I Remember

I Remember

 

You look over and over at the photo album, you trace the pictures of yourself and the guy many times.

You shake your head in frustration, Why can't I remember him?

It has been a couple of weeks since that horrific car crash. You were told of this, of course, because you are currently suffering from Amnesia, that condition where you cannot remember anything; in some cases, temporarily, and others, permanently.

You were told by your parents of what happened, you were supposedly riding the car with your boyfriend, Daehyun, his best friend, Bang Yongguk, and your best friend, Emily. The four of you were simply driving to the theatres together, to watch a movie. But then, a truck driver ran a red light and crashed into you guys. Bang and Emily made it out easily, for they were sitting in the back together, but you and Daehyun faced serious problems. Daehyun, who was driving, was hit; you don't know how severly or anything but you have been told that he has been in critical condition since that evening.

You were able to make it out safely as well, facing a minor injury because Bang helped you. Your reason for Amnesia wasn't because of your injury, but for the fact that you were traumatized.

Now you are in your room, looking at the selcas you and Daehyun took together, trying so hard to remember your boyfriend, even the slightest bit.

"Aish, what the hell is wrong with me?" You run your fingers through your head, feeling tears of frustration coming out. I can't even remember my friends or family. Why? 

Soon enough, you heard a knock on your door. You hastily wipe your tears with your palms, "Come in."

The door creeks open, you see brown, pink highlighted hair, it's Emily. The girl who's supposedly your best friend.

"_____," she forces a tight smile, "How are you feeling?" She tries hard not to notice your remaining tears.

"Fine." you whisper and continue examining the albums.

Emily comes to sit next to you on your bed, "I know it's stupid of me to ask you this but, do you remember anything?"

You shake your head, tears streaming down painfully.

Emily's face falls, "It's okay, ____. You'll get there! I know it." She gives you a small hug.

Even though she's still a stranger to you now, you couldn't help but to accept the hug, you sniffle out a thanks.

"No problem," she gets up and heads to the door, "I'm going to be with Bang downstairs, okay? Come down when you get the chance?" She closes the door.

You wipe your tears and get up towards your wall mirror, you fix your thick black silky hair and rub your two charcoal eyes.

"Today," you whisper, "I'm going to remember."