I Remember

I Remember

 

It's almost been six whole months since you finally made up with Daehyun.

Everything is finally back to normal and you're more than happy to be with Daehyun again.

Tonight is a special one; TS Entertainment is celebrating the engagement of Bang and Emily on a beautiful ship, much similar to the one used in B.A.P's One Shot Music Video. You're beyond happy for them, knowing Bang and Emily for so long, you know that they're perfect for each other. Emily even promised you that you can be the Maid of Honor at the wedding.

Emily and Bang happily greet you and Daehyun at the table. You and Daehyun stand to congratulate them on their engagement with warm hugs. You smile at the sight of Emily, she looks absolutely gorgeous. Her dress is one sleeved and a clean color of blue. She looks amazing, and you make sure to tell her that.

She blushes at your compliment, "Thank you! ____-chan, you look amazing yourself!"

You feel yourself smile. You're wearing a strapless light orange mini-dress, a dress that gladly doesn't make you stand out too much. You have to admit though, you feel pretty just wearing it.

As Bang and Emily head off to the other end of the room to go greet more people, you and Daehyun sit back down at the table and soon see the rest of the members coming towards the table.

Zelo happily runs over with full energy, "Eonnie! What do you think of my suit?" he happily poses for you.

You laugh as you pat his head, "I think that it looks very good on you, Zelo."

Jongup follows with small smile.

"Yah, I can't believe it's already happened," he says, referring to the newly engaged.

Himchan smirks as he points at you and Daehyun, "Next time, before we know it, you two would be engaged as well."

You feel yourself turn red and see that Daehyun blushing himself.

The four of them laugh, "You two are so cute together, did you guys know that?"

Daehyun toughens and quickly wraps his arm around you, pulling you into him close.

"Yeah, we did actually know that," he answers the guys with a grin.

You bite your lip and turn even redder now, you see Daehyun taking a look at your lips and unwillingly pulling his face away. You bite your lip in confusion.

Once the four of them look away, Daehyun pecks your lips, too quick for you to even notice at first. You feel yourself smiling as you take hold of his hand and squeeze it tightly. You feel him squeezing yours back.

 

The dinner goes by eloquently, you enjoy it very much. Not to mention, the meal is beyond spectacular. Not only for you, but for the others as well. They have bowls of cherry tomatoes just for Zelo to munch on, and cheesecake for dessert, which your boyfriend is beyond happy about.

After dinner and some fun games, Emily calls out for all couples to come out onto the floor to dance. Being as shy as you always are, you shake your head no, but Emily gladly announces a special invitation for you and Daehyun to come up and join the others.

Up on the dance floor, they play a slow-paced song, a song that gently rings to you.

It's I Remember, that favorite song of yours.

You see Bang and Daehyun grinning at each other and Emily smiling brightly at you. They all know that this is your favorite song, so they played it for you. You smile are their consideration, truly touched to be blessed with such friends.

Daehyun holds your waist carefully as he rocks you to the song. You hear him humming the song as it plays, you smile and whisper into his ear, "Sing it aloud for me?"

You see him grinning but continues to only hum. You pout at him but he laughs it off.

Once the song finishes off, you start back towards the table but Daehyun surprises you by pulling you away. He leads you out of the party room and out to the deck. It's completely empty of people, making it just the two of you and the cool salty breeze.

"Yah!" you playfully smack him, "We should be in there!"

"Oh just wait!" he laughs at your stubbornness, "I'm going to sing for you!"

You feel your expression change dramatically, "Really?" you smile brightly.

He nods as he takes a deep breath before starting, "Even if I close my eyes, I still see us. There’s still a light there. I’ll deeply retain the times we had together. Even if pain comes over time, the promise I made for the rest of my life, I won’t ever forget that moment until the end. I remember."

You feel yourself smile softly at the sound of his voice, you've always loved his singing and this song never gets old for you.

"Thank you," you wrap your arms around his neck, "I loved it."

You feel his snaking his arms around your waist.

"You're welcome," he breathes.

As you unwind yourself off of him, he pulls you out to face the waters. He holds you carefully, to support you as you look out into the distance.

 

Then a bright light from a nearby lighthouse comes at your way. The light flashes into your face, startling you greatly. You lose balance and feel your knees buckling as you stumble onto Daehyun. As Daehyun tries to bring you back onto your feet, you feel your mind screaming, with a rush of blood pushing it's way in your head.

Before you could say anything, your mind flashes back memories. The action is instant and before you know it, you remember everything. Your family, your friends, even Daehyun; all of it comes clear to you now.  You know remember absolutely everything.

You feel Daehyun tightening his grip with panic as he worries, "____? Are you okay? ____?"

You look straight into his eyes, now remembering every detail of your relationship once again.

"Daehyun," you smile, "I remember."