I Remember

I Remember

 

You continue to run, feeling your heart pumping harder and harder, threatening to burst if you don't slow down.

Once you make it far enough, you stop next to a tall, Evergreen Tree where Emily catches up.

"Bang didn't tell Daehyun," she huffs as she catches her breath.

You throw your hands in the air, "I figured that much. I may seem stupid, but I'm not, okay?"

You take out a folded photograph out of your pocket and hand it to Emily, she looks at you in question before taking it.

She unfolds it carefully, "Oh. I remember this," she whispers.

It's a picture of you and Daehyun, your first selca together that you guys took during your very first date. On the corner of the picture, a sentence is written in your own handwriting, I'll love you for eternity, it reads.

"I'm not her anymore, Emily," you refer to the picture in her hand, "No matter what people tell me, I'm no longer that girl in the picture anymore."

Emily stares at you for a second, taking in your words, "No, ____, you are. You may not seem like her right not but we all know that you are," she hugs you, "You're still the beautiful, sweet _____ that everyone loves. I know it."

 

Walking back into the hospital with Emily, you two stop at the door to Daehyun's room. You hear crying from inside.

Emily whispers to you, "That's Daehyun who's crying."

You lean closer towards the door, nodding in response. You can barely make out Daehyun's words through his tears, all you could hear is the word Why.

"Hyung," you hear Daehyun's voice clearing up, "What am I going to do now?"

Bang replies softly, "Dae, she just needs time."

"Hyung! She doesn't love me anymore! What am I supposed to do about that! I was so excited for the surgery tomorrow so I can finally be with her again but now I can't! She doesn't remember me, or even love me anymore! What am I going to do now?"

Your eyes fall to the ground, you feel remorse for him, regardless of the fact that you just officially met him.

All of a sudden, you hear Youngjae yell, "She does love you!"

Silence erupts inside, you and Emily stare at each other.

"I saw it!" Youngjae continues yelling, "I can see it in her eyes!! She still is ___, Dae, that hasn't changed. She still loves you! She just doesn't know it yet!!"

You back away from the door, you can't handle this anymore, you feel your knees buckling beneath, and begin to see black spots taking over your vision, and soon,

everything turns black.