Chapter 17

True Love

"Has he texted you already?", Leighn asked.

It was an early Saturday morning. Leighn was cooking and you were lying on the sofa waiting for your breakfast.

You shook your head and felt your heart dropped. It has already been 3 months since the last time you talked to him. and it was about his marriage.

"Look, Rai Nee I'm sorry. but I need to marry a stranger, someone whom I've never even met." Kiseop's eyes were starting to water. "I've got no choice.Business matters. I cannot let my father's work go to waste."

You tried your best not to let tears escape from your eyes. "But-" Kiseop said.

"But?" You asked him.

"We'll still be the same." He confidently said.

"The same? Kiseop, what are you--" he held your hand tightly before you can even finish speaking.

""Our relationship. We'll still continue our relationship." Kiseop said desparately.

"Kiseop." you held his hand.

"I know it's ridiculous, but I'll find a way to stop this marriage." he looked down at his feet, "No matter what it takes."

"Can you really stop this marriage?" you asked him.

Kiseop tightened his grip on your hands, "I will stop this marriage."

 

That was the only thing that keeps you holding on-his promise.

 

You miss him so much. You called him, you texted him, you even sent a letter to him, but he was not replying to any of it.

"Maybe he's just too busy.", you told Leighn. You were holding back your tears.

"When is Kiseop's  wedding?" Leighn asked regretting that those words came out from . Guilt eating her entire body.

"In less than two months." you simply answered Leighn. Leighn faked a cough and continued eating her breakfast.

You finished eating your breakfast and you decided to go back to sleep leaving your plate on the table.

Leighn noticed that you were sad, so he texted Lay.

 

You heard Leighn knock on your door. You lazily opened it. "What?"

"Let's go! We're going to meet with the other half.", Leighn said.

"Other half? What?", you asked confused.

"Just come with me. Hurry, we'll leave in 30 minutes.", Leighn told you.

And because you wanted to distract yourself you decided to go with Leighn. "Fine. I'll go get ready."

 

You heard Lay's car so you went outside.

The three of you, Lay, Leighn and you arrived at the airport. You saw Tao, Luhan, Xiumin and Chen also at the airport.

"Why are we here? Who are we suppose to meet?", you asked confused.

"I don't know either. I haven't met the other half.", Leighn whispered in your ear.

 

"Hey Lay, where's Kris?", Leighn asked.

"Probably cooking.", Lay simply said.

"I see.", Leighn said.

 

"Lay told me that they're finally gonna meet EXO-K after 8 years.", Leighn happily said.

"There they are!!! EXO-K!!!!", Tao shouted.

EXO-K?!!! And then it hit you. You remembered.

You looked at the direction to where Tao was pointing at.

"BAEKHYUN?!!!!", you shouted and your eyes were round as the earth.

"Rai Nee!!!", Baekhyun shouted.

Baekhyun was with five other guys. You knew who they were.

 

You arrived at Lay's house.

"So you're Rai Nee's cousin?", Tao asked. Baekhyun nodded.

"Wow. I didn't even know that Rai Nee's your cousin dude.", Lay told Baek.

"I know. I know. We're just too different right? The complete opposite.", Baekhyun said.

"Whatever Baek.", you glared at him.

So there's Baekhyun, he's your cousin and you went to middle school with him. Baek was like your older brother. You two are just so close that you're inseparable. That's why you knew the other 5.

"Your hair's longer now Rai Nee.", Suho said while smiling brightly.

Suho, he was your best friend. He gave you lots of advice when you need one. And he's the leader of EXO-K.

"And you gained weight.", Sehun said and ate his food. You glared at him. This brat!

"She didn't! She's still hot!", Kai shouted and kicked Sehun's foot.

"Ouch! Rai Nee! Kai kicked me!", Sehun shouted like a baby.

"What are you talking about Sehun? I'm happily eating my lunch here.", Kai said trying to be innocent.

Suho rubbed his temples as the two maknaes quarrel.

"I can't believe you still have a crush on Rai Nee, Kai.", Baekhun said.

"Of course. I'm loyal you know.", Kai said and pointed his tongue at Baek.

