I Remember

I Remember

 

"Hey, are you doing any better?" Emily enters your bedroom with a coffee mug.

You nod and take the mug, muttering a thanks as you begin to sip.

Emily sits on the chair next to your bed, she frowns, "_____, I honestly think that you should call him back. He's been calling all night."

You shake your head no.

"I don't want to," you sniff.

Emily holds your hand gently, "Please. For not only him, but for me? Just call him. Please. Work some things out?"

You sigh, not knowing what to say, you whisper, "Okay. I'll... I'll try."

Emily smiles softly and gets up, she heads for your bedroom door, "Thank you," she whispers as she walks out.

 

You rethink the previous evening before calling him, remembering the look on his face, you bite your lip.

You're afraid to even see him anymore. Your heart aches more than usual, you just can't figure out why.

You pick up your phone to call him, finding that you've missed about twenty calls and five texts.

 

Sighing, you go through them. All the calls were from Daehyun. Oh great, you tell yourself.

The texts, the first two are from Darren, asking if you're okay, the three are from Daehyun. You read through them, one by one.

The first one, "____, I'm really, really sorry. Please just answer my calls."

The second one, "I know that you're upset and I'm so sorry. I want to sort things out. I really do."

The third one, "____, I guess that you're not going to answer me anytime soon. I'm just really sorry. I downright hate myself for hurting you. I won't bother you anymore. Baby, I love you, there's better men out there in the world who can take better care of you. I'm sorryI love you."

 

The last one strikes you, you feel your heart bursting with emotions. You reread it over and over, feeling your eyes water.

Is this a break up message?