Chapter 13

True Love

You woke up annoyed and realized that you won't be working for eight days. But what annoyed you the most was not seeing Kiseop for eight consecutive days.

You stretched your arms and finally decided to get up from your bed. After fixing your bed, your door opened. Leighn rushed to your bed and jumped on it.

 

"Hey! I just finished fixing my bed.", you told her.

She groaned and kicked both her feet. She was burying herself in your bed.

"What now?", you asked getting annoyed.

"Help me please!", Leighn faced you and asked you to come with her to the mall.

"Please Rai Nee. Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaase. Pretty please.", she begged. It was hard for you to resist Leighn so you rolled your eyes and said "Fine."

 

When the two of you were walking you saw an umbrella and you bought it remembering waht happened yesterday. You caught yourself smiling. Just then you came back to reality, realizing that you were thinking about Kris and not Kiseop.

Kiseop crossed your mind and you decided to text him, but before you can even text him he sent you a message saying,

 

"I miss you Rai Nee. I wish you were here with me today. I wonder why my secretary girlfriend was not allowed to go with me. Cruel Mr Zhang. -Kiseop

 

You smiled and found yourself blushing.

 

FIVE MORE DAYS. ENDURE IT RAI NEE.

 

"Hey Rai Nee! How about I bought him this?", Leighn picked a purple headphones.

You shrugged. "I'm sure he'll like whatever you give him.", you replied.

"But I don't want to buy him something that he likes, I want to buy him something he'll love.", Leighn pouted.

You rolled your eyes. While Leighn was busy picking up the perect gift, you were admiring the beauty of a necklace you saw. It has an infinity sign on it and it was silver.

 

After 3 hours of wandering around that same shop you were into, Leighn just decided to buy the purple headphones.

You pulled her hair lightly and told her, "Really? Really now? After 3 hours? That's just waht you're gonna get him?", you groaned and rolled your eyes but you ended up laughing.

 

"So, will there be a party?", you asked.

"Of course! And you're invited.", Leighn beamed.

"Where?", you asked.

"At Yixing's place of course.", she said.

 

You told Leighn that you'll be out for a bit so she decided to go home alone.

You were walking at a park and you saw Kris walking with his pet, dog.

He saw you and he approached you. "Hi.", he simply said.

You shrugged in reply.

"I didn't know you like dogs.", you said staring at his pet.

"Well, you never asked.", he said. "Wanna take a walk?", he asked you.

"Sure. A walk with you wouldn't hurt anyway.", you said.

"What does that supposed to mean?", he asked. You rolled your eyes and cotinued walking. Kris followed behind you.

You saw a Chinese restaurant and you were really hungry. And you missed Chinese food that much. Kris saw you staring at the restaurant.

"Do you want to eat?", he casually asked.

You were about to say YES when you realized that you left your money at the aparment. You only brought your money enough for you to go home.

You just simply shook your head and said, "Nah. I'm not hungry anyways."

Right after you said that, your stomach growled. It was loud enough for Kris to hear.

Kris raised his brow. "Not hungry huh?".  You rolled your eyes. "Whatever", you told him.

He chuckled and said, "Don't worry, my treat."

"I'll pay you. Promise.", you said.

"You don't have to.", he said.

"But--", you insisted and you weere cut off when Kris passed by you and was about to enter the restaurant.

Kris opened the door and looked at you, "Are you coming or what?", he asked.

You hurriedly went inside the restaurant and was welcomed with the heavenly scent of the food.

Your jaw dropped in awe.

Kris saw your very surprised look and thought to himself, "It might be her first time in a Chinese restaurant."

 

You were lead to a table. Then a waitress on a red chinese outfit approached your table.

 

Red- CHINESE

"May I take your order.", the waitress asked.

You were about to say your order when you heard Kris say, "Two orders of Kung Pao Chicken please. And two noodles, and please make sure that the other one doesn't have shrimp on it. This crazy lady beside me is allergic to them."

You glared at him. Did he just call me a crazy lady? Ugh!

"My my, you sweet looking couple. Your girlfriend here is really pretty.", the waitress said.

Your eyes widened. Kris laughed and said, "Of course. Of course. Whatever you say. But she's not my girlfriend. She's not my type. But I do like her though. But she's really carzy you know."

The waitress laughed. She nodded and left with their orders.

"Is it your first time eating on a Chinese restaurant?", Kris asked not knowing that you're actually from China.

You smirked and said, "No. I always eat at Chinese restaurants especially when I'm in China."

Kris's eyes widened. "You know Chinese?" you nodded. "And you're from China?", he asked still surprised.

"Well, you never asked.", you said.

 

SATURDAY

 

At Yixing's place.

Leighn and you came to Lay's place early because you were the ones to fix all the stuff for Lay's birthday.

Yixing was not yet home because he was with the boys and they bought some more food.

After 45 minutes of preparing all the stuff, you and Leighn decided to sit on the couch.

 

Just then, you heard noises coming from outside.

"They're here.", Leighn clapped her hands.

You saw Tao, Luhan, Xiumin, the birthday guy himself, Chen and Kris.

Tao was still childish as always. Luhan was sipping his bubbletea. You laughed when you saw Luhan glared at Chen because he stole Luhan's bubbletea. Xiumin was fast like a ninja and went to the kitchen. Kris was just standing. Lay approached Leighn and kissed her cheeks.

 

"Happy birthday Lay!", Leighn shouted and gave him his present.

"You didn't have to.", Lay said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"But I want to.", Leighn smiled at Lay.

You approached Lay and greeted him a happy birthday. He smiled at you.

 

While all of them were busy talking with each other, you received a message from Kiseop.

 

I know you'll be angry. You have every right to be angry. Mr Zhang told me that I have to stay here until our clients approve our proposal. I'm afraid it might take long. I'm sorry. -Kiseop

You pouted after reading the message. You felt sad.

Long? How long? I miss you. Damn it.

 

Just then, Kris approached you and gave you a glass of water. You smiled at him and took the water from his hands.

"Thanks. I really need it.", you told him.

He chuckled.

The party was held outside Yixing's house. It was more like a garden party. But the only difference is, the only guests are you, Leighn, and the rest of the boys.

So the set up was just really simple.

 

 

 

The party started. And you didin't notice that it was getting dark already.

Music was playing. Everybody was drunk, the only ones who were not drunk was you, Leighn and Kris.

The boys were lying on the cold floor outside. Just then, it started to rain. The boys jolted up and went inside the house. The only ones who were left outside was you.....and Kris.

Kris loved the rain. You loved the rain too. Just then your favorite music played. You remebered the times when you and your father had your first waltz.

Kris approached you and bent, "May I?", he asked smiling.

"Well of course.", you playfully said.

The two of you danced together like the world was yours. The rain drenched through your clothes. The rain didn't matter. It didn't matter eventhough you guys were wet. You weren't sure if you're just not that cold, or if the weather wasn't just cold enough.

And at that moment, you did admit that you forget about Kiseop. All you could think about was you and Kris. The moment between you and Kris was momentary but it was momentous.