Chapter 23

True Love

A SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU. NOT EDITTED.

 

You were busy walking down the street. You wanted to distract yourself. It has already been three months since your break up with Kiseop. It has been three months since the last time you saw him and talk to him. There was still so much pain in your heart. You never thought that your first heartbreak would hurt this much. You sighed. Until when. When will I stop being hurt? Your eyes started to water, but you were strong enough to hold it back in.

You went to an ice cream shop to buy an ice cream. You were busy thinking about the flavor that you want to eat when you saw someone very familiar. "Rai Nee?", Kris said with wide eyes. You greeted him awkwardly. Both of you went to the cashier to pay for your ice cream. You were taking out your wallet when Kris touched your hands, "I'll be paying for it. Don't worry." You looked at him and said, "But--", then he cut you off. "I'll pay.", Kris insisted. You ended up nodding your head. Both of you went outside the shop with your ice cream on your hands. "Since we're just here, how would you think if we take a walk?", Kris said. You just shrugged your shoulder. It was weird. You felt weird. But it was a good kind or weird. The awkwardness that you felt earlier was gone.

It has already been one and a half hour since the two of you had been talking. You were laughing at his stories. "I can't believe you gave Tao a Spongebod underwear on his birthday!", both of you laughed. "I know right. You should've seen his face. He was humiliated in front of all EXO-M.", Kris laughed while telling you the story. He looked at you, "See? You're smiling again.", he said.

You smiled at him and looked at him seriously, "Ahm. Kris?", you said. You gripped your pants. He looked at you with his raised eyebrows, and hummed as a reply. "Ahm, I never got the chance to tell you this, but ahm,", you took a deep breath and looked at him, "THANK YOU.", you finally said. Kris looked at you, he felt your sincerity. He smiled at you. Though you never said why you're thankful, he knew it already so he didn't have to ask. He nodded his head. "Hey, if you always need someone to lean on, I'm always here for you. Do you understand?", he said as he patted your head. You felt yourself blush.

Kris was walking you to the bus stop. It will take about 20 minutes to walk to the bus stop from your destination. But you didn't really mind. You were with Kris anyway. But, it was really cold outside especially that it's already late in the evening. You never expected that you'll go home late in the evening so you only wore a thin cardigan, but it's a good thing you were wearing pants. But it was really cold and your cardigan was not keeping you warm at all. You rubbed your hands together. Kris noticed that you are cold. He looked at you and he carefully touched your hands, "Hey. Your hands are freezing.", he said. You nodded your head. Kris laughed at you. "You should've told me earlier.", he said. He took off his hoodie jacket and handed it to you. "Here.", he said as he offered you his jacket. You looked at him, "But--", but then, he cut you off. "It's alright. I'm wearing thick clothes.", he said.

You didn't move an inch and he was still holding his jacket. Kris got annoyed. "God! Rai Nee, take it already.", he said. You laughed at him and you thought of playing with him so you refused to get the jacket. "But I don't want to.", you said. He glared at you. You wanted to annoy Kris, you somehow find it funny when he's getting annoyed. Kris took a deep breath and carefully tossed his hoodie on your face. You gasped at his sudden action. You took the jacket off from your face and saw Kris's stupid face laughing at you. Now you were the one who was annoyed. You glared at him. "I'm really having fun when you're annoyed.", he said. You glared at him, "Whatever.", you mumbled. Just then you found yourself laughing with him as well.

It has been 15 minutes since you were walking with Kris. While the two of you were walking, you noticed that Kris was slowing down. You looked at him, "Hey, are you alright?". He looked at you and said, "Of course. Let's go.", he said. Just then, you saw his lips trembling. You bursted out laughing. He looked at you with confusion. "You're cold aren't you?", you asked. He looked at his feet, "Of course not.", he said defending himself. Goddamnit. It's freaking negative one thousand degrees outside. What the hell. You touched his hands and your eyes widened. "OhmyGod Kris! You're really cold. I mean, really, really cold.", you said while laughing. "Do you want to get your jacket back?", you asked teasingly. He glared at you, "No. You're the one who needs it more.", he said. You smiled at him, you grabbed his hands and walked with him, "Let's go!".

"Wait here alright? I'll buy something first.", you told Kris. Kris nodded his head. You went inside a convenient store to buy hot chocolate for you and Kris to keep you warm. You paid the cashier. You went outside and saw Kris waiting patiently for you. You poked his shoulder. He turned around and saw you holding two cans of hot chocolate. You offered the hot chocolate to Kris, "Here. It'll keep you warm.", you said and handed him the hot chocolate. He quickly took it and place both his hands around the can. You laughed at him, "You were really cold, aren't you?", you said surely. He looked at you, "Shut up.", he mumbled knowing that you're teasing him. You laughed at him. You really find it funny when he's annoyed. He cleared his throat and looked at you, "Thank you.", he said. You looked at him and smiled. The two of you decided to stop by the park before heading to the bus stop.

You were sipping your hot chocolate when Kris suddenly spoke. "Rai Nee, remember what I told you before Kiseop's wedding day?" You looked at him. He swallowed. He looked at his feet and spoke, "I told you that from the moment I saw you cried for the first time, my heart hurt." You looked down at your feet, suddenly it doesn't feel so cold anymore. Kris continued speaking, "And I want to see you smiling always." You cleared your throat. You were still looking at your feet. Kris spoke, "Perhaps," Kris paused for a second, "do I like you?", he asked.

You cleared your throat. You finally had the urge to look at him. "Probably not.", you said not really sure what to tell him. You didn't know what to tell him. Suddenly, it became so awkward again. So to break the ice, you finally spoke, "It's really late. I should really get home." Kris nodded his head, "You're right. I'll walk you to the bus stop.", he said. You shook your head, "No. It's okay. I'm fine. I can go there alone. Bye!", you waved your hand at him and walked yourself to the bus stop. Kris didn't even had the chance to say goodbye to you.

You were inside the bus. You looked outside the window and sighed. You were about to get your phone in your pocket when you realized that you were still wearing Kris's hoodie. You mentally slapped yourself. After that moment in the park, you really didn't want to see Kris. You blamed the cold weather.

 

Kris was still at the park still thinking. Do I really like Rai Nee?  His eyebrows were knitted together. He was deep in thoughts. I usually confess to girls so easily. But now. Ugh! He grabbed his hair from frustration, "Just why is it getting harder to confess?!!!"

You went inside the apartment and saw Leighn still awake. She was busy making some documents for their company. "Hi Leighn.", you greeted her. "Hi.", Leighn simply said. You knew that she was busy so you decided not to disturb her. You went inside your room and jumped on your bed. You covered yourself with a pillow. You grabbed your hair from frustration, "Just why is this happening?!!!".

It's already 2 in the morning and you weren't asleep yet. You can't sleep because your feelings were bothering you. Were you forcing yourself? Are you in denial? Will you accept Kris's feelings? Or will you push him away?