Chapter 24

True Love

A SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU. NOT EDITTED.

 

You took a shower and went to work. It has already been eight months since Kiseop's wedding day. You were very busy with all the paperwork. And finally, it was your break time. You went outside to eat your lunch. Just then, someone was waiting for you outside. You waved at him and smiled, "Hey!", you greeted him. "Rai Nee!", Suho said as he hugged you. "What are you doing here?", you asked him. He looked at you and smiled, "Just because.", he said. You looked at Suho with a raised brow, "Just because???", you asked. He sighed, "Because I knew that my awesome best friend is really having a hard time in her work so I brought lunch for her.", he said with a smile. You smiled at him. You were very thankful to have a best friend like Suho. He was your girl version of Leighn.

"Ooooooh! It's delicious!", you exclaimed while eating the lunch Suho has brought. "See? I told you you'll love it.", Suho said proudly. "Did you cook all of this?", you asked him. He nodded his head, "No. DO did. We were at Sehun's last night and I woke DO up to make your lunch. I tried to cook but Sehun saw me cooking and he freaked out.", he said. You started to wonder and then you remembered the time when you and the rest of EXO-K were at Sehun's place, and Suho was cooking and he was thisclose in putting Sehun's house into flames. And from that day forward, Suho was banned from Sehun's kitchen. You laughed at the memory. But you were really amazed at Suho's great improvement in cooking. He really knows how to cook now, but Sehun just doesn't trust him.

Lunch break was over and it was time for you to go back to work. You waved your hand at Suho. Suho gave you a soft smile then left.

 

You went inside to get back to work. You passed by Kiseop's old office which is now the new Vice-President's office. Your heart felt a pang. You shifted your gaze back to your computer to continue doing your paperwork. While you were busy doing all those , Mr Zhang's secretary called you. "Rai Nee, Mr Zhang wants to talk to you.". You stood up and went inside Mr Zhang's office.

"Rai Nee!", Mr Zhang greeted you. You bowed your head. "Sit down Rai Nee.", Mr Zhang said. You sat onthechair and waited for Mr Zhang to speak. Mr Zhang spoke, "Rai Nee, since you are Chinese, I want you to be the one who'll be responsible for our new proposal. You'll have to prepare yourself to go to China. Do you understand?",Mr Zhang said. You swallowed. You were hesitating but since it's China, you thought to yourself that it wouldn't hurt. China is your home afterall. You ended up nodding your head at Mr Zhang. Mr Zhang smiled at you. You started asking Mr Zhang, "Ahm, but Mr Zhang? When do I have to go to China?". Mr Zhang looked at you and said, "I'll tell you as soon as that company wants to meet with Zhang Company." You nodded your head.

Finally, your work was done. You went home and saw Kris's hoodie jacket hanging on your closet. I still have to return this to him. You texted him and asked him where he is. He told you he was at the store near the supermarket with Luhan.  You told him to wait for you. You arrived at the store after 20 minutes. You saw him standing beside a tree. You walked towards him and handed him his hoodie. "Here. Thanks.", you told him. He nodded his head, "Sure." He smiled at you. Just then, Luhan arrived with a bubble tea on his hands. You smiled at him and he gave you a soft smile.

"Rai Nee, do you want to go with us?", Luhan asked. "I'm really sorry but I can't. I still got work for tomorrow..", you told him. Luhan pouted, "But I wanted to talk to you for awhile.", Luhan said. You smiled at Luhan, "I'm really sorry. But I have to go now.", you told him. Luhan nodded his head, "Araseo. Take care Rai Nee.", Luhan said and smiled at you. You gave them a soft smile then left.

"I really wanted to talk to Rai Nee.", Luhan told Kris. Kris looked at Luhan. "Why? What do you want to tell her?", Kris asked. Luhan sipped his bubbletea before speaking, "Random things." Kris spoke, "I wanted to talk to her too, you know." Luhan looked at Kris, "I know. But hey Kris?", Luhan asked. Kris hummed as a reply. Luhan spoke, "Do you like Rai Nee?". Kris felt his cheeks burning up. He faked a cough. Suddenly Luhan laughed, "You do like her, don't you?", Luhan told Kris. Kris touched his nape. Luhan nodded his head, "Kris likes Rai Nee.", he said. Luhan sighed.

