Chapter 21

True Love

NOT EDITTED. SORRY.

 

 

You went outside and found Kiseop still standing beside his car. His face was pale from the cold. You ran towards him and hugged him. "Kiseop." You cried. "I'm sorry Rai Nee.", he embraced you. You brought him inside his car to warm him up. You hurriedly went inside your apartment and got a cup of hot chocolate. You gave it to Kiseop. Kiseop only stared at the drink. He looked at you. "I'm sorry Rai Nee.", he said. You looked at him. He stared at your eyes. You can see the sadness from his eyes. "I'm sorry. I can't stop the wedding.", Kiseop said as he tries to hold your hand. You touched his cold hands and looked down at your feet. You looked at him and kissed him. Kiseop's eyes widened from your actions. He closed his eyes and deepened the kiss. You pulled out from the kiss then left his car.  You heard Kiseop say, "I love you Rai Nee. And I'm sorry." You closed the door of his car and you went inside your apartment. 

 

It was already November 11. A day before Kiseop's wedding. You held your chest hoping that it would stop from hurting. You walked to the playground. You sat on a swing and thought of everything you and Kiseop had. You started crying. A kid rushed towards you and asked, "Unni, why are you crying?" You looked at the kid. You wiped the tears from your eyes with your hands. "Dust came in my eyes.", you tried your best to smile at the kid infront of you. He smiled at you, "Smile a lot Unni. Anneong! I'll play with my friends now.", he cutely waved at you. You smiled at  the kid. But eventhough you're smiling, you can still feel the heaviness from your heart. You started crying again. You realized that it was getting harder for you to hold back your tears.

Just then, you heard footsteps behind you. It was Kris. He sat at  the swing next to you and gave you his handkerchief. You used his handkerchief to wipe your eyes. Kris suddenly spoke, "Today may be the very last day.", you looked at him. He continued talking, "Lee Kiseop-if you want to hold unto him, there's no more time left." The words he said went straight to your heart. You cried. He stood up and walked towards you. He kneeled down and hugged you like the way he hugged you before. He then hugged you tighter, "The moment I saw you cry for the first time, my heart hurt.", he stopped and hesitated to say more. He thought for a second. This is now or never Kris. You let him talk, you didn't say a word. You pulled out from his hug. He looked straight to your wet eyes and continued talking, he swallowed and said, "I don't want to see you cry. And after tomorrow, I might not see you smile anymore. And I don't want that to happen." He looked at you and planted a kiss on your wet cheeks. You closed your eyes and cried. Kris was always there for you, he was always there when you need someone, like someone who would let you share his umbrella for you not to get wet, like someone who would make you laugh when he does something stupid like washing the dishes, like someone who would always wipe the tears from your eyes, like someone who would love you eventhough you're at your worst.

 

 

November 12. You woke up realizing that it's Kiseop's wedding day. You stood up from your bed. You looked at the dress you're going to wear. You looked at the mirror and started crying again. Leighn knocked on your door, you didn't open it. She opened it and found you on your knees crying your heart out. She ran to you and hugged you. "Rai Nee. Put yourself together." You looked at Leighn as  she tries to help you stand up. You stopped crying and had your tough face on. This was not the time for you to be vulnerable. You knew what you have to do.

Ah Ra was in her dressing room when her parents entered. Mrs Yoo cried as she saw her daughter in a wedding gown. "Omo! My daughter is so beautiul.", Mrs said. Ah Ra tried her best not to cry, "Mom, don't cry or else you're gonna make me cry too. And my make-up might get ruined.", Ah Ra said. Mr Yoo walked towards Ah Ra, "I never knew that this day would come.", Mr Yoo said. Really Daddy? You never knew that this day would come? But you were the ones who fixed this marriage. Ah Ra laughed at her thoughts. She saw her Father cried for the first time. Her father hugged her. Mr Yoo looked at Ah Ra and said, "You're the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen." Ah Ra smiled. Mrs Yoo hit Mr Yoo's arm, "Yah! I'm the prettiest bride you've ever seen. Idiot." Ah Ra laughed at their behavior. "Mom, Dad.", Ah Ra stared at both of them and started crying. Mrs Yoo and Mr Yoo hugged their daughter as they cried.

