I Remember

I Remember

 

You hear beeping in the room, your eyes wince at the flashing lights above you.

"___, are you alright?" Emily whispers next to you.

You turn to see that you're in a hospital bed, with wires stuck across your body, and a machine counting your heartbeat.

"What.. What happened?"

"You fainted, like, you just fainted. Everyone is worried, Daehyun demanded for you to get rushed into immediate care," she dryly laughs, "Well, not like they wouldn't have to begin with. The guys all carried you into bed with the nurses."

You nod in understanding.

Now remembering the conversation you heard from Daehyun's room, your heart skips a beat as you remember the sound of his tears.

He really loves me, doesn't he? you finally realize.

Emily runs to bring the five guys into the room, Channie enters first, concern written all over his face, "______, we were all very worried."

"Thank you for worrying," you smile, "But I am fine now."

Channie's hand brushes your bangs from your forehead, you wince at the coldness of his hand. He laughs, "I'm just making sure that you don't have a fever, silly."

You blush in response, "Thanks."

The room is quiet after that, none of the members know what to say other than, "How are you feeling?" and you always lie in response, "Fine." The room becomes tense.

It's obvious that Youngjae has been crying, his eyes are bright and puffy, his voice seems to hoarse. You want to ask him about it, but can't bring yourself to. You just continue sneaking looks at him, wanting to figure it out.

Zelo breaks the silence by brightly announcing, "Hyungs! I'm thirsty!"

Bang smiles at him and suggests for everyone to go grab drinks. Emily offers to stay behind but you tell her it's fine and that you want a small light coffee, she nods.

They all begin to leave but Youngjae says that he's fine and stays behind, in the end, it's just you and Youngjae in the room together.

Youngjae went straight to the point, "Do you love Daehyun still?"

Your eyes flicker in surprise by his suddenness and you turn away in embarrassment, "He's attractive and everything, I'm not going to lie, but I don't love him..just yet. I don't think the feelings I'm having is anything like the ones we supposedly shared before."

Youngjae nods in understanding, "Alright. But, keep trying, okay? Please? Promise me that you will keep trying, for not only Daehyun, but for me too."

You nod, "I promise."