Beautiful Voice

Shadow of Love

Sunday is rest day, so Minho decided to spend the day with his family and girlfriend. They had plan to attend the church and eat special lunch together. It had been busy weekdays for him so he took the break to have sometime for the family. Since Minho and Eunseo got back together, she always spent her day off with Choi Family as his mother's request. Mrs. Choi peeped through the narrow door, and was so pleased to see her husband and sons cheering for their favorite boxing star on TV. She went back to the kitchen.

"Hope everyday is like Sunday." Mrs. told Eunseo who was then slicing some ingredients.

"Yes. I have missed your son these past weeks. He was too busy with the competition." She told her.

"His schedule is too hectic. Fortunate for him, If he wasn't exempted from his other subjects, it would be hard to balance his time for study."   

"Anyway Ma, did you already talk to him about Krystal?" Eunseo switched the topic.

"Not yet. But, I will later. I have to convince him to stop sorting other matters, he even forgets his self."

Minho was watching the boxing fight when his mobile beeped:

Happy Sabbath Day Minho :)

It was from Jessica.

He replied:

Happy Sabbath Day too. How is your sister?

She answered back:

She's fine. She's expecting you to come, but I said you will go out with your family. We watched mass on TV earlier and she is sleeping until now.

Good. Tell her I'll visit tomorrow.

I will. Thanks!

When the boxing show ended, Mrs. Choi invited her family to dining room. The mother cooked Minho's favorite: Home style Ramyeon (similar to ramen), Samgyeopsal (grilled unseasoned bacon with Kimchi), and Gimbap (similar to sushi). Mrs. Choi is a good culinarian and Minho loves everything his mother prepare for them. While eating their meal, Mr. Choi Yoonkum caught a sweet moment as Minho wiped away some dirt from Euseo's mouth using a table napkin.

"Minseok how about you, when will you introduce to us your girlfriend?"

He turned his head toward his father. "Maybe before Christmas. She was eager to see you but still busy preparing for her LQE." His girlfriend is a Chinese merchant's daughter he met last year during an outing in Yiwu, China. She was a lawyer student and has to take professional examination.

'What is their business again?"

"Grocery Trading."

"I see."

"Is that effective, to have long distance affair?" Mrs. Choi asked him.

"Of course, if there is trust."

"Minseok hurry. Don't let your dongsaeng marry first." The father teased his eldest son, and they laughed together.

"Nah, dongsaeng still needs to graduate. Am I right Minho?" He asked his brother.

"Yeah Yeah Yeah" Minho adorably answered him. He then grasped Eunseo's hand and smiled to her.

"Whoever that can give me my first grandchild is fine." Said by the mother.

"What do you wish Ma? A boy or girl?" The husband asked his wife. He used to call his wife that word too.

"I want a girl."

"Ma, you're already tired taking care of boys?" Eunseo asked her.

The mother burst into laughter. "Of course, never." Mrs. Choi is already contented seeing his sons falling in love with the right girl, for their future is her main concern. She is already satisfied with Eunseo and Minseok's current girlfriend. They are both educated and matured enough that fit the qualities of a good wife.

It was past 6 p.m. when Eunseo said goodbye to Minho's  Family. Minho offered to drive her home but she refused. She thought, he might go back again to hospital after that.

"I will buy something so no need to send me home." They were holding hands while walking towards the gate.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Just take rest. Bye."

"Wait."  Minho  touched her nape with one hand pulling her to him. He looked at her beautiful eyes then lean to reach her delectable mouth. He kissed her gently on her lips then move deeper inside. Eunseo closed her eyes, feeling the sweet sensation of him tasting her own syrup. A passionate kiss from a weeklong absence, however Eunseo's instinct wanted him to stop. She pulled from him, thinking of her modesty.

"Are you okay?" He asked her with concerned face.

"Yes I'm fine. Thank You." Eunseo and Minho did kiss for several times and yet she still cannot give him full satisfaction. They make out whenever he ask him, but she is too restraint when it comes to . Anyway, Minho is desiring more on pure love so he respects Eunseo 's decision. He will rather wait at the right time if she is already prepared.
    
"See you tomorrow love."
 
"See you tomorrow. Take care."
 
Minho was going to his bedroom when his mother called him.  
 
"Son come here."
 
"Okay Ma.' He followed his mother then, they went inside his father's office room. They sat on each chair, facing each other. "What are we going to discuss about?" He asked her mother.
 
"You know I'm so happy today."  
 
"I know Ma."
 
"'Cause seeing my family complete with Eunseo makes me so happy."
 
"Yes." Minho agreed as he can visibly see the joy from his mother's eyes..
 
"Son I have to ask you for something.

"What is it?"

"Would it be helpful if you stop visiting Krystal?"
 
"Why?" Minho was bit surprised at his mother's question. He did not expect her to ask that.
 
