I Remember

I Remember

[POV: Daehyun]

 

I continue throwing the papers in the air furiously.

"Daehyun! Stop it!" I hear Bang yelling at me.

I yell out as I run over to the wall, banging it angrily with my fist. I ignore Bang's yelling as I continue hitting the wall as hard as I can.

"Hyung! Cut it out!" I feel Jongup pulling me away, trying to settle me down. I shake off his grip.

"Leave me the  alone!" I pull my arm back, ready to throw a fist him. I'm cut off by two sets of arms; I feel them behind me, struggling to pull me away. No matter how hard I try, I can't win against two guys like this. My energy level dies down at an incredible pace and slowly eases off. I sit on the couch, across from Bang.

"Daehyun, you have to control yourself. This is too much, you can't just continue throwing yourself like this," Bang sternly begins lecturing me. 

I roll my eyes at his words.

Youngjae sits down beside me, a worried look on his face.

"Hyung, we're really worried," he frowns, "It's been months and yet still you're drinking uncontrollably, getting drunk, throwing fists at everyone you bump into... Hyung, you have to stop before this gets published."

Zelo nods, "It could really disrupt your reputation, Hyung. The company might even take you out."

I turn away, trying to ignore their words, feeling hurt. I know that they're right, and that I'm becoming a burden at this point, but I can't bring myself to admit it.

"Daehyun," Bang leans forward, speaking quietly, "We all understand that this is a rough time for you, if you want, you could talk to boss about taking a break from work."

I turn to him with wide eyes.

"What? No!" I shake my head in disagreement, "Thank you all for everything and sorry for the burden but I know that I can't just leave like this! Without Himchan especially, how could I just..."

 Bang frowns, "Don't you want to even consider-"

I quickly snap, "No, I'm still in.'

"Hyung," Youngjae interjects, "We're just really worried about you. Please consider taking a short break."

I shake my head without a second thought, "It's fine, I'm fine. I'll get over her eventually."