I Miss Her

Shadow of Love

On her way home, Krystal caught the sight of the church where she and Minho visited during her birthday. Something in there calling her to come in. She was not a religious person nor praying is a habit, but through her desperate situation, she could only do is to get some faith. The heavy loads is too hard for her to bear and so she went inside hoping somebody will listen to her. As she knelt down on the ground, she humbled herself and faced to ask Him.

With her heavy tears dropping, she begged Him for some mercy. "I'm sorry for being stubborn and selfish one to those people around me. I committed mistakes out of ignorance and these things might be a punishment for me. I have trouble dealing with everything ever since until I met Minho oppa who give me importance and makes me value my life as it is. He is my strength, but now he's sick. I can't be there but I hope this prayer would  somehow help him to recover faster. I want to take care of him and to see him healthy again but there are so many hindrances that preventing me to do so. I don't understand why this love has gone wrong but please I won't ask anything by now only to restore his health again. It causes me much pain knowing him suffering while I'm away. Please... I'm begging you Lord."

When she finished her pray, she went home and lied herself on the bed. Her nanny noticed her arrival and so she came to her. Mrs. Lee could see the agony all over Krystal's face. For the first time, the girl did not throw tantrum on it, rather she quietly kept all the burden inside her. The nanny sat besides her and caressed  her back as the poor girl stared blankly on the wall.

Mrs. Jung went home earlier than her husband, she wondered where everybody go. The house was unusually silent all over. As she searched them in every corner of the house, the mother found Mrs. Lee resting besides Krystal.

"What happen Nanny?"

Out of her stress, Krystal slept shortly when her nanny came. Mrs. Lee invited Kanghye to go out for some talk. Then, she confessed the problem.

"Minho and Krystal are seeing each other again?" The mother was bit surprised by the news and yet she sounded fine about it. "Since when?"

"Your daughter told me since Jessica left."

"Then?"

"She can't confide her problem to you and Jaeyoung because she's afraid that you'll go to intrude this relationship again and now she's feeling helpless thinking about her sick Oppa."

"Why would I have to barge in this relationship? If she's happy I'm supporting her."

'Thank you Kanghye for understanding that. Minho is sick since last night and I don't know what happen now since she didn't say anything. I didn't ask the girl but she seems so tormented that I'm starting to worry about her state. It's my first time to see her like this so please help your daughter."

"Why she has to hide this problem? I love Minho like a son and this news saddened me. The boy is really a great help to our family. Okay, take care of her and I will visit the boy."

Mrs. Jung left the house and quickly drove her car to Choi's residence. Unfortunately, the boy was already sent to SMC Hospital so she had to ask the maid about the landmark nearby. When Kanghye reached one of the finest hospital in Irwon-Dong, she inquired through Information Area about Minho's private room and went directly towards there. She knocked on the door, carrying a basket of flowers as a present for him. Mrs. Jiwoo was there and opened the door for her. She was not expecting Krystal's mother to visit.

"Yes?"

"Good Afternoon Unnie, I went here to visit Minho. I'm carrying gift for him." Since Kanghye is younger than Jiwoo, she has to call her Unnie or Older Sister in respect.

"Okay." She let Kanghye to enter yet speculating about her motives. She thought that Krystal might already told her about the incident earlier."

Mrs. Jung checked Minho's condition. He was there sleeping with IVs on his hand. He looks pale and weak yet he has all the necessities and supports for him. The room was filled with flowers, foods, and letters from his co-workers, friends, and fans.

"Did your daughter already told you what happened earlier?" Mrs. Jiwoo asked Krystal's mother directly as she impatiently curious about it..

"Huh? I was only informed by our nanny that Minho is sick. My daughter and I still haven't talk when I came back from work. Is there problem Unnie?"

"So she didn't tell you?"

"No. Actually, my daughter keeps worrying about her Oppa since last night that's what I know."

"I see."

"Please Unnie tell me about that incident. I want to know." Kanghye got bothered by that info.

"I just got angry at her."

"Why? What did my daughter do?"