"I observe that since the incident, you've been spending a lot of time with her that you almost forgot us especially Eunseo and even yourself."
 
"It's not her fault Ma."
 
"Yes I know. But you still have your career, study, family, and girlfriend. Please don't waste much of your time to that girl, it's unneeded. Look at you now, you got thinner as if you're starving yourself."
 
"Krystal is like a sister."
 
"However, she has a family who look up to her. It's not your responsibility to take care of her anyway."
 
Minho stayed quiet while listening to her mother. He wanted to defend Krystal and yet her advice is right. He found difficult to balance his time, to the point he missed out other things.
 
"I understand Ma " Minho apologized.

On the following day, a police investigating team went to hospital to see Krystal.  
 
"Good Morning Sir and Mam."
 
"Good Morning. Who are they?"
 
"We're the police sent to investigate the case of hazing and Ms. Krystal Jung."
 
"I see. But my daughter is not yet ready to tell anything. Her doctor advised us not to remind her about it." Mrs. Jung told them.
 
"If you want, I will call you once she remembers everything." Her husband added.
 
"Okay Sir. We will go back next time."
 
"Okay."
 
Not long after, Sica came back to hospital and was bringing a lengthy wig for Krystal's head. She was watching a favorite show when her sister surprised her.
 
"Krystal I have something for you." She brought up the black straight wig and put the artificial hair on her.

Her sister yelled out. "NO!"
 
''Why Krystal, you don't like it?"
 
Then Krystal cried out trembling in fear.
 
"What happen to you Krystal?" Sica panicked in her younger sister's sudden burst of emotion.
 
"H-H-Huna"  
 
"What?"
 
"Hyu-Hyuna"
 
"Hyuna who?"
 
Krystal remembered her classmate Hyuna, the leader of the group from Tri-Psy sorority. The wig Sica bought resembles Hyuna's hair and it scared Krystal. She embraced her sister while recalling the evening they attacked her.

"Oppa?" Krystal searched for Minho to comfort her.

"He's in school, attending his class. Don't cry I'm here." Sica secured her in her arms.

Since Krystal disclosed the name of secret society and the five girls who beat her, Mr. Jung called the police team to report his daughter's statement. After it had been filed, arrest warrants were issued to get the founder and its members who were behind of hazing. Taking their action, Cheonan High School suspended some members of the said sorority and expelled the rest including Hyuna's group.

Minho called Krystal's father on the phone about his conflicting schedules. He told him that he will visit Krystal once in a while for he has to attend his other minor subjects, an excuse which Mr. Jung agreed. He was also then busy practicing for the fifth game against University of Seoul that will be set on the other day. Two weeks after, a knock from a door was heard. Mrs. Jung who was putting cream on Krystal's bruises opened the door. She was surprised to see Mrs. Choi visiting her daughter.

"Good Day." She greeted Mrs. Kanghye while giving her the fruit of basket she bought for Krystal.
 
"Good Day. You surprised me Mrs. Choi Jiwoo. Come in."
 
She entered the room and saw Krystal sleeping. Minho's mother checked her. "It's almost three weeks since the incident. Her wounds are now healing."
 
"Yes. She is recovering faster than we expect." Mrs. Jung told her while smiling. "Minho is a great help. He's like a brother taking care of her."
 
"I see, Minho is indeed caring."
 
"Yes he is." Mrs. Jung agreed.
 
"But he's too busy now a days. I'm so worried on his health too."
 
"Yes I know. We advised him to rest sometimes, but he still manage to go here."
 
"He have plenty of other things to do. I told to him to prioritize the more important one."
 
"My husband talked with him about it. We're not forcing him to go here, he's just happy to see Krystal's improvement and my daughter too." Mrs. Kanghye told her.
 
"Please tell to your daughter too that Minho is very busy. I know he can't resist if she's always searching for him."
 
"My daughter likes your son so much, Jessica also. I know Krystal will understand if her oppa can't visit her because of his schedule."
 
"Good." Mrs. Choi did not wait Krystal to wake up since she already said her part.

At Seoul Tech University Gym, the University of Seoul was playing without their main man because of an injury. They shook off a slow first half and outscored by Hanyang, 36-22, Minho's team took controlled the entire game down the stretch and beat U.Seoul in a low scoring game 56-51. Choi Minho led all scorers with an impressive 23 points, half of the team's score. The 5-game winning streak put Hanyang at no. 1 spot on team standing.

Luna anxiously wanted to see Krystal ever since the issue of hazing broke out. It was only yesterday when she discovered the hospital where Krystal stayed in.

She knocked on Room 201 and the door opened for her "Good Day Mam. Is this Krystal's room?"
 
"May I know your name please." Mrs. Lee asked her.
 
"I'm Luna Park, Krystal's classmate."
 
"Yes. She's here. Come."
 
"Krystal!" Luna screamed her name as she saw Krystal. She ran to her classmate joyfully.
 
