I Remember

I Remember

 

It's been about three weeks since that amazing weekend with Daehyun, and a lot has happened since. B.A.P has finally released their comeback One Shot, causing fans (including you and Emily) to be freaking out, this song is probably the best comeback in Kpop History yet.

And you finally decided to go back to school. It's a school specialized in music, giving you the chance to pursuit the field you love the most.

You dress into a flawless dress and carefully put on some make up. Tonight, Daehyun is planning on taking you out for dinner, and you are more than excited to finally catch up with him again.

Your phone rings, seeing that it's from Daehyun, you smile brightly.

"Hey, I'm super excited for tonight!" you answer the phone.

You hear him take a deep sigh at the other end of the line, your heart sinks a bit.

"Daehyun? Honey, what happened? Is everything okay?"

You hear him choking out his words, one by one, "____, I'm so...so sorry. But I have to cancel tonight."

You feel a piece of you break, "It's... It's okay. Um... Is everything okay?"

"Himchan," Daehyun speaks softly, "Himchan's undergoing surgery right now."

You feel your heart hit your rib cage with shock, "Why! Daehyun, what happened?"

"He slipped. As he was getting into the van, he slipped. And it was on his hand."

You feel your breath quicken, "How bad is it?"

"He broke about two of his fingers and something about it needed immediate surgery." You hear Daehyun tearing up on the other end of the line.

You picture Channie laying on a hospital bed, wearing white and crying softly by himself. You feel yourself tearing up.

"Listen, ____," Daehyun whispers, "I don't want you to be worrying. And I'm really sorry about dinner."

You shake your head, "No, it's fine. I understand. Please, please stay by Himchan's side."

"Alright. Thank you, ___. I'll call you when I find out more."

You choke out, "Okay."

Hanging up the phone, you fall flat on top of your bed.

You and Emily talk that night during dinner about the accident. Emily seems to have heard the same story from Bang.

"He slipped and fell on his hand," Emily retells, "He definitely broke his pinky and ring finger on his right hand. The surgery he underwent isn't serious, but was necessary, apparently."

You nod and chew on your dinner, Emily continues, "He can't do the One Shot promotions anymore. He's stepping back from work for a few months."

You nearly choke on your food, "A few months!?"

She nods sadly, "It takes months to recover, it seems. Don't worry, he'll still pop back for the concerts for sure but other than that..." her voice trails off.

You stare down at your food. You really do like Channie; there's no reason to not like him. He's always so kind and supportive of everyone, and you always appreciate him putting on his jokes and smiles. You hate to know that he's undergoing this situation.

"Is he... okay though?" you ask Emily quietly.

Emily shrugs, "He's pretty upset, according to Bang."

You nod in understanding. You can picture Channie sadly cursing himself for slipping in the first place.