I Remember

I Remember

 

Daehyun arrives at your house at exactly seven, just as he promised earlier. He greets you with a bright smile.

"You look beautiful tonight," he compliments.

You blush hard, "When do you not call me beautiful?" 

He simply chuckles and leads you to his car.

You enter the car and turn to view his face, "So, you can drive now..."

He answers as he starts to drive, "Yeah, you could say that I'm officially back to normal now."

"That's good to know."

He turns to you for a split second and smiles, "It definitely is."

 

You two end up at a Thai Restaurant, a purely elegant place with romance written all over its walls. You examine the beautiful table settings as you sit at the table.

"This place is really special for us," Daehyun says as he sits across.

You look at him, a bit baffled.

"We had our very first date here," he winks.

Your face flushes, you're embarrassed to say that you didn't know that.

"It's okay," Daehyun reassures, "I didn't expect you to remember, I just wanted to let you know."

You sip your tea slowly as you watch Daehyun look into the menu, you love the way his eyebrows wrinkle when he's concentrating.

The waitress comes over and asks if you're ready to order and you blush as you hurriedly search through the menu. But Daehyun beats you to it.

"I'll take the Tom Kha Gai and she'll take Pad Thai, please."

You look up at him as he hands his menu to the waitress, "I ordered your usual," he mouths.

You smile and hand your menu to the waitress as well, "Thanks."

 

The two of you engage in conversation quite easily, because Daehyun is more of a talker and you're more of a listener. You listen to his stories about his hyungs. He even talks about the company thinking of having B.A.P make a comeback within the next few months. You nod and smile as you listen.

Eventually, he realizes that he's overdoing it.

"Sorry," he apologizes, "I should be asking about you instead."

You shake your head, "No, I like it when you talk."

"Hyungs always tell me that I talk too much..."

"I love that about you, though," you smile.

You see him blush a bit, "No, seriously, talk," he smiles.

You sarcastically sigh, "Alright, what should I talk about?"

"How are you feeling?"

His question hits you a bit hard, 'cause you know what he's really asking.

"I'm feeling much better, thanks for asking. But I haven't been improving apparently so I'm probably having a MRI done in a couple of weeks."

He purses his lips, "An MRI? Why?"

"They.." you bite your lip and look away, "They don't see any chance of my memory coming back anytime soon."

He swallows a mouthful of air before answering. He opens his mouth to say something, but then the waitress returns with the food.

Wow. Really.

Daehyun thanks the waitress as she puts your meal out in front of you. You nod your thanks as well.

Daehyun immediately begins to start eating but just you sit there quietly.

"What's wrong?" you hear the worrying in his voice as he asks.

You shake your head in silence.

He leans forward, his face just inches away from you. He whispers, "Please eat. If you want something else, then just order it. It's fine. But I can't bear to watch you sit there hungry."

You give a small smile and kiss his cheek, "Thanks."

 

 

The rest of the night is enjoyed by both of you. You two continue to talk about each other and thank the waitress for bringing out such fantastic food. Daehyun takes the bill and you protest but he insists on paying himself. "You can pay me back later," he winks.