Chapter 2

True Love

 

We were waiting for Leighn's father outside his office. The company was big. It took us twenty minutes until Leighn's father appeared. Thank God. I mean seriously, I didn't get the chance to rest because he called me so urgently. JETLAG. And my feet was still sore.
 
Damn it. I should've changed my shoes with no heels on it. My bad.
 
"Good Morning Mr. Zhang". I bowed 90 degrees. Mr. Zhang smiled at me.
 
"Aigoo. It's been two years since I last saw you haven't I?", he said. I nodded and smiled.
 
Just then,a tall man appeared from the door behind Mr. Zhang. Hmm. He looks familiar. My eyes widened. It was him. The guy I bumped in earlier! Ommo!
 
We stared at each other for about three seconds. He started to let out a cough and looked away. I did the same.
 
"Oh my. This is Lee Ki Sub. The Vice President of Zhang corporation. You'll be working with him starting from now.", Mr. Zhang said.
 
"It's nice to meet you Ms.?", Ki Sub said as he was trying to reach my hand.
 
My heart started racing. I can feel the insides of me burning. Oh no. I can't talk. I didn't move my lips. I was speechless. 
 
He shook his hands with mine. He was looking at my clothes--I think. Was he checking my anatomy? Ommo! I--. I can't breathe. I can feel my face turning hot. Please. Please tell me I'm not blushing. I can't be blushing infront of him. "Ms. Lee Rai Nee (Miss rey-ni).", he said pronouncing my name wrong. Then I realized he was reading my ID.
 
"Oh. It's Rai Nee (ray-ni: like as 'a')", I corrected him.
 
"Then I guess I'll be working with you from now on.", he said amd smiled. Eeek! Don't smile like that. I nodded.
 
"You'll start working on Monday. That'll be the day after tomorrow. I'll expect all of you to be working hard.", Mr Zhang said.
 
"Appa, I want to show Rai Nee around. You won't mind right?", Leighn asked her dad in a cute way.
 
"Of course not. As long as it'll make my princess happy.", Mr Zhang said as he lets go of his daughter's hand.
 
 
They're sweet. A perfect father-and-daughter relationship. Yes, Leighn's father asked her to work for the company, but only as his own secretary. He doesn't want his daughter to be worn out and all. She's the most precious thing in the wrold or him. He really didn't want to make Leighn work but she insisted. And it was her mother who suggested that she must start working so that she'll learn. She wanted the best for her daughter. I am proud to be Leighn's best friend because she's not afraid taking risks. I mean, look, she even decided to live alone in an apartment, but then she felt sad so she called me and asked me a favor to go work with her at the company. Since it's summer, I accepted the offer. Plus, I missed her so much, and I needed extra money. And the work was just temporary. I'll be leaving after 5 months.
 
 
 
 
"Come on!", Leighn said as she pulls me. "Sooooo.... What do you think?", she asked cheerfully.
 
"Hmm? Think about what?", I asked innocently when I actually know what she's talking about.
 
"Oh puh-lease Lee Rai Nee. I know you. I know that you're attracted with the Vice President. I've known you for so long. So yes, I KNOW that you like him!", she said.
 
"Sshhh. Some people might hear you", I whispered. "Let's talk about it at your apartment."
 
She smirked. "I knew it.".
 
I rolled my eyes and playfully bumped my arms around her.
 
*At the apartment*
 
Both of us entered the apartment. As we shut the door closed, both of us started jumping and screaming like retards!
 
"Ommo! Isn't he cute?", Leighn asked me clutching her fingers.
 
"Uh-huh. Ommo! Wait! Remember the guy that we talked about awhile ago?", I asked her.
 
"Oh yah! The guy humming? Or the guy you bumped with?", she asked me with so much confusion in her eyes.
 
"The guy I bumped with. It was him! It was Lee. Ki. Sub.". Both our eyes widened.
 
"Ommo! It's destiny!", Leighn started screaming.
 
Destiny huh? Is this it? The one that I've been searching for? My true love?