"Luna." Krystal was too surprised to see Luna visiting her and they hugged each another. Three and a half weeks after the hazing, Krystal speech wenr back to normal, her bruises were nearly healed and the lump on head was almost gone, only some wounds were bandaged including the head.
 
"Girls I should buy some medicines. Krystal I'll leave you to Luna."
 
"Okay Nanny."
 
"Nanny, what should I call you?" Luna asked the old woman.

"Mrs. Misook Lee, but can me auntie if you want."
 
"Take care auntie." Luna said to her.
 
"Thank you."

"Hey, when I heard the news about you I got sad. I wanted to see you but don't know where to find you until Ms. Kim told me.Thank God you're okay now." Luna said to her.
 
"Yes. Thank you Luna for thinking of me."
 
"It's amazing you're still beautiful even you got bandages."
 
"Am I? I'm always disappointed whenever I see myself in the mirror. I'm nothing now but an ugly bald."
 
"No don't say that. Your hair is growing. You see after a couple of months you will look the same gorgeous as you are." Krystal was touched by Luna's words.
 
"Luna I miss your voice. Can you sing for me?"
 
"Of course. What song?"
 
"Anything or any friendship song." Krystal does not have friend in South Korea other than her oppa, but now she felt she find another one. "How about Lean on Me?" She suggested.
 
"Sure." Luna cleared her voice then started...
 
Sometimes in our lives. We all have pain. We all have sorrow. But if we are wise. We know that there's always tomorrow

Luna was singing when Krystal joined her...

Lean on me, When you're not strong. And I'll be your friend. I'll help you carry on. For it won't be long. 'Til I'm gonna need. Somebody to lean on

To her amazed, Luna paused and listened to Krystal while she is singing the second part.
 
"Wow! You got angelic voice." Luna praised her
 
"I love singing, I always sing when I'm alone." Krystal smiled.

"Ohh for sure you will no longer alone. Let's continue." They sang together from the beginning of the song.

Minho was passing through the corridor when he heard a sweet sound coming from Krystal's room. It was his only second visit since last week. He opened the door and peeked upon it to listen the voices therein. He saw Krystal with a girl singing together. Their voices were matched in harmony producing a beautiful music. The song was uplifting and he was totally amused of hearing Krystal's singing voice. After they finished the song, Minho applauded.
 
"Oppa!" Krystal saw Minho standing at the door smiling at her while clapping his hands.
 
Luna sprung from lying on Krystal's bed. "Good Afternoon." Luna bowed down to Minho and he did the same.
 
"Oppa, she's Luna my classmate. Luna, he's Minho oppa."
 
"Hello."
 
"Hello." Luna giggled. "I don't have idea that you have handsome oppa." Krystal tapped Luna's albow after saying that.
 
Minho smiled. "I have something for you." He gave a box of doughnuts for Krystal and she opened it.
 
"Wow!" They saw bunch of glazed doughnuts with assorted crème flavor fillings Minho brought from Krispy Kreme.
 
Krystal offered doughnut to Luna and she picked the chocolate dreamcake. "Thank You." Then she savored it "Hmm delicious."

Krystal offered the box to Minho. "Pick?"
 
"You get first." He asked her as he sat down on bed facing them.
 
Krystal chose the original glazed doughnut which happened to be Minho's favorite too. Before Krystal eat, she broke the doughnut and moved to feed him. Minho held her hand as she putting the piece into his mouth. Luna watched them. "You look like my parents. So sweet." Minho and Krystal blushed at Luna's comment, they did not realize their action until the girl remarked. After an hour, Luna left them for she had to go home. Minho stayed with Krystal while Mrs. Lee is buying her medicine. Krystal showed to Minho the Sports Illustrated Magazine where David Beckham is on the cover.  
 
"My sister is also a soccer fan. She loves David and his wife Victoria." She told him while pointing at the picture.   
 
"Really?" He moved closer to Krystal and sat besides her back.  
 
"Ohh they got three very cute sons." Krystal said while looking at cute Beckham children. Minho remembered his mother of wanting a baby girl as her first grandchild. She got bored taking care of her boys so this time she wish for a girl.  
 
"If you were having a baby, which do you prefer a boy or girl?" Minho asked her.
 
"Boy." Krystal answered.
 
"Why?"
 
"They said boys are easier to raise. I don't have experience in taking care of baby, but I would like to try soon."  
 
"So funny. You and my mother are opposite."
 
"Maybe she's expecting you to give baby girl for her."  
 
"Yeah right." He laughed as she read his mind.
 
"How about you?" She asked him.
 
"Whatever. I just hope the baby is normal."
 
They continued scanning the pages. Krystal kept pointing the picture of famous celebrity athletes, while Minho kept turning the pages. She was holding the magazine when suddenly Minho's fingers acccidentally touched her hand.

to be continued...