Chapter 15

True Love

Kiseop was busy working in his office when a lady carrying a brown envelope went inside. Kiseop's eyes widened after seeing what's written. He stood up and went to Mr. Zhang's office.

 

"Mr Zhang--", Kiseop was about to ask something when Mr Zhang interrupted him.

"You're here Mr Lee. Your mother told me that your work here is no longer needed by you. And your Father called me from Singapore and approved as well. You are now officially the CEO of your father's company, THE EMPIRE COMPANY. Congratulations!", Mr Zhang held out his hand and shook Kiseop's right hand.

Kiseop was very happy, he is now the CEO of their company. He can't believe it.  He was very happy that he decided to share his happiness with you, so he called you. You were the first one that crossed his mind.

 

"Rai!!!!", Kiseop shouted happily.

"Kiseop! Why the hell are you shouting? God! Do you think I'm deaf?", you told him.

"Rai Nee! Where are you?", he asked you. He was anxious.

You told him where you were, "I'm at the cantee---"

"Meet me in the rooftop. Alright?", Kiseop cut you off. And then he hung up.

He hung up on me. Wow. The nerve of this guy. But, what did he say? Rooftop?

 

You saw Kiseop standing at the corner already.

"Yah! Lee Ki Sub!", you shouted.

Kiseop turned around and looked at you. He was very happy, there's just so much happiness in his eyes that it even radiates on you.

"Rai Nee!", he hugged you. He wanted to kiss your cheek but you were too short and you weren't wearing your heels that day so he just kissed your forehead.

"What? What happened?", you told him.

"I'm the new CEO of our company. You heard that? The new C-E-O!!!!!", Kiseop raised both his hands up in the air.

"Really?!!! I'm so happy for you!", you told him and you hugged him so tight.

 

"Are you really that happy?", he asked you seriously. You asked him what the matter is. "You know that I won't be working here anymore right? And I'll be very busy. And I might not have time to have a date with you. I might not be able to see you."

You pouted. "But, you'll find a way to see me right?"

"Says who? Yah! Lee Rai Nee, am I suppose to be the only one doing the effort here? You should be the one who's suppose to find a way to see me because you're not that busy. And why should I anyway?", he told you.

You glared at him. "And why should I too?!!! Fine! Then don't see me even if you want to!"  You turned your back against him and you wanted to just walk away.

Kiseop laughed and grabbed your wrist. He then pulled you closer and backhugged you. And he slowly whispered in your ears, "Don't worry. I'll come often at your house, I'll call always. I will always find a way to see you. Okay?"

You blushed and you smiled. You nodded your head. Kiseop kissed your head.

 

 

 

 

You woke up early to go to work.

It's been eight months since you and Kiseop started dating. 

You went inside Kiseop's office and found it empty.  You miss him so much. It's been two weeks since the last time you saw him.

I wonder what he's doing right now. I hope he's alright.

 

You received a text message from Leighn saying that she'll come home late because she was going on a date with Lay. You sighed.

It was still too early to go home and you didn't want to be alone at your apartment so you decided to have a cup of coffee and spend some time there just to relax yourself.

You went inside the cafe, you ordered your drink. While you were waiting for your order, you heard the Barista shout "Kris! Latte for Kris!"

Kris? Is he here? You looked around and saw Kris grabbed his drink. You called him, "Kris"

He looked at you and smiled. "Can I sit here?" You nodded.

The Barista called your name and you grabbed your drink.

The two of you were sitting by the window. You started the conversation, "So, how did you and the boys meet?"

"Well, they knew each other since they were in gradeschool, but I met them during Middle School. I transferred.", Kris said and sipped his drink.

"I see.", You nodded your head. "Lay told us that your group had a name."

Kris laughed and nodded. "Yeah. Back when we were in Middle School, the six of us were called EXO-M."

You laughed.

"I know. It's too childish isn't it?", Kris shook his head while grinning.

"Anni. It's cute.", you told him. "I wonder what little Kris looks like." You started laughing while imagining a little Kris.

