Truth

For me, It's you

Your POV

 

After the 5 hour operation, Yunho was transferred to a hospital suite; I was inside his room with Jae and a few doctors.

“Jaejoong-ssi, how is he?” I hesitantly asked.

“Uhmm, he’s in a stable condition right now, he’s passed the dangerous stage, but..”His  brows furrowed.

“But?”

“He might have amnesia.”

 It felt like someone dropped a 1000 ton rock on me.

That sentence from him made my insides turn. That’s why I was afraid to ask Yunho’s condition…I was scared that the truth would kill me.

“Amnesia?” My lips trembled.

“Don’t worry too much about it, its only a 30 percent possibility.” He said as he patted my shoulder.

After fixing a few things, Jae and the other doctors left.

I sat on the couch, I looked at Yunho who was on the bed, sleeping. His forehead was bandaged, and his left leg was in a cast. Its because of me why he’s in there,,I should be the one there!

I felt tears threatening to fall again.

I heard the doors opened. Ri In entered with Changmin. She looked at Yunho.

 

RiIn’s POV

 

Before going to Oppa’s room, Jaejoongoppa talked to me.

“Rinnie, Yunho’s stable right now…but he hit his head pretty heard..”

“What do you mean?”

“He might have amnesia.”

 

I went inside the room after, I saw Heeyeon sitting on one of the couches. I looked at my brother. Wires and needles were attached to him, he was sleeping peacefully. Amnesia… I felt my eyes water.

Why does it have to be my brother?! All my life he has been so good to me, even if I don’t follow him sometimes he still cares for me..why!?

I went to his bedside, I took his hand.

“Oppa….It’sRiIn,,your sister..you have to get well, Oppa..please,,forme..forHeeyeon.” My cheeks were already wet; I hugged his sleeping form and ran out of the room.

 

~~~Narrator’s POV~~~

 

It’s been a week since that fateful day, Yunho was still asleep, Heeyeon never left his side. Ri In would visit him everyday. Everyday, Heeyeon would cry secretly, blaming herself for what happened. She was afraid to talk to Ri In, she thought Ri In blamed her, but the truth was Ri In didn’t what to say to her, she was too afraid of the truth herself.

 

Meanwhile, at the Shims’ residence everything had gone silent, Changmin would leave for work, so as Ri In, they would only meet each other during night time, small talk then sleep. Changmin didn’t know what to say to her, he was afraid that Ri In would reject him.

Then one time during lunch on a Sunday, RI In sat beside him.

“Can you come with me to the hospital later?” She asked.

“Sure.” He gave her a smile.

 

Changmin’s POV

 

“Sure.” I answered. She nodded and went back to eating.

“Uhmm, Ri In-ah….”

“Hmm?”

“About that day…I~”

“Oppa, I understand, that was just for our image, don’t worry.” She smiled at me then went back to her meal.

IMAGE?!

“No, Ri In-ah, it wasn’t for our image, to hell with that, I kissed you because I sincerely like you.”

She just looked at me.

 

RiIn’s POV

 

“No, Ri In-ah, it wasn’t for our image, to hell with that, I kissed you because I sincerely like you.”

I stared at him.

“Oppa, I—I didn’t-”

“It’s okay, you don’t need to give me an answer right away.” He smiled.

“What if I tell you.. I like you too?” I told him.

“Huh?”

“I like you, Shim Changmin, its weird saying this,,knowing we got engaged almost a month ago.”

He laughed and gave me a hug.

“Thank you.” He whispered. I just kissed his cheek.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++