I Remember

I Remember

 

You bring blankets to set the couch for Daehyun as he washes up, you search for a pillow to bring but can't find one. You consider giving him one of your many pillows on your bed but feel embarrassed to do so.

He opens the bathroom door as he finishes, the light shining its way into the room. You fix up the blankets one last time.

"No pillow, heh?" he jokes as he sees the couch.

"Sorry," you start off, feeling apologetic.

"No, don't be," he interjects with a smile that flips your heart, "Thank you for the blankets."

"You're welcome," you shyly smile, "I actually could give you one of my pillows, if it's okay with you."

He grins, "Of course I'm okay with that."

 

As you skip up to your bedroom, you feel his presence behind you. Your heart flips involuntarily.

My room is such a mess, aish, so embarrassing.

"Sorry.. it's a mess, I know," you apologize.

"No, it's not, really. If only you remember how my room looks like," he chuckles, "My room is far worse."

"I doubt that."

He laughs, "No, when you first saw it, you started yelling at me to clean it up. That's how bad it is."

"Oh," you blush.

You pick up a pillow off of your bed and get ready to toss it at him but you don't see him at the entrance of your bedroom anymore. He's at your nightstand, looking through the things laid on top.

"Yah!" you stop him, not knowing what he's looking at.

Stepping closer to him, you watch him pick the thing he's been looking at.

It's the photo album of you two.

He continues looking at the album, flipping the pages one by one with sudden interest, you watch him in silence.

When he's finishes, he looks up at you with concerned eyes, "You've been crying while looking at this?"

"Heh?" you're set off track, your mind is scrambling with ways to respond.

"This," he opens a page to you, "Aren't these tear stains?"

You look at it and notice it, your tears were stained on the clear cover sheet of the page.

Embarrassed, you turn away, feeling your eyes tearing up again.

 

You feel his arms come around him warmly, your heart throbs with the sudden closeness.

"I don't want you to be crying while looking at pictures of us," he chokes.

You nod in understanding, "Sorry-"

"Stop apologizing," he cuts you off.

You nod and turn to see his eyes tearing up in pain, causing your tears to flow down your cheeks.

He shakes his head, "I don't want to see you cry," he whispers as he kisses your tears away.