Soohyun knocked on Ah Ra's door, her parents went out for Ah Ra and Soohyun to talk. Ah Ra smiled as Soohyun enters her room. SHe looked at Soohyun and asked, "How do I look?". "Beautiful.", Soohyun replied. Ah Ra smiled at her bestfriend, "Really?", she asked. Soohyun stared at her rom head to toe and pointed at her dress, "I'm talking about the dress.", Ah Ra pouted her lips, Soohyun continued talking, "However the bride is too....", Ah Ra glared at Soohyun and hit his arms with her hands. Soohyun laughed. Ah Ra looked at Soohyun and said, "If you keep treating girls like this, no one will ever marry you.", she stucked her tongue out. Soohyun looked at Ah Ra and said, "What? Look, I'm a person with no interest in marriage. But it's a constant headache for me because girls are always clinging to me. It's really hard to be handsome.", Soohyun kept on talking and Ah Ra just rolled her eyes. Ah Ra said, "You're really good at bragging, you know that? Hearing a boastul person like you to give me a congratulatory speech is really a great blessing.", and Ah Ra bowed ninety-degrees at Soohyun. Soohyun bowed and said, "It is an honor to humiliate you infront of everyone." Ah Ra's eyes widened, "Yah! Don't say anything stupid and embarassing! If you say something that'll humiliate me, you'll be my enemy.", Ah Ra said. Soohyun looked at Ah Ra and walked towards her, "Don't worry."

You were now at the church waiting for the ceremony to start. You were sitting at the 4th row. You heard the music started playing. You touched your chest hoping that your heart would stop from hurting. 

Ah Ra heard the music started playing. She looked at her parents and took a deep breath. She was nervous. The bridesmaids started walking. Then it was time for her to walk in the aisle. She walked with her parents. Kiseop was standing at the end of the aisle. He felt nervous. He watched Ah Ra as she walks down the aisle. Eventhough she had her veil on, he was captivated by her beauty. He took Ah Ra's hands from her Father.

 

 

He took a deep breath and glanced back at Ah Ra. Kiseop can't help but stare at Ah Ra's beautiful face. They started having their vows.

You watched as they exchanged their rings, as they gave each other's vows. You looked down at your feet and wanted to cry. You wanted to go out. Then, the priest said, "I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Kiseop looked at Ah Ra. He unveiled her. Her face captivating Kiseop's eyes. She's the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen. Ah Ra swallowed as Kiseop unveils her. Her heart was beating so fast that she wants to explode. Kiseop slowly leaned closer to Ah Ra. He cupped Ah Ra's face with his hands and closed his eyes. Ah Ra perked her lips and closed her eyes. They hear the crowd cheer as their lips met. It was longer than they expected it to be. Kiseop wanted to pull out from the kiss but he can't. Ah Ra slowly opened her eyes and saw Kiseop still closing his eyes. Kiseop elt Ah Ra pullling out from the kiss but he only deepened the kiss. Ah Ra's eyes widened as Kiseop kissed her. He then pulled out from the kiss and stared at Ah Ra's eyes. Ah Ra can see the happiness in Kiseop's eyes for the first time.

You watched as Kiseop leans closer to Ah Ra. You were wishing that Kris was there to cover your eyes, but he was sitting at the other side. Kiseop closed his eyes and you watched as he touched Ah Ra's lips with his. You felt the exact same feeling when the time Kiseop told you that he was about to marry someone, when the time he forgot about your appointment with him, when he ran as fast as he could when he heard that Ah Ra was brought to the hospital, when the time he chose Ah Ra over you, the only difference was that this time, it was ten thousand times worse.You started crying and remebered everything you and Kiseop had.

 

The wedding ceremony was now over. The reception took place at the pavilion. The host started the event, "And now the Father's speech for his daughter, the bride." Everyone clapped their hands as Mr Yoo walked towards the center of the stage, "When I was getting married, my father-in-law was against it. SO I asked if there's something wrong with me. I've got it all, money, looks, and brain.", The crowd started laughing as Ah Ra's dad gave the speech. He continued talking, "I felt that it was unfair for me to be treated like that. But after my Ah Ra was born, I finally understand my father-in-law. Afther thinking about letting her go to some other man, I felt something in my heart that I couldn't breathe well.", he stopped for a second as his eyes started to water. Mrs Yoo was already crying. Ah Ra looked at her Father and her eyes started to water. Her father continued talking, "I'm not saying this because she's my daughter. My little Ah Ra, she never got in trouble since she was little. She always did everything well on her own. But that hurts me even more. She grew up too early. She wouldn't say anything if she's feeling sick or if she was going through a hard time. I wonder how hard it was for her. Kiseop!", Kiseop was surprised that Mr Yoo is going to address his speech now to Kiseop. Mr Yoo started speaking again, "Kiseop, Ah Ra only thinks about taking care of others, not herself. I ask you to make her happy so that she can be honest, weak and comfortable. Take good care of my Ah Ra."

The crowd clapped their hands as Ah Ra's dad finished saying his speech. The host said thrrough her mic, "And now, Ah Ra's best friend who has known the bride for almost all his life, Shin Soohyun for the toast."

