet lesser painful for the three of you."

Minho nodded. For the first time of his life, Jonghyun is right. Regardless of what he feels for Krystal, for some other reasons like she is being minor and too far away pushed him to move on with Eunseo. The bestfriends continued drinking up to 1 o'clock in the morning. Afterwards, he went drunk bringing home his decision of letting go.

"Oppa!" Krystal called him in the midst of the strange paradise. She held his hand, drawing him to her direction, and they ran happily. She was wearing a white chemise highlighting her curve under, an intoxicatingly beauty stupefied him. He smiled devilishly as he embraced her, she succumbed her body to him accepting his wild passionate kisses around her neck. Minho then transferred his lips all over her face down to her chest, she moaned his name deeply, but later she died.

"Krystal!" Minho was sweating and breathing fast after he had a bad dream. It was a nightmare causing him to be anxious about it. He was awaken and could not able to return to sleep, still thinking of what had happened to Krystal in that dream.

"You got eye bags." Euseo noticed it.

"Yes. Lack of sleep." Minho respond.

When they reached the front of Cheonan School. "I'll call you later." Minho told her.

"I dropped my cellphone, I can't use it."

"Used this."  He lent his cp to his girlfriend, thinking she needs it more.

"How about you?"

"I'll get busy in practice. Use that, your mother might call long distance to you."

"Okay. Thanks." She smiled to him.

"Welcome. Take Care."

"Bye, Take care."

That day Krystal had missed someone. She grabbed her mobile and dialed Minho's number. Eunseo was in the middle of faculty meeting, when Minho's cp rang. She excused herself to get outside and answered it, hoping it is her boyfriend.

"Hello." Krystal greeted.

"Hello. Who is this?" Eunseo spoke up.

Krystal did not expect her to answer that, she turned off the call immediately. It is his girlfriend, she told herself. Why she is using his personal things?

"Krystal? Come with me, let's have some walk." Jessica popped at the door and invited her dongsaeng,

"Wait Unnie."

Krystal followed Jessica to the fields, so refreshing to go there in the morning. Her sister carried a camera with her and they took selcas together with the lovely background. They pose cutely, smiling and laughing together. Jessica made Krystal cheerful so much, the thing she had not done for a while since her separation from Minho.

"Stand there and pose beside the tree." Jessica directed her sister.

"Okay." Krystal obeyed her and did her aegyo pose.

"Smile!" She captured it and showed to her sister. "Krystal, you really look so lovely when you are smiling."

"Thank you Unnie." It was the first time, Krystal valued their moments. Removing away the bitterness from her, she suddenly apreciate the importance of her sister in her life.

"Did Minho called you?" Jessica asked her after the picture taking.

"No."

"Are you sad?" Jessica made a concern look to her sister.

"I tried to call him but his girlfriend answered it. I think that I have to give up my feelings for him." She told her in a sinking tone.

"Why?"

"I feel like an intruder in their relationship ."

"Don't say that."

"Yes."

"It's not your fault to fell for him. You're just being so young and honest with your feeling."

"What do you think? Do we still have a chance together?"

"Nothing is impossible. But cheer it up, you deserves to be happy now."

Krystal thinked for a moment. "Yes. I'm happy now."                    

"Ohh?"

"Cause I have you. I never thought us would become closer like this." It was like breathing a fresh air when her sister said that, Jessica felt relief at her Krystal's constant changes.

"Yes. We're sisters and friends, right?" She said.

Krystal hugged her sister. "Thank you. I regret those times when I dwelt in my jealousy."

"It's okay. Let's forget it." And they smiled together. They used to be rival but not anymore. Krystal just realized the role and importance of her sister in her life. Someone she can turn to whenever she has problem and the one that keeps her happy and optimistic whenever she is down. In deed, she was thankful for that day when they finally became bestfriends to each other.

From Seoul to Jeollanam, the north-south orientation pushed Minho and Krystal away from each other. Days and months passed, the long distance made the relationship seems forgotten. Minho was engaged with the tournament and rather busied himself in competition, trying to cast away the dilemma occupied him.The road to the Semi-Finals and Finals were rocky challenge for him when every amateur player poured out their best to win every game. Each player experienced peaks and valleys but the one who shined the most was non other than the rookie, Choi Minho. A sure candidate for the Most Valuable Player in the League, top notching the scoring leaders with average of 22 pts per game and third overall in assists, averaging 10 per game. He kept drawing more fans as he displayed his hate to lose attitude. He was determined as ever when he shoulder their squad alongside with his buddy Sanchu. Aside from their previous match up against Kwangwoon, Myongji, University of Seoul, Yonsei, They faced other teams and unluckily lost to Chungang and Sangmyung, while adding to their winning card were Dongguk, Induk and Korea Unversity. In prelims, Hanyang Team played twice against each opponent in a series of venues. They topped the standing when they had  13 W and 5 L. Entering the Semis with only six teams left, they won four games against one lose ensuring a final seat. With the ace, Hanyang is a powerhouse to beat resulting to more recognition from media and audiences. Scouts were scattered everywhere to monitor Minho in each of his game. He was predicted to be a basketball star in the making.
 
Krystal did not disturbed Minho since then. After her realization, she refreshed herself to be joyful with Jessica. When their parents left her under her sister's care, it somewhat motivate them to create a strong bonding. It gave a positive result as Jessica took her part to nourish  her. Krystal possessed less feminine traits compare to Sica hence she did a job to improve her sister's lifestyle such as proper dressing and fixing herself. She taught her on how to behave like a lady and how to speak politely with others. They helped each other doing household chores and spent available times going to near places, gladly unravel their interests with many things.

to be continued...