I Remember

I Remember

 

You can't seem to fall asleep as easily as you hope. You roll in bed from one side to another, your mind's scrambling with dozens of thoughts, you can't control the emotions piling in your body.

Aish, come on, just fall asleep. We'll deal with this tomorrow, you consistently tell yourself. But your mind won't give in to sleep, you simply lay there thinking of Daehyun.

 

You wake up that morning to the sound of someone singing. Recognizing immediately the voice of the person singing, you rub your eyes awake and jump out of bed. You peek over to your clock as you wash yourself up, taking note that it's already ten in the morning.

Running down silently, you peek into the living room, finding Daehyun practicing his vocals with his back turned to you.

You step slowly towards him but the wooden panel beneath you creeks under your weight, Daehyun turns around in surprise and smiles at your sight.

"Morning," he greets.

You nervously smile back, "Good morning,"

"You look tired," he points out the bags under your eyes.

You cover your face in embarrassment, "I'm fine."

He walks over and pulls your hands away from your face, he holds your wrists gently and smiles, "I said that you look tired, not cover your face."

You bite down your lip, shying your face away from his.

He pecks your cheek suddenly, a small, quick peck that tenses your body. He lets go of your wrists right after and starts walking off towards the kitchen.

"Bang said that he's coming at about two, meaning that I should make us something to eat until then," he smiles brightly.

You nod in response.

"Waffles, right?" he asks.

"Heh?" you look at him wide-eyed, "How did you.."

He laughs loudly, "You always love waffles for breakfast," he explains as he begins to prepare, "I also know that you love chocolate chips in yours..."

You smile, touched greatly, "Thanks, I'd love that."

"I know you would," he winks, "That's why I'm making it, isn't it?"

 

After you help Daehyun pour the mix into the waffle maker, you jog upstairs to change for the party.

"Yah!" Daehyun calls after you, "Where do you think you're sneaking off to?"

"I'm just going to get dressed," you roll your eyes laughing.

 

As you pick out a red, knee length dress and a thin black belt, you hum happily to 2NE1's 'I Love You'.

Then you notice the door opening.

"Yah!" you yell as you see Daehyun entering your bedroom casually.

"What's wrong?" he acts like he doesn't know what the problem is.

You cross your arms across your chest, pretending to be mad.

He holds his hands up in surrender, "Aish. Alright, I should have knocked, I'm sorry," he half-apologizes.

"You should be sorry," you stick you tongue out.

"Yah!" he defends himself, "It's not like your clothes were off yet or something!"

"They could have been!" she argue back.

Daehyun chuckles and looks away.

"What!"

"Oh, nothing," he replies simply. But by looking at the expression on your face, he decides to explain, "Okay, so I just remembered a time where this situation happened.." his voice trails off.

You look at him curiously, "I don't understand-"

"You were in the middle of actually changing that time," he smirks.

"Well then," you shake your head in disbelief, regretting that you even asked.

"Yah!" Daehyun interjects, "I didn't see anything! I swear!" He throws his hands up in the air explaining, "You threw your clothes at my face once I entered and yelled at me to turn around,"

You can't help but laugh at the story; trying to imagine the scene in your mind, you end up laughing even harder.

He chuckles, knowing that you've somewhat forgiven him now, "You might be laughing now but you were actually pretty upset when it happened."

"Really?" you wonder out loud, "What did you do for me to stop being mad?"

He grins at your question, "Oh, it wasn't hard. I did some aegyo for you and you couldn't stay mad at me any longer." He blows his cheeks up and pokes his cheeks with his fingers.

You laugh, "Oh okay, I see,"

He smiles and continues his aegyo for you, you laugh at his adorableness.

"Okay now," you slowly push him out your bedroom, "Continue your show out here while I change," you shut your door with him standing in the hallway.

"Yah!" he playfully pounds the door in protest.