Soohyun walked towards the stage holding his wine from his hands. Ah Ra went near him and hand over him a peppermint candy. She went back to her seat next to Kiseop. This girl knows that my mouth gets dry when I'm nervous. She knows that I need peppermint candy. This girl who knows me better than myself, I now have to give her a congratulatory speech. Soohyun grabbed the mic and started giving his speech, "To Kiseop and my Best friend Ah Ra, I sincerely congratulate you on your marriage. Yah, Kiseop, I'm leaving my terrible best friend in your hands.", everyone laughed at what he said and Ah Ra only glared at him. He cotinued on talking, "The bride, Yoo Ah Ra and I, as noted in the introduction, spent nearly every moment of our school years together.", After meeting Ah Ra since we were kids, nearly 20 years have passed. Ah Ra and I have been together for the whole time. Through elementary school, and high school, and after college graduation. We've been together all along. Therefore, I had 20 years to convey my feelings. Perhaps during this 20 years, I've been searching for the perfect moment to confess my feelings. But it's already too late now. Ah Ra is now married. The person I love the most in this world, has married another man today. He stopped for a while and stared at his feet, he looked back at Ah Ra and said, "Yesterday, I opened a yearbook, I haven't looked for a long time. I read her ambition and it says there that she wants to be a beautiul and happy bride. I laughed for the longest time as I read it. There probably aren't many girls who would write a wish like that huh? Plus she's a really clumsy and spoiled girl.", Ah Ra sent him a glare. Soohyun laughed at how Ah Ra reacted, Soohyun continued giving his speech, "Although I know that Ah Ra is the most beautiful bride right now, I really hope that she's a happy bride."

Ah Ra's eyes started to water as she hears Soohyun's speech. Soohyun said, "She cared more than others grades than her exams. She would always give me candy when she knows that I'm nervous. She always know whether her friends are lying or if they've got problems. She always put her own matters behind", he stopped for a while as he tightly grip the mic. He continued his speech, "and considers other people first. Whether she's lonely or sad, she only smiles. So now, I don't really know if her smile is true, but I sincerely wish that my beloved friend will have a happy marriage. To their happiness, Cheers!" and Soohyun ended his speech with the toast.

 

You were at  the reception and heard Ah Ra's dad and Soohyun's speech. You looked back at the couple and felt your heart sank. You wanted to cry but no tears went out. Kris saw you and grabbed your hands, "Rai Nee, are you okay?", he asked. You shook your head. The reception has finally ended. You elt your phone vibrating, you looked at it. It was Kiseop. You answered it, "Kiseop." You heard Kiseop say, "Meet me outside. I want to talk to you." The EXO members were busy getting food at the table. The only ones at the table were Kris, Leighn and you. You look at Leighn and Kris, they gave you a confused expression. "I have to go somewhere.", you told them. Leigh started to worry, "Do you want me to go with you?" You shook your head, "No. I just have to do something." Leighn nodded her head and watched as you go outside.

Kiseop was waiting outside for you. He heard footsteps and turned his head and he saw you. His heart started hurting. He looked straight in your eyes. He grabbed you and hugged you. You held back your tears. You heard him speak, "Rai Nee." You pulled out from his hug, you looked straight in his eyes. You already know what's gonna happen. You saw the happiness in his eyes as he kissed Ah Ra. Kiseop held your hands tighter. He looked at his feet then back at you. He spoke, "Rai Nee, I'm already inlove with Ah Ra." And that was it, you went down on your knees and started crying. He went down on his knees and hugged you. You gave him a punch, and another, and another. You continued hitting him but he never let go of you. You stopped hitting him and took a deep breath. You were still crying. He helped you stood up. He looked at you, "I'm sorry Rai Nee." You nodded your head and spoke, "I hope for your happiness Kiseop. Who am I to hold unto you? So here I am, ready to let you go. " You grabbed his head and kissed him. You pulled out from the kiss and stared at his eyes. "That would be the last. I love you, goodbye.". And you turned your back against him, he watched as you disappear. And that was the hardest thing you've ever done, walking away still loving him.

 

(This is the Author's note: So you guys read stories about an arranged marriage right? Like when the guy has a girlfriend, then the guy suddenly got into an arranged marriage, then the girl he was suppose to marry fell inlove with him, but the guy has a girlfriend, but after some time, the guy fell inlove with his wife and the guy leaves his girlfriend. Well, let's just say that this is somewhat like that. The only difference is that Rai Nee is the girlfriend. So now you get it right? :))                                  So for all those who wants Rai Nee to end up with Kiseop, I'm really really SORRY. I hope that you can forgive me. Here I am bowing ninety-degrees at you. )