Chapter 33

True Love

Sorry. It took me a while to update. Please forgive me. And I would really love it if you guys would leave your comments. THANK YOU. :)))

A VERY SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU. Not edited.

 

You looked at Kris and you said, "So, how's your design?". Mr Yao was not yet around so you still got time to talk to each other. Kris shrugged his shoulder and he said, "Why do you want to know?". You furrowed your eyebrows and you told him, "What?".

He looked at you, "Why? Are you scared that my design is better than yours?", he said. You shot him a glare and said, "You did not just say that.". Kris shrugged his shoulders and he said, "Oh, whatever. Your face tells it all.". You glared at him, "Let's just see about that.", you said walking away from him.

You were so angry at him. You didn't expect to hear that from Kris, cause right now, what you really need was an encouragement, which of course did not turn out well. Your boyfriend happened to be your little competition. Who are you kidding. He's not just a little competetion. 

You've worked hard on doing this project, and there's just one thing in your mind that you really want to do- TO WIN THIS PROPOSAL.

I swear to GOd, I'll do whatever it takes to win this proposal.

You were busy thinking about how to pull this off but Kris interrupted your thoughts. "Are you nervous?", he asked. You looked at him, "Oh, so now you're gonna ask me if I'm nervous?", you said. He nodded his head and said, "Well, I am your boyfriend, aren't I?". He smiled. You scoffed but your smile protruded anyhow. You mumbled, "Shut up.". He laughed at you and then he took a deep breath. You looked at him.

"Are you nervous?", you asked. He nodded his head and said, "Hell yeah. I worked my off for this project.". You looked at him and your eyes softened. You realized that he had done the same thing as you. Well, of course, he wouldn't get this far if he didn't work hard right? You somehow felt guilty because you wanted Kris to lose. But hearing that from him made you think otherwise. You kinda wished that he'll be the one to win this proposal. But, you cannot let your hard work go to waste.

He said, "Hey.". You looked at him, then he said, "Just for today, let's be competetive with each other.". You raised both your eyebrows and smiled, "Okay.". He said, "Deal?". You gave him a nod and you said, "DEAL.". Both of you shook both your hands. "I swear I'll be the one who'll win this.", you heard Kris say before walking away from you.

 

Just then, ten people entered the hall. Your eyes widened. And yes, you saw Kiseop, wearing a suit. You saw him smirk at you. And then it hit you, he's one of the board of directors.You gulped. Did he come here to get his revenge? Oh no.

You looked at Kris wanting to tell him that Kiseop is one of the board of directors. However, you didn't have to tell him. He was already staring at Kiseop with beastly eyes. Kiseop saw Kris staring at him and he gave Kris the same beastly stare. And you swear you saw electricity coming out through their eyes. The tension was in the air. You sighed in relief when the secretary said that the board meeting will now start. You saw Mr Yao sit at the middle.

You held your chest. Man, your heart was beating so fast that your hands were starting your sweat. Not to mention, Kiseop was one of the board of directors, which of course gave you another burden to carry on your shoulders.

You were the first one to present your design. You were infront of everyone, and then your eyes landed on Kris. He gave you an assuring smile that says 'You can do it'. While presenting it, you can hear mumbles from the board of directors and from the audience. The audience happens to be the employers of the Yao Company. You finished your presentation. It was time for Kris to present. You sighed in relief when you sat down. Finally, I'm done. Please do great Kris. You gave him a smile.

Kris finished his presentation. And you did admit that his presentation was better than yours. He did a great job, and you can't help but be proud of him.

Now, all you have to do was wait for the result. But you already know what the result is. Kris will win for sure. The first choice was yours, two persons raised their hands. You gulped. Twenty seconds have passed. Kris is gonna win. Just then, one person raised his hand. Your hopes were up again, you looked at that person. And guess what, it was Kiseop. Just then, five other persons raised their hands. You saw Mr Yao nod his head and raised his hand as well. You couldn't believe your eyes. You did it! You've won this proposal.

Everyone clapped their hands. You bowed your head to thank them. "Thank you everyone.", you said as you bowed. The board meeting was now over. You stared at Kris, he felt defeated. You saw his shoulders sank. You were about to walk towards him when you felt someone grab your shoulder. You turned around and saw Kiseop. You immediately removed your hand away from his grip. He said, "You don't need to thank me.". You looked at him confused, "What are you talking about?"

Kiseop said, "We all know that Kris' work is better than yours.". You clenched your fist and your jaw tightened. I knew it, something doesn't feel right. Kiseop stared at you and he said, "I'm the biggest shareholder of the Yao company. Which means, my choice should be their choice too. They don't want to lose a valuable person like me, do they?".

Kris felt really defeated. But he did admit that he was proud of you. The only thing that bothered him was Kiseop. He scanned the room to find you. You were having lunch with him. Just then, his eyes widened. He saw you talking to Kiseop.

"I don't want to talk to you right now Kiseop.", you told him. Kiseop grabbed your hand again and he said, "Rai Nee, look, I won't ask for any exchange. All I want is for you to love me again.". Your eyes were filled with anger, "What?". You tried to remove your hand away from his grip, but Kiseop was too strong so you couldn't.

Just then an angry Kris appeared and he grabbed your wrist away from Kiseop. Kris looked at Kiseop and he said, "Stay away from my girl.". You heard Kiseop laugh, "Oh. So here's Kris to the rescue.", he said. Kris' fist clenched. You can tell that he was controlling his anger. You touched his hand to calm him down. And surprisingly, the moment you touched his hand, his eyes softened. Kris looked at you and gave you a slight smile. He looked back at Kiseop and he said, "Look Kiseop, if you don't mind. Rai Nee and I have a date to go to.". Then he walked away dragging you outside the building.

Kris looked at you and he asked, "Why are you smiling?". You looked at him, you were caught off guard. You shrugged your shoulders and you told him, "I don't know.". Kris looked at you with his eyebrows raised, "Are you that happy yo see Kiseop?", he said. You looked at him and let out a small laugh, "What? No! Actually, I must admit I felt good when you did that.", you told Kris. Kris smiled and said, "I don't want anyone touching my girl.". You felt yourself blush.