"Yah! Do you really think I'm funny when I was little?", he asked you. You nodded while laughing. THem Kris started explaining, "I'm a handsome kid you know. And all of the girls fell for me during gradeschool and Middle School. It was my looks that made me the leader of EXO-M."

You stopped laughing and started thinking on where you heard the name EXO.

EXO? Sounds familiar.

"EXO? Where did you get your group name?", you asked curiously.

"I dunno. The boys already named their group before I even joined them.", he told you.

"Ah, I see.But how did you became their leader?", you asked.

"Well, they told me that they need a new leader so I decided to join them.", he said.

"New leader?", you asked again. He nodded.

"Tao said that when they were in gradeschool, EXO had 11 members.", Kris said.

"11?!!", you asked shocked. He nodded again. He was about to say more when his phone rang.

 

"Hello?" "What?!" "Fine. I'll be there. ", Kris said. He then touched his nosebridge.

You looked at your watch and you were shock that it's already 10 in the evening. You were too busy talking with Kris that you didn't even notice the time.

"I gotta go.", you both said at the same time. The both of you smiled.

You went outside and it was raining. You didn't bring your umbrella. You cursed yourself. You held out your hand and felt the coldness of the rain.

"Let me guess, you didn't bring your umbrella did you?", a husky voice from behind you said. You turned around and saw Kris. You smiled and shook your head. "I knew it.", Kris laughed. "Come on, I'll take you to the bus stop."

The both of you were waiting at the bus stop and it was raining really hard. "It's cold.", you said.

"Yeah. I wonder what Tao's doing.", Kris said.

"Tao? Why?", you asked.

"He had a fever.", Kris said. "And I don't know what to do." You can see the worry in his eyes. You admire his caringness with his friends. Thinking about it made your heart skip a beat. You held your chest. Just then the bus came.

Before you ride the bus, you gave your phone number to Kris and you told him to call him if Tao needs something. Kris nodded.

 

Your eyebrows knitted together. You pulled out your phone from your bag and texted Kiseop. But,he didn't reply. You tried calling him, but he was not answering. He was suppose to pick you up to have your dinner, and it was already past 9.

Where could he be?

 

You received a text from Leighn.

Yah! Where are you? Kiseop's leaving in less than 2 hours! -Leighn

What?!!! Leaving?!!!

 

Where will he go? What do you mean? Where are you? -You

I'm at the airport right now. I'll explain everything when you get here. -Leighn

 

You arrived at the airport after an hour and a half. You saw Leighn with Lay. Kris and Luhan were with them.

"What took you so long? God!", Leighn said worried that you won't be able to see Kiseop again.

"What's going on?", you asked totally confused.

"Kiseop's going in Singapore. His father had a heart attack.", Leighn said. Your eyes widened.

"Heart attack?!", you started panicking. You opened your mouth, but Leighn interrupted you. "He'll be going in Singapore and there's a possibility that you won't be able to see him again."

Your heart dropped. "There's still 20 minutes, go find him and tell him what you've been wanting to tell him. Hurry!", Leighn said.

"What will I say to him?", you asked.

"Hug him. Kiss him. Whatever. Tell him that everything's gonna be alright.", Leighn said.

"Rai Nee!!!! Wait! I'll come with you.", Leighn said.

You ran as fast as you could to find him. But you were too late.

You fell down on your knees. Kiseop.

Tears started streaming down your face.  Leighn went down on her knees and hugged you. You were crying, you weren't crying because you're hurt, you weren't crying because you're sad, you were crying because there's just so much to regret. Regret that you haven't shown him how much you truly love him. Regret that you weren't able to hug him, or kiss him. Regrets. Just full of regrets.

 

Lay, Kris and Luhan were panting when they got on your spot. They ran as well too. Kris saw you crying and he felt something unnecessary. He knew that whenever you're hurt, there was a part of him that hurt as well.

Your phone beeped.

 

I'll be back Rai Nee. Wait for me. Saranghae. -Kiseop