Chapter 28

True Love

A SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU

 

 

You packed your things that night. Leighn saw you inside your room and asked, "You're leaving?". You looked at her and gave her a nod. "Wait, why?", she asked. "Your father didn't tell you?", you asked her. She looked at you confused, "Oh my God. He outcasted you?!!!!", she said. You looked at her confused. You smacked her head and said, "Stupid. I'm going to China. We need someone to sign a contract.", you said laughing. She laughed at you, "Oh! I thought you were, you know.". You shook your head and gave Leighn a pat on the head. Then, she looked at you, "But," you looked at her and she spoke, "what about Kris?". You took a deep breath and sat down at your bed with Leighn, "I guess, it'll have to wait.". Leighn nodded her head and smiled at you, "You'll find him." You smiled at her. "I know you will.", Leighn said and she got up and went outside your room.

You took a deep breath and continued on packing your things. You looked outside your window. I'll have to go Kris. Please Kris, come back and be here.

You went to the airport. The plane arrived and you went inside the plane. You always loved riding airplanes.

 

Lay knocked on your apartment. Leighn opened the door, "Oh. Hey Babe.", she said and gave Lay a kiss on the cheek. Luhan and Chen faked a cough and said, "Hello? We're here." Leighn looked at them and smiled, "Hey guys!". "Where's Rai Nee?", Luhan asked. Leighn looked at Luhan and said, "She left." Luhan panicked, "Wait what?! She left?!!!". Leighn nodded her head. Chen shook his head and said, "How are we supposed to tell her about Kris?". Leighn looked at them and said, "You can always gave her a call, duh?". Chen nodded his head, "Right. Phone.", and he laughed. Lay spoke, "But we have a problem." Leighn looked at her boyfriend and said, "What is it Babe?". Lay raised his hand holding your phone. Leighn's jaw dropped, "She left her phone." Lay nodded his head. Luhan touched his hair and said, "Now how are we gonna tell her that Kris is in China?". Leighn looked at Luhan and said, "You don't have to." Lay looked at his girlfriend with confused eyes, "What are you saying? We won't tell her until she gets back? Is that what you're suggesting?". Leighn took a deep breath and said, "She's in China."

 

You arrived at China safely. You got your things and smiled. It's good to be back. You decided to call your parents. You reached out for your phone. "Shoot. I can't believe I forgot to bring my phone." You mentally slapped yourself. You went to a payphone and called your house. "Hello Mom?", you said through the phone. Your Mom said, "Rai Nee? Is that you?". "Yeah. I'm in the airport right now.", you told her. You heard your Mom shout from the phone, "Hey Honey! Rai Nee's here! She's at the airport!!!". You laughed when you heard how excited your Mom is. "We'll be there in twenty minutes Honey. Wait for us. Alright?", she told you.

You felt your stomach growl. You were hungry. You went to a fast food restaurant and ordered a cheeseburger and a soda. Just then, you saw your Mom and Dad approaching you. They hurriedly ran towards you and hugged you. "Honey!", your Mom said. "My daughter!", your Dad said. "How are you?", your Mom asked. You nodded your head and said, "I'm fine Mom.". They smiled at you. "How's work?", your Dad asked. You took a deep breath and said, "It's fine. I'm actually here because of work.". They nodded their heads and looked at you. Your Mom said, "Do you want to go home with us? Atleast spend your night there? With us?". You smiled at your Mom and said, "Of course Mom. I've missed you."

 

You were inside your room. You touched your bed. "It feels like I never left.", you said. You sat on your bed and looked outside your window. You saw the moon shining brightly. Just then, you found yourself sleeping.

 

You bought yourself a new phone. You called Mr Zhang, "Good morning Mr Zhang. This is Lee Rai Nee. I arrived safely.". You heard Mr Zhang say, "Good. You know what to do right?". You nodded your head and said, "Yes Mr Zhang.". Mr Zhang said, "Do whatever it takes to make that man sign the contract." You said through the phone, "Yes Mr Zhang.". Then Mr Zhang hang up.

 

You were outside the company. You took a deep breath and said in your mind, "Let's get this guy to sign the contract.". You walked inside and saw lots of men and women in suits. You swallowed, "I can do this."

You went to the information and said, "I would like to have an appointment with Mr Yao.". The woman wearing a red coat and black skirt nodded her head. You saw her took the phone and made a call. She nodded her head. "Name please Ma'am?". You said, "Lee Rai Nee of Zhang Company.". The woman smiled and put the phone down, "Mr Yao's office is on the 24th floor. You may wait for him there.", she told you. You gave her a smile and said, "XieXie."

 

You sat down outside his office. This project is very important for all of you, and you need Mr Yao to sign the contract. And Mr Zhang trusted you with this project. Mr Yao will choose one of your designs, the design of a new building. A building built by the partnership of Zhang Company and Yao Company. But if Mr Yao doesn't like the design, he will not sign the contract, and there will be no YZ Empire. But it's not just the design, there's so much more. You touched your chest. You took a deep breath. You felt nervous. Just then, you saw a case on the chair in front of you. You looked at the case. Mr Yao's secretary went outside his office to get you, "Ms Lee Rai Nee?". You nodded your head, "Yes.". "Please come inside. Mr Yao is waiting for you.", you heard her say.

You were now inside his office and he spoke, "Ms Lee Rai Nee.". You bowed your head and said, "Good Morning Mr Yao.". He motioned you to sit down. He spoke, "Do you have the design?". You nodded your head, "Yes Mr Yao. I do have it.". "Show it to me.", he said. You were really nervous. You put out the blueprint from its case and showed it to Mr Yao. He touched his chin and squinted his eyes, "I don't like it.". You felt your heart dropped. You opened your mouth to speak. Then you heard him cough. "However, I will give you another chance. You have one month to change the design and to win my trust Ms Lee." You nodded your head and gave him a bow, "XieXie.". You were about to go outside when you heard him say, "Good luck." Then you stepped outside.

 

You went home to get your stuff. You told your parents that you need some time alone for this project, and that this projct is very important for you. Surprisingly, your parents understood. You called Leighn and said through the phone, "Hey Leighn?". You heard Leighn said, "Who's this? I don't have your number.". You sighed, "It's me Rai Nee." You heard Leighn scream, "Rai Nee!". "Hey.", you said. "I'll be here longer than I expected.". Leighn said, "I know. So you found him already?!!", she asked excitedly. You nodded your head as if she can see you, "Well yeah. Why wouldn't I find him?", you asked confused. Leighn smiled and said through the phone, "I'm so happy for you Rai Nee.". Your eyebrows met, "Wait, who are we talking about?", you asked her. She said, "Well, Kris of course. Isn't he in China?". Your eyes widened. He's here.