"But you know that she doesn't love you back right?", Baek said cruelly. Sehun was secretly laughing, it always make him happy whenever Kai is mad.

"Yah!!! You don't know anything! She told me that she liked me.", Kai said.

"Liked you? She liked you because you were like a brother to her. Alright?", Baek said. Kai kept quiet and ate his food.

You laughed at his behavior. Kai and Sehun were like your little brothers. You always took good care of them. And even thoughmthey're annoying, you keep on tolerating their immature behaviors.

"Wow Rai Nee, I never knew you were a heartthrob back then.", Xiumin said with his mouth full. You smiled at him.

"I haven't seen you for more than a year already Rai Nee.", DO said. And he smiled at you. You smiled at him. DO was the most mature among the group.

"Me too. I've missed you.", a deep voice said. "Long time no see.", Chanyeol said and he patted your head.

And then there's Chanyeol. You had a crush on him since middle school until you reached college. You had a crush on him for at least 10 years. And up until now, you cannot deny that he still make you feel jittery. You smiled at him.

Kris arrived at Lay's house with chips on his hand. his eyes widened when he saw that the food he prepared earlier was gone.

"Ayo Kris!" Luhan shouted. All of you looked at Kris. You smiled at him.

"Guys, this is Kris. The leader of EXO-M."Lay introduced Kris to all members. and since Kris met EXO-M when they were in middleschol, he haven't met EXO-K yet.

Kris bowed ninety degrees. And the boys started to get to know Kris. And in less than 3 minutes the guys were already creating chaos inside Lay's house. You were surprised that they got that close with each other, and they got really close with Kris. You and Leighn laughed at their behavior. You felt happy. Leighn noticed that that was your real laugh after three months of hurting.

After eating dinner, you and Leighn decided to go home. "Bye Lay. I'll text you alright?" Lay nodded and kissed Leighn's cheeks. Luhan choked on his saliva and Chen was busy tapping Luhan's back. Kris pinched his nosebridge. You laughed at how stressful Kris's face was. He looked at you and mouthed, "These jerks." You laughed again causing Kris to laugh too. Everyone looked at both of you and Tao asked, "What's so funny?" 

"Nothing." both of you said at the same time, you were holding back your laugh. 

"Looks like they're the only ones who understand each other."Sehun said. 

"But she understands me too.". Kai boasted.

"But you don't understand her." Baekhyun said. Sehun laughed and pointed a finger at Kai, "In your face!!!!".

"Byun Baekhyun!!!!" Kai shouted and glared at Baek.

"I'm outta here.". Baek said and went inside Lay's room knowing that Kai's gonna beat him up.

Lay saw Baekhyun entered his room. "YAH!!!! BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!!!" Leighn shook her head, "Oh God."

"Pillow fight at Lay's room!!!! YAY!!!" all the guys shouted. Kris was the only one left behind.

"I'll take care of them." Kris said.

"Goodluck."you told Kris.

"Thanks. I think I need all my luck to handle those jerks." Kris smiled at you.

Leighn coughed and waved both her hands, "Uhm, guys, I'M HERE."

Both of you looked at Leighn and laughed. You waved your hand at Kris and said your goodbyes.

Leighn held your hand, "Come on, let's go home." You smiled at her. "I think Kris is OKAY."

You looked at her, "Okay? What do you mean?"

"I mean, it's okay if you like him." Leighn said. 

"But I don't like him." You defended.

"Okay then." Leighn said. "But what if Kris actually likes you?"

You froze for a second. "Leighn, you know that I'm inlove with Kiseop right?" Saying his name hurts you a lot.

Leighn felt guilty and nodded her head, "I know. But are you really okay with it?"

You exhaled and looked at Leighn, "No."

Leighn was about to say something but you interrupted her, "But he did say he'll stop it."

Leighn took a deep breath, "But you know that this isn't just a simple wedding right? We're talking about marriage. And once he gets married, there's no turning back." Leighn didn't mean to hurt you but she did say a fact. A fact that you can't deny.

You thought of all the possibilities that may happen.

You looked at the stars and said, "I know." No matter how badly he wants to stop the wedding, he can't. I know it's gonna hurt.