I Remember

I Remember

 

After another long day of school, you go into the library. Glad that it's practically empty, you sit at a nearby computer and open up your email. There's about thirteen new emails in your inbox, all from an address unfamiliar to you, you open one curiously.

It has one short, straightforward sentence.

", you're going straight to hell."

You bring your hand to your mouth, startled at the words. You look at the address, seeing that it's completely unfamiliar to you; you try to think of who would say this to you. You feel your breath quicken. Clicking on the others, you see that each and every email is the same. 

With that one sentence.

Without thinking, you quickly delete the emails.

 

You spend the next hours in the library pretending to be doing homework, when you're really thinking about the emails and who the person behind it could be. You can't imagine why someone would put such hatred towards you, you always try to be kind and polite to the people around you, why would anything hate you like this?

"I should call the police," you tell yourself. But then you realize that you've deleted the emails, meaning that you have no proof. Slapping yourself in the face for being so stupid, you note to keep the evidence next time this happens, if it were to happen again.

Hopefully it won't, though.

 

By the time that you start cleaning up your books that night, it's already passed eleven at night. You curse at the time and grab your phone; seeing that there's two missed calls from Emily, you quickly call her back.

"___, I was so worried," she answers within the first ring.

You scratch your head as you reply, "I'm really sorry, I've been at the library and completely forgot to tell you."

"Are you almost finished? I'll come get you-"

"Not now," you cut her off, "I wanted to stop by the convenience store real quick before heading back."

"Aish, it's getting really late, I don't want you to be out so late," she immediately interjects.

"It's really okay, it'll be quick. Just come get me at FamilyMart in like... Give me like ten minutes there."

"Okay, fine," she sighs, "I'll meet you there."

You smile, "Thanks Em."

"No problem, but just be careful, okay?"

Nodding, you reply, "Yeah, I will."

 

Once you step foot out of the library, you understand why Emily was in "Super-Umma" mode earlier.

It was really dark. Like, you understand that it's night and all, but there is hardly any light on the streets. The darkness completely conquers the streets, you can hardly see ahead. You start speed walking towards FamilyMart, knowing that it's only two blocks away.

After one block of walking, you hear the sound of car coming closer to you. Thinking that it's Emily, you turn around with hope. But then you realize that it's not her car, you frown and quickly turn away.

Then a voice booms from behind, "Hey you!"

You turn around, not being able to see anyone.

"Over here, silly!" You hear another voice from the opposite direction.

You turn around again, still not being able to see anyone.

Squinting your eyes, trying to find the person, you turn and see a young man in front; you gasp at your sight.

He gives off a smile, "Hey, what's a pretty girl like you doing out here alone?"

You look down and shrug, trying to be as polite as possible, you walk off but he grabs your wrist, stopping you.

"No, c'mon, you're better than that. I'm just trying to be nice," he huskily mutters close to your ear.

You feel shivers go down your spine, the smell of alcohol reeks from him. You bite down on your lip and throw his grip off of you.

Before you could even take another step away, a second guy runs up in front of you.

"Why you being such a ?" he smiles as he steps towards you.

You feel your breath taken away.

. Just as the email called you.

You shake your head, No, it can't be them. You don't know these people.

 

As you're deep in thought, a hand snakes around your waist, pulling you in close, you see it being the first guy again. He snickers at you before whispering with his alcoholic breath, ", you're going straight to hell."

Your eyes widen at the realization.

He laughs at your reaction, "I guess that you saw our wonderful emails, I'm assuming?"

He inches closer to your face, his hand tightening around your waist. You slap him off and start running, but are pulled back by their grasps.

"Get off!" you yell loudly, hoping that someone would hear.

"You're not very pretty on the inside, it seems," the guys mutter. You feel their hands firmly tugging on your shoulders. You try all your best to pull them off, but it's really no use. Two guys are much stronger than one girl. Their grips tighten painfully around you.

"Help!" you yell as loudly as possible, "Please! Some-" but you're cut off by a hand. The hand covers your mouth and drops some small tablets down. You choke and try to spit it out but before you know it, it dissolves down your throat.

After a bit of choking, you feel dizziness conquer you.

You feel yourself loosing balance and slowly falling.

And everything turns black.