"Nothing with me but with Minho. Why are you allowing your daughter to cling on with my son who has girlfriend?"

"Wait a minute. So you got mad because of that?"

"Yes. And let's talk about this outside so we can't disturb my son." Mrs. Jung obeyed Mrs. Choi though she was not liking the things she said.

"Unnie..."

"Kanghye, please advice your daughter to stay away from my son. She is only High School."

"I know my daughter Unnie. She likes Minho because he likes her too. He is always supporting her and now that your son is in need, I guess my daughter is grateful enough to return his kindness."

"My son is in love with his girlfriend. He is just attracted to your daughter because she is always provoking him."

Mrs. Jung was deeply stabbed by the sharp tongue of Mrs. Choi. "No! Minho is always around whenever my daughter needs help. Krystal didn't call him, it was his choice to take care of her. They are genuinely in love!"

"So you are tolerating your daughter's motive? Such a shame that as a mother, you allow your child to be like that?"

"Wait, I'm here to visit your son but don't insult my daughter in front of me."

"I'm just showing your own mistake. I know your background Kanghye. You always left your daughter with her nanny. You pampered her to cover up your flaws until she became so egoistic as that. I won't let Minho to be like one of her toy. Never in your wildest dream to satisfy her craving!"

"Stop Unnie! My daughter won't take whatever she can't have. Please don't say that." Mrs. Jung could not prevent herself from crying. She was too unprepared and weak to fight with her.

"I wilt stop only when you prevent your daughter in seeing my son." Then she went back to the room. Like daughter, It was painful for Mrs. Jung to received those spiteful words. She admits that she has mistakes too but she knows her daughter. Krystal might be stubborn but she is sincere person. She is very honest with what she feels and when she's in love, she's true about it. The mother went back home promising herself not to say anything about their confrontation to Krystal for it will only add more weight on her part.

"Mommy, Mrs. Lee told me you already know our secret and that you came to see him. How's oppa?" Krystal asked her quickly as she arrived.

The mother stared on her innocent child's eyes. In her thought, she won't let Krystal would suffer again.""He's okay Krystal. I saw him and he got so much love pouring on him." She put a smiling face trying to hide her feeling.

"Ohh thanks God. I prayed earlier that hopefully Oppa will be okay and God seems granting my wish/" Krystal was relieved by the information, however her concern now is her mother's position about their relationship.

"Mommy, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you. I thought you will disapprove it like  Daddy." She then hugged her mother.

Since the argument, the mother has an urge to stop it yet she only wants to see her daughter happy. She trust her daughter enough for this. "I just want you to be happy so I'm supporting you. However I have one condition to ask."

"What is it Mommy?"

"Just stay happy. Otherwise, if things won't turn out to be what you wanted then better stay out of it."

 "Yes Mommy. I know. Thank you again." She hugged her tightly. Although Krystal is uncertain about the result, what she only wants is Minho's happiness.

The mother hugged her daughter in response. When Minho saved Krystal from the minor accident then later hazing, she knows that he is playing an important part for her daughter's life. The way her daughter continuously changing, is the positive effect of their relationship. Meanwhile, Mr. Jung was still unaware on the issue going on. He was tired from work and went besides his closet to change his clothes. While scanning for tee, he then found a strange shirt folded on top of it. He is the only male in the house thus it made him wonder to whom this shirt belongs to. He approached Mrs. Lee in the kitchen to ask about that matter.

"Nanny whose shirt is this?" The nanny's eyes went larger to see Minho's shirt on the father's hand. She could not say the truth and even she will tell lie, saying it belongs to Jessica's boyfriend is not believable answer. The man's body is bigger than Minho's. Her reaction was too obvious for him not to be suspicious about it. "Tell me Nanny."

She grabbed the shirt from Jaeyoung's hand and made some story. "Ohh It might be from some neighbor. It flew along strong wind and mixed up with our laundry."

"Really? Then why you still stored that inside my closet if it isn't mine. I thought you are already familiar with my clothes."

