I Remember

I Remember

 

You take a deep breath before starting down the stairs. You hear your footsteps echo down into the living room where you find Emily and Bang sitting together on the couch, you notice how close their legs are touching and see their fingers intertwined.

Are they going out or something?  You question.

Emily notices you first, "_____! You're down!" She jumps down and rushes to your side, opening for a hug.

You hug her back and twitch a small pathetic smile.

"Awh, c'mon." Bang says in his husky voice, he walks up to you two, "That's not the ___ that I remember."

He opens up for a hug to you too, and you nervously accept it, avoiding all awkwardness. You notice Emily's cheerful smile still on her face.

Doesn't she care that I'm hugging her [probably] boyfriend? You shake your head in disbelief as you move away from Bang.

Emily jumps toward your side and grabs your arm, "What should we do? Shop? Go to movies? Visit the members?"

Gosh, you say to yourself, Is she always this pushy? You smile at her enthusiasm.

Bang smiles at her, "How about we go to see the members, Zelo called earlier, he wanted to know how ___ was doing." He goes over to grab your coat off of the chair and hands it to you.

You nod and follow them to the car.

 

You don't know how to explain it.

You can't bring yourself to get into Bang's car for some reason. After walking towards it, you feel your mind screaming at you to walk away. You shake away and begin to cry.

"___! What happened! Oh my gosh, ___!" Emily tries to soothe your tears.

Bang rushes out of the car. He scratches his head in thought, "I think that she's still traumatized with cars." He whispers into Emily's ear.

Emily nods in agreement and helps you back into your house.

 

"Sorry, ___! We didn't know!" Emily apologizes as she hands you a box of tissues.

You nod and cough out, "It's okay, it's my fault."

Bang sits a respectful distance away from you and looks at you saying, "No, it's not. Stop apologizing. It's not a big deal. I'll just call Zelo to have everyone come here." He smiles at Emily about his idea.

Emily smiles in agreement, "Oh but Bang! You should call Channie instead. You know how upset he gets when you call Zelo and not him," she shakes her head playfully, "Men."

You try to laugh at her words like how Bang did, but you don't understand the joke.

Who's Channie and who's Zelo? That's all you want to ask.

 

 

Within an hour, you are changed into new clothes. You are wearing sweats and a sweatshirt, "Just stay in your comfort zone." you recall Emily telling you.

The doorbell rang, and Bang jogs to answer it, through the door appears four guys.

"_____-nuna!!" A young boy runs towards you with a hug.

You appear startled at his sudden close contact but try to embrace the child with a smile. He looks up at you and answers your question by saying, "___, it's me, Zelo." He winks.

Bang runs after him, "Yah! Give her some space!!" He teasingly slaps Zelo. Zelo snickers and begins doing aegyo to Bang as he runs away.

You can't help but start to laugh, cause, when was the last time you've seen a teenage boy doing aegyo?

Your laughing must have been louder than you thought 'cause Zelo and Bang, along with the rest of the members suddenly look at you. You stop your laughing in confusion and immediately begin to blush.

Emily breaks the silence, "____, that's the first time I've seen you smile- or even laugh in weeks!" She smiles and hugs you in happiness.

You smile at her gentleness, and soon before you even knew it, the rest of the guys begin doing aegyo, causing you to laugh uncontrollably.