Chapter 12

True Love

You were finally discharged from the hospital. Leighn was worried like hell. She wanted to go to the hospital last night but Mr. Zhang wanted her to stay at their house for the night because he wasn't feeling well.

 

Kiseop texted you that he won't be able to pick you up from the hospital but he'll go to your apartment later so you decided to go home alone.

You went outside. It was raining. You slapped yourself mentally for not buying the umbrella you saw awhile ago when a vendor passed by selling umbrellas and other stuff.

"Great. The bus stop is still six blocks away.", you thought to yourself.

 

Just then, you saw a familiar figure. You squinted your eyes to see it clearly. Your eyes widened.

 

 

IS THAT KRIS?!!!!

 

He saw you and smirked. He approached you.

"Finally someone to tease.", Kris thought to himself.

"We meet again Lee. Rai. Nee.", he said.

You rolled your eyes and pretended that you haven't seen him or heard anything.

"Hey, Rai Nee.", he said.

"Rai Nee. Isn't it raining?", he keep on teasing you.

You rolled your eyes for the nth time.

"Rai Nee. Rai-ninggggg. Get it?", he said and keep on teasing you.

You were getting tired with him. You glared at him.

"What the hell is your problem?!!", you said still glaring at his mesmerizing eyes.

"GOTCHA", Kris said in his mind.

"Were you about to go home?", he asked with his face serious now.

You wanted to ignore him but you did otherwise. You nodded.

The wind blew hard and you rubbed your arms and shivered from the coldness.

Suddenly you felt something on your shoulders.

Kris put his jacket on your shoulders. Your eyes widened. His hands brushed against your shoulders which sent electricity on your spine.

"There, feel better now?", Kris asked. You nodded and looked down to hide your red face. Suddenly it's not so cold anymore.

There was an awkward silence. Both of you were feeling the awkwardness in the air.

"Ahm---", you both said at the same time. You smiled and gave him a nod.

Kris cleared his throat. "What were you doing at the hospital?", he asked.

You shrugged.

"I was rushed here last night because of my allergy. I ate something with shrimp.", you plainly said.

Kris gave you a "Hmmm." as a reply.

"What about you? What were you doing here?", you asked and stared at him. You noticed that he changed his hair.

 

"Do you want to go home?", he asked. You were too busy fixing your things to notice him changing the topic.

"Yeah. It's getting late anyways. I'd better text Kiseop that I won't be able to see him today. I'm dead tired.", you said and brought out your phone.

 Kris looked at you and stared at his feet.

You finished texting Kiseop and you looked at Kris."Were you about to go home?", you asked.

He nodded. "Are you going to the bus stop?", he asked you.

You gave him a nod. He opened his umbrella and put it under his head and your head.

"I'm off to the bus stop too. Come on.", he smiled at you. You gave him a smile.

It was weird for two people who used to fight always to be like this.

The two of you were sharing the same umbrella. You two were walking under the rain. There was silence but it wasn't an awkward one.

 

The two of you finally reached the bus stop. Your bus came.

"My bus is here. I'll go home now. Thank you.", you told him and you gave him a wave.

He smiled at you and said, "Bye. Hope we'll see each other again." Then he waved at you leaving you surprised.

 

You opened the door and saw Leighn cooking dinner.

"Rai Nee? OhmyGod Rai Nee! You got me worried sick!", Leighn shouted.

"I--", you said and Leighn hugged you cutting you off.

"Are you feeling okay now?", she asked. You nodded.

"What the hell is this?! Did you buy groceries? WHYYYYY?!! You just went out from the hospital.", Leighn said.

While Leighn was busy nagging you like she's your mother you went upstairs to go to your room leaving her shouting alone downstairs.

 

 

While Leighn and you were eating dinner, Leighn said smiling, "It's Yixing's birthday on Saturday."

You looked at him and she stared at you. You raised your brow and she covered her face with her hands. You laughed with her actions.

"What shall I give him?", she said while burying her face with her hands.

"Choose anything. I'm sure he'll love anything that you get for him.", you said smiling.

"You think so?", she asked peeking from her fingers to look at you. You nodded and ruffled her hair.

Leighn, you're such a baby when it comes to Lay.

 

You went upstairs and brought out your phone.

Kiseop sent you a message.

Hey go to sleep alright? I don't want you to get tired. -Kiseop

You don't want me to get tired? Then give me less work to do Boss. :P -You

That's just what I'm about to do. I'll be on a business trip tomorrow. I'll be in Thailand for 8 days. You'll be alright without me right? -Kiseop

Psssh. Yeah right. Do you really think that I'm not gonna be alright without you. -You

Of course. :P -Kiseop

Whatever. -__-   -You

So take care of yourself okay? Good night. :) -Kiseop

Goodnight. :) -You

 

Really now Kiseop? 8 days? WHAT? Ugh.

 

After 20 minutes. Your phone beeped.

When I come back, I promise I'll spend some time with you okay? I'll hug you tight and hold your hand like there's no tomorrow. Goodnight. I LOVE YOU. :) -Kiseop

 

You tried hiding your feels but failed. You burried yourself in your pillow and let out a shout and you kicked both your feet. Your chheks were burning. You were blushing.

 

You sleep peacefully that night.