"No No No don't think that way. Your nanny is  just forgetful lately due to age. If you'll excuse me" Mrs. Lee blamed herself for mixing up the shirt with Jaeyoung's clothes.

Although the Nanny made sure that it was from neighbor's, Mr. Jung was not entirely convince of her answer. Based on her reaction and gesture, she is like hiding something from him..

Minho was in state of delirium at the evening. Eunseo volunteered to nurse him throughout night.  Besides him, she clearly heard him whispering a name.

"Krystal..."

"Krystal?"

Minho was dreaming about Krystal that night. Although he was sick, his mind and body is missing her. He could feel her absence that is why he was calling her. Eunseo felt little insulted even though he was unconscious about it. She then remembers their encounter at Choi's gate when she saw the girl departing with teary eyes. She then thought, that the two is in secret affair. On the morning, Mrs. Choi came back while Eunseo need to go work. During the breakfast, Mrs. Choi noticed Eunseo's loss appetite.

"Are you okay Eunseo?' She asked her.

"Yeah."  She pretended.

"Is there anything wrong? Would you mind to share with me?"

"No Ma. I'm not ready to open it. I just need to work now, see you later." She kissed the woman on her cheek and stood to leave. Eunseo felt It was not the right time to talk about it. Minho was still in bed, recovering from the illness, so she need to respect it and wait at other time. However she made plan.

Almost five days in hospital and Minho was slowly recovering. He still needs to stay at hospital to regain his normal condition. He checked his cellphone for the first time since confinement. It was flooded with miscalls and wishes of speedy recovery. On deleting the inbox and call registered, he saw Krystal's miscalls. He then figured out that Krystal was not able to visit him since she might be afraid of his mother, and so he understood. He was already missing the girl and so he was planning to see her once he got discharge from hospital.

Minho's absence pushed Krystal to work harder in training. She wanted to surprise him with her polish skills once he got back. She was giving her best to be included as one of representative of their village. After half day of drill, she was fixing her things to leave when suddenly a woman appears inside dug-out.

"Eunseo?" She was totally surprised to see the woman there.

"I came to see you. Let's have some talk shall we?' Eunseo invited her in the nearest cafeteria in which she agreed.

Krystal knows that they will talk about Minho. "How's oppa?"

"He's okay now."

"Great."

"Why you didn't visit him in the hospital?"

Krystal could not answer as she feels embarrassed to tell that Mrs. Choi is phobiting her. "I have training that's why I can't come."

"Don't lie to me Krystal. I know your secret." Krystal looked at her in wonder. "Yes."

"How?"

"I know his stares when he likes the person." Eunseo told her.

"We're just friends."

"Really?"

"Yes." Minho and Krystal talked about that. They don't care what kind of relaitonship it is as long as they are together.

"Liar." Eunseo told her up front.

"We are not doing anything wrong."

"Don't you know our parents are setting us up for a future? The plan is, after his graduation then we can marry. However, It's kinda upsetting now that some brave schoolgirl will interrupt this plan.." Minho and Eunseo were not officially engaged but their parents are already approving the plan month ago.

Krystal went speechless. She was stuck in disbelief since Minho did not told her about this.

"I know why you can't visit your oppa because his mother doesn't like you. You're still young and plenty of things to enjoy with, don't try to steal someone who isn't yours." After her statement, Krystal's phone rang and it was Minho. She could not answer it now in front of this woman. She turned off her cellphone instead.

"I'm not stealing anyone. We're both happy and contented with whatever relationship  we have now." She told her boldly.

Minho tried to call Krystal again but she turned off the cellphone. He was doubtful on why she had to do this to him..

"Don't try to be innocent little girl. And if you are persistent still, Minho will only take the consequence." She warned  her.

Eunseo left her after saying that. She thought her words might be rude for Krystal but that is the only thing she could do to convince her to stay away from her boyfriend. Krystal got trapped within more complex problem. Her only intention is to be happy and contented with the man she love but things seem not favoring their side.

to be continued...

 

This is my promise for sherlocklove, sorry again for making you wait :)