Dirty Trick

Shadow of Love

After Minho's confession, Mrs. Choi called Eunseo urgently. She wanted to know if her son already did break with her.

"Hello Eunseo. How are you?"

"Ma. I'm okay. How about you?" Eunseo then just finished a two hour faculty meeting.

"Good too. You seem, busy since last two weeks?"

"Yes. So many priorities lately. Why did you call Ma?"

"Are you free so I can invite you for some drink?"

"Yeah sure. Where?"

"In Cafe De Seoul. Just give me 30 minutes to be there."

"Okay. I'll wait for you then."

When the two already met at the location, they cheerfully kissed and hugged each other.

"It's good to see you again Eunseo. You  grew more lovely than before." Mrs. Jiwoo praised her.

"Thank you. You too Ma. What are we going to talk about?" Both sat up, mannerly facing each other. They ordered some espresso and chocolate cake.

"Hmm"

"What, is there a problem?"

"Did my son already talk with you?"

"Ahh no." Eunseo suddenly remembered her boyfriend who did not even call after the confinement from hospital. She then lowered her eyes trying to hide her loneliness.

"I see." Mrs. Choi thought that Eunseo was quiet dismayed about it. Although it was her intention of asking this matter, she rather not to open it. However,

"Ma, honestly I'm losing interest with Minho." Since Eunseo knew that Minho and Krystal are having affair, she felt like cheated. She waited for her boyfriend's call all these times to at least to greet her but he did not.

"No. Don't think of that." The old woman consoled her.

"Yes. In the hospital, he kept calling the other girl's name unconsciously. I think then that they are in relationship." She confessed to her.

"With Krystal?"

"Yes that girl."

Although his mother expected it, she denied. "No, he don't love her."

"He never treats any girl that special even with me." Eunseo told her, sounding jealous at the way her boyfriend treating the girl.

"No don't think that way. Minho loves you, don't doubt."

"Ma, this thing happens all over again. The same reason we had split the first time. I thought it was great at beginning but he suddenly went cold and now he has her. I don't know what he's thinking and I feel like he's just forcing himself to me."

"Give him a chance please." Mrs. Choi begged Eunseo.

"I love your son Ma and you were like a family to me. But I realize that I have to respect myself too. I don't want to be look depress in here. It's either he will leave that girl or we're finally done." Eunseo fought back her tears, she already cried herself ever since. Minho treated her like a princess. He never fought with her nor abusing her frailty. He respected her always as seen through his deeds, but he could not betray his feeling and that is what Eunseo hates. Minho would silently solve his conflict without confiding it to her.

"Please Eunseo, hold on..."

"I talked with Krystal and though I scared her she seems fighter. I don't know but I feel like a third wheel between them."

"No, don't think of that. I love you as my daughter I never see any one to be with my son other than you." Mrs. Choi tearfully plead her. This made her more anxious, losing Eunseo.

"I don't know Ma. I'll give him more chance but if ever I see him with that Krystal again, we're done." Eunseo is matured woman with an open mind. Although she really hates this situation, she could not let herself to suffer again. After her last broke up, she promised to stay stronger in whatever circumstance she will face.

"Eunseo, listen to me. I'm on your side since beginning. I can protect you as like a daughter to me. My son obeys me and that he'll forget her soon. So calm yourself and don't be troubled by this." The mother assured her.

Since L's defense was too loose, Minho has to demonstrate him some tighter technique. It was already noted before though yesterday's encounter affected the training between them. The man-to-man defensive play was like a jostling match between the two. They came to the court in rougher contact, fired with both motives and emotions that neither would give in. Some trainees noticed it and even wondered about something burning between them. Minho's eyes sharply lay on L. He was using his both hands to shield the ball that L possessed. The younger dribbled the ball slowly, figuring for an attack, however his coach's close position prohibited him from moving. Impatiently, L threw his elbow on Minho's chest that pushed him away. He made a quick shot right after the dirty trick.

The hit was as hard as blow, Minho controlled his already fulled temper. "Foul!"

L's elbowing was clearly intentional, he knows that it is an illegal contact. "Yeah, do I need to say sorry?"

His sentence made his coach lose his patience. He confronted L and gripped his shirt out of anger. "If you can't respect me, just get out." Everyone in gym ran between them, trying to calm the tension.

L smirked "Respect? Had it ever struck you while paddling two rivers?" The bystanders were bit surprised at what L unfolded. They never thought that with Minho's reputation, he can do such thing.   

Minho realized then that L already knew his secret with Krystal, the girl might already confessed it to him. "That's non of your business."

"Such a poor defense Coach. I thought you're smart with some tactics."

"This is a training session so stop bringing some personal matters here."

"Na, na, na. It was you who did it. Didn't you read, having an affair with is against the rule?

"Huh?" Everyone got puzzled up by L's statement, yet Minho clearly understood what he meant. Romance between coach and trainee is strictly prohibited during the training period. The rule was formed partly by fear of scandals and even harassments and the punishment for the violators is expulsion. Anybody might knew that Minho and Krystal are just like siblings except with L who already knows their relationship.

Please join us for a night of food and fun to celebrate the 50th birthday of our Sports Committee Chairman, Lee Hanwi on November 13 at 7 p.m. The Location is in his residence. See you there!

Krystal re-read the invitation letter that she just accepted, deciding if she could be able to attend. Everyone from the village committees down to the staffs and trainees were all invited at his golden celebration. She folded the letter and walked on her way when L suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Hello honey."

As usual, his suave gesture annoyed her. "Don't call me honey, okay?"

"Aren't we're couple? Didn't you agreed?"

"You know we're just pretending."

"So this pretending is just a public display for you?"