 

You woke up early in the morning. You got yourself ready for work. Leighn already left. You haven't eaten your breakfast. Since it's still too early, before heading to the bus stop you went to a store to buy some Ramen. Just then, you saw Luhan. Luhan saw you and he cheerfully approached you. "Rai Nee!", he greeted you. You smiled at him. "Off to work?", Luhan asked you. You nodded your head. You said, "What are you doing here?". Luhan looked at you and said, "Jogging. Exercise.". You nodded your head, "Oh. I see.". The two of you talked for about 15 minutes. It was time for you to go and you told Luhan that you have to go. "Alright. I'll take you to the bus stop.", Luhan told you. "You don't have to.", you told him but he insisted.

Both of you were walking when Luhan suddenly spoke, "Hey Rai Nee?", you hummed as a reply. Luhan continued speaking, "I saw you, you know." You looked at him confused, just then he spoke before you can even speak, "I saw you at the playground. Before Kiseop's wedding day.", he looked down on his feet. You looked at Luhan. Then he said, "I saw you. Your sad eyes. I was about to approach you but Kris approached you." You began talking, "You were there?", you asked him. He nodded his head. Then your bus came. "My bus is here. I have to go.", you told him. He waved his hand at you and you gave him a soft smile. "Bye.", Luhan said. "Bye.", you told him. Luhan watched as the bus disappeared. He sighed. He looked down at his feet. Perhaps, if I had enough courage to approach you at that time, I should've been the one who has saved you.

 

You went home right after work. You arrived at the apartment and found it empty. You were used to being alone but now, you never wanted to be alone. When you're alone, you feel really sad. You looked around the apartment and you felt lonely. You texted Leighn if she'll be home soon but she said that she'll be home late.

You sighed. You decided to watch a movie. Watching a movie alone was a complete bore. You rolled on your bed. You were facing the ceiling. Your window was open, then suddenly you felt the cold wind throughnyour skin. You shifted your gaze to the window and saw the blue dreamcatcher that you bought. You walked towards it. You touched its white feather and you remembered why you bought it. It was because of Kris.

"Do you know how I handle stress? I sleep."

You found yourself smiling. You realized you were smiling so you faked a cough then cleared your throat. You felt yourself blush. You thought of Kris. You went back on watching the movie.

The boredom was killing you. You got your phone. You were about to type your message when your phone beeped. You smiled as you gave the sender a reply, you grabbed your jacket and happily went outside the apartment.

"Hey.", Kris waved at you. He was wearing his jacket and a white shirt under it, and he wore a scarf around his neck. Men, he looked handsome. Who are you kidding? He looks handsome all the time. You approached him and said, "Hey." "So, you weren't doing anything when I texted you?", Kris asked. You shook your head, "I wasn't doing anything." Kris nodded his head, "It's a good thing that  you weren't busy. It's really sad watching this movie alone.", Kris said as he handed you your movie ticket. You grabbed your ticket from his hand.

The both of you went to buy popcorn. The saleslady asked you, "What flavormdo you want?" You squinted your eyes, "Ahm, I'd like to have salted caramel please.", you said. "No! Cheese please.", Kris told the lady. You glared at him, "But I want caramel!", you told him. "And I want cheese.", Kris said. The two of you were having a fight over this small thing and the lady can't help but laugh at your behavior, both of you snapped your gaze at the lady, "Aigoo. This cute couple is having a hard time in buying my popcorn.", the lady said while laughing. You felt yourself blush. Kris cleared his throat and said, "Lady, no. Ahm, we're not a. She's not my.", Kris said stuttering. "I'm not his girlfriend.", you said. The lady just nod her head.

You realized that you were acting like a couple. Kris realized the same thing. He felt embarrassed. Why were you fighting because of a popcorn anyway? It's not like you're gonna share right? He looked at you and said, "Then you can buy your caramel popcorn, and I'll buy my cheese popcorn." You nodded your head, "Yeah. Let's just do that.", you told Kris.

The two of you entered the cinema. Then the movie started. Kris said, "You can place your hand in the arm chair too if you want. Or if you feel tired.", Kris said as he placed his hands on the arm chair. You nodded your head. The movie was about to end when you saw  Kris opening and closing his hand. You looked at him confused, Kris said, "I'm exercising." You nodded your head. You looked at the arm chair and started laughing knowing that Kris left some space on the arm chair so you could place your hand there. He left a space for me this entire time. Stupid Kris. You smiled. You placed your hand at the armchair and felt Kris's fingers intertwined with yours. You felt yourself blush.