I Remember

I Remember

 

You recognize the walls of the hospital somewhat but can't recall from where. You feel that you've seen these nurses before too, but shake your head, telling yourself that you're probably mistaken. Youngjae leads the way, at the door to the room, he opens it slowly and peeks in quietly. He turns at you guys and smiles, "Guys, he is awake."

Hesitantly you follow the crowd and all of you enter the room. You try to hide your small body behind all the tall guys but still try to peek at your "boyfriend"'s face.

Holy crap, he is as gorgeous as the pictures.

You examine his face, even though his face is still bandaged up, you can see his perfect dark eyes and his well-rounded lips. You feel yourself starting to heat up.

As Daehyun and the rest of the guys begin chatting, you take note that Daehyun is calm and loves to talk. One question comes with an entire story in response, it seems.

You smile at yourself, That's my boyfriend?

 

 Daehyun then catches you looking and stops talking. He smiles at your sight and mouthes, Come here.

The guys and Emily all chuckle and quickly head towards the door, "We'll be out here. We'll give you a couple of minutes," they say on their way out.

You feel your heart begin beating faster, your palms begin to sweat.

Alone? Are they crazy!

You look back at Daehyun and see him softly smile, "_____, I was so worried about you."

You try to smile back but don't know what to say in response, you simply ask, "Are you doing okay?"

Daehyun nods, "I'm undergoing one more surgery tomorrow. Doctors said that this should be it." He smiles at you again.

Holy crap his smile.

You nod in response, trying to stay as mutual as possible.

Daehyun looks at you oddly, "____, baby, why are you acting all funny? Sit next to me." He points to the chair next to his bed.

You nervously sit down but avoid looking into his eyes. You feel extremely uncomfortable.

"Baby?" Daehyun grabs hold your hand, "Are you alright?"

You try to think of things to say but fail to come up with any.

Before you know it, you feel an unfamiliar wind on your palm. Turning, you see Daehyun about to kiss it.

You withdraw your hand in panic.

"____, what's wrong? Tell me!" Daehyun becomes frustrated with your behavior.

"I.." you whisper keeping your head down, "I'm not.." you feel tears running down your face, "I'm not ____." You cover your face and run towards the door.

You startle the guys with your abrupt exit and they gasp at the sight of your tears, immediately Emily runs after you.

Who am I? Who am I really now?