"What do you expect? I said I'm not good at showing it, even if it's just fake."

"You don't even know how to respect me?"

"What?"

"Just call me Oppa for once."

"Don't impose about respect."

"Okay, then I'll tell everything to Coach."

L moved to leave but Krystal pulled him, seemingly scared about it. "Don't tell this to him, please. Don't put much stress on him ." Krystal knew that her oppa is already suffering with this break up. Finding this deceiving plan would hurt him more.

Everything about Minho seems like a good trap for Krystal, it only shows how she loves him. L is a sort of sadist, seeing her begging is like a pleasure and would love to take advantage of it.

"Be nice to me and I'll be easy with you."

She replied quietly.

"Say to me Oppa..."

"O-ppa."

"Good girl." L held Krystal's hand firmly and they walked together. The poor girl forced herself to be with him while nside her mind, it is much better consequence.

"Will you go to Mr. Hanwi's party?" L asked her.

"No. It's too late. Besides I want to take rest on Saturday."

"You're really boring kid."

"I don't normally go out at night." She told him.

"Only with Coach?" Krystal then remembered the times when she spent the evening with Minho. They were the most precious moments she had ever experienced. "No." She denied.

"Oh come on. Don't tell me that noona-killer hadn't deized you yet."

"Stop it!" Krystal pulled her hand from L. His words are like a poison, corrupting her thought. She moved away, yanking herself from the jerk until she bumped to a man who just held her. She faced him, and was stunned. "Oppa..."

Since Minho learned about Myungsoo and Krystal's relationship, his perception about her degraded. Although he believed that it was more of play, he already questioning the girl's sincerity after that. She still has his mercy, yet the pride invaded his body as he could not afford to accept the thing she did.

For the first time, Krystal felt humiliated in front of this man. She could not stand straight not even could stare on his eyes just like a culprit does. She felt guilty playing with both of their feelings yet scared to move on. She tried to get some courage to face his expressionless face.

"Krystal!" L called her quickly while approaching them.

She turned around, thankful at the savior. "L oppa."

"Let's go home now." L ignored his coach and escorted the weary girl away. He put his arm around her shoulder and they quietly went out.

Minho swallowed the scene in front of him. He was so confused on everything as he saw Krystal was not complying with him. He could drag her from L and have her later, but the thing is he was not authorized to do it. He felt like these situations were taking it's toll on their relationship. Jealousy took in after the conceited insensitivity, he never felt so emotionally drain as before.

L opened the car and Krystal entered. As he pulled the belt around him, Krystal spoke. "Thanks oppa." She told him, sincerely even without looking.

L did not expect that. "Why?"

"I guess without you, moving on is too hard for me." She answered.

L was slightly moved by her words. His motive was to play his game, but something with this girl is unbelievably pure. Falling in love is the last thing on his list, but he do not mind if it happens.

"I want you to go with me on the party so you can enjoy your life too." He told her.

Krystal agreed. She had to throw all the negativity she had for now. It was all part of her plan and thus she has right be happy.

Minho had cooled down his temper after the incidents with L and Krystal.  He was clueless on what to do until he remembered Eunseo. Before everything, he seemed to forget a girlfriend who is waiting for him. He texted her right away and planned to visit her.

Eunseo got overjoyed by his sudden attention. She almost gave up in front of his mother earlier but this message recovered the remaining hope that she has. She fixed herself and cooked some dinner for him. One moment, his car buzzed and she opened the door excitedly.

Her sweet smile just his mood, he came to her  and hug her. "I'm sorry I did not contact you as I know you're busy." Minho came to her, apologetic yet smiling. The woman he supposedly had turned down was the person he could run to.

"Don't worry, I understand." Eunseo smiled to him, she then refrained herself from complaining. What matter is she was with him. She prepared rice with dak galbi, a stir-fry marinated diced chicken with spice and veggies that she learned from Mrs. Choi.

"Wow!." Because of early incidents, Minho did not ate since breakfast, he just regained his appetite with Eunseo's preparation. "He spooned some and gulped it like a water. "Perfect." He gave a thumb up and she smiled. He looks like a child, from a day-long play as she observed. Minho finished his meal faster and drank some cold soda.

The two went in front of TV and Minho leaned on her shoulder while watching. They had enjoyed some fourth-quarter match up with Miami Heat against Oklahoma City Thunder. When the play ended, Eunseo changed the channel and caught a rendition by John Farnhams's Please Don't Ask Me. Coincidentally, the message was like a mirror reflecting what Minho really feels. Since Krystal left him, his mind was haunted by disturbance. He pressed some tears while hearing the passionate sound of music. Eunseo could see some tears on his eyes. For the guy who never cried, It must be difficult time for him.

Eunseo turned off the TV and comforted him. She then wiped his teary eyes with her own hand "Calm Minho-shi." She told him.

Minho turned to face her, pain occupied all over his face. "Can you help me then?" He asked her while slowly leaning his head on her. At his depression, his last option was to get some pleasure from her. She surprisingly nodded as it might help and opened her lips to receive his kiss. He held her head pressing her against his thirsty mouth while running his hands all over. He then ed her blouse impatient for the he needed. Eunseo felt that Minho's moves were rather forcing than his usual passion. She pulled herself from him hurriedly and buttoned her clothes.

Minho swiped his hair, felling guilty and disappointed by his action. "I'm sorry."

"I'm fine Minho. Please go home now and take a rest so you can get back to yourself again." She told him. Eunseo was frustrated as he. She would not allow him to devour her flesh as the answer for his problem. She saw his sorrow and willing to comfort him, but his intention did not help as she apprehended that what she feels was just out of pity.

to be continued...