Chapter 19

True Love

Kiseop and Ah Ra were eating dinner. Ah Ra was really curious about Kiseop so she asked, "Do you like someone?" Kiseop stopped eating and looked at Ah Ra, he nodded. Ah Ra smiled at him, "Of course. At least you're normal." Ah Ra wasn't surprised that Kiseop likes someone, she knew it the first time she saw him, and she was right. There's something in her that made her feel sad, but she saw it coming so she doesn't have the right to get hurt, besides, she doesn't feel anything towards Kiseop. At least, that's what she thought.

Kiseop looked at Ah Ra, "I have a girlfriend, so don't expect me to treat you like my real wife in the future." Yoo Ah Ra felt a pang in her heart, she knew that Kiseop will never treat her like a real wife, but there was something in her that pained her a lot, and it was the fact that Kiseop will never be the husband she had dreamed in her whole life. "I see.", Ah Ra said. Kiseop felt sorry for Ah Ra, he didn't intend to be harsh on her. Ah Ra smiled and said, "Your girlfriend, is she doing okay? I mean, about our arranged marriage". Kiseop's eyes widened, he remembered his appointment with you. He looked at his pocket to get his phone and realized that he forgot it. Kiseop stood up and ran to his car leaving Ah Ra behind.

Ah Ra saw Kiseop disappearing from his sight. She felt sad being alone. She pulled out her phone from her bag and texted her bestfriend.

Yah. Where are you? -Ah Ra

Why? Something wrong? -Ah Ra's bestfriend

 

 

Kiseop was disappointed not seeing you in the park. He looked everywhere for you, but you weren't there anymore. Kris brought you at Baek's place where the EXO-K was also staying. Kiseop was panting when he saw a familiar guy eating an ice cream. The guy looked at Kiseop and squinted his eyes. Just then, both their eyes widened. "Kiseop?" "SooHyun?" Both of them approached each other and gave each other a hug followed by a high-five. "God, I haven't seen you for a long time.", SooHyun said while smililng at Kiseop. "Me too. The last time I saw you was when we were in middle school. How was New York?", Kiseop asked. "It was fine. Yah, I heard you've got yourself a girlfriend, and you're going to be married soon." Kiseop smiled, "Yup. That's true." SooHyun and Kiseop were classmates during their middle school. But SooHyun left for America to study. SooHyun looked at Kiseop and started teasing him, "So, who's the lucky lady?" Just before Kiseop could answer, SooHyun's phone beeped, "Oh, Kiseop, I'm sorry. I have to go. See you at your wedding. Don't forget to invite me.", SooHyun said and waved his hands at Kiseop.

Kiseop looked everywhere for you. He looked at all the restaurants but you weren't there. He's been looking for you the whole night and he was only wearing his sleeves and pants. He can't stand the cold anymore so he decided to go home. He went to his place and hurriedly get his phone to call you. He kept on calling you but you didn't answer his calls. He grabbed his hair from frustration and went to have a cold shower. Right after he showered, he kept on calling you.

Baekhyun was watching his favorite TV show when you and Kris knocked on his door. His eyes widened seeing you look so pale. He immediately got a blanket and covered it to your whole body. "What happened?", Baek asked. You opened your mouth to explain but Baekhyun stopped you, "Don't talk. You're freaking sick.", then he glanced at Kris. Kris looked at Baek and explained what happened. Baek got pissed off, "What the. He did that to my cousin? How dare he?!!!!".

The boys from upstairs heard the ruckus so they went downstairs. When they saw you, all of them had big eyes. "What happened?", Suho asked. Sehun and Kai looked at each other, Kai glared at Sehun and said, "You did that to her, didn't you?!!", Kai accused Sehun. Sehun's eyes widened, "Yah! How can you accuse me like that?! I was playing with you the whole day.", Sehun blurted out. Kai realized that Sehun was right so he nodded his head, "Ahhhhh. You're right." Sehun glared at Kai. Chanyeol went to your side and felt your forehead, "You're head's burning. You're sick. You should get some rest. I'll buy medicine for you.", Chanyeol said. Kris stopped Chanyeol and said, "No, let me buy it." Suho stopped Kris and said, "No. Let DO buy her medicine.", DO's eyes widened, "But why should I buy it?". Suho looked at DO, "Because I need to talk with Kris to know what happened to Rai Nee." DO understood it so he went outside to buy Rai Nee her medicine.

You felt your phone vibrating, you looked at it and saw that it was Kiseop, you were too mad at him to answer his call so you just tossed your phone in the couch, you threw it harder than you expected so it went under the couch. "You sure you're not gonna look for  that?", Kris asked. You shook your head, "No." "But that's your phone, why'd you throw it?", Sehun asked. You realized what you've done so you hurriedly looked for it again. You looked at your phone and saw that Kiseop has called you 23 times already. But you weren't that stupid to forgive him immediately. You put your phone back in your pocket when you suddenly felt dizzy. Then you fainted.

Baek brought you to his room and covered you with his blanket, "Yah! Rai Nee, take some rest, Araseo?" You nodded your head, "Thanks." You closed your eyes and put yourself to sleep.

"So what happened? Really.", Suho asked seriously. Kris said, "Kiseop and Rai Nee were supposed to meet up with Kiseop but he was eating with Ah Ra, his fiance." Suho closed his eyes, "Fiance?", then opened his eyes and said, "Kiseop has a fiance?" Kris nodded his head and explained everything to Suho. From the time you went to Singapore, and when Kiseop's dad died, and Kiseop's company, then the arranged marriage. Suho shook his head, "Poor Rai Nee."

 

Ah Ra went home after seeing her bestfriend. She jumped into her bed and had some random thoughts. He'll never treat me like his wife, won't he? She remembered her conversation with Kiseop and her eyes started to water. I dreamt of a fairytale wedding. A wedding where true love exists. Where both love each other. I was stupid enough to believe in Fairytales. In our world, true love just don't exist. In our world. it's all about business, money. It's hard being an elit, but it's harder to marry someone who will never see me as a wife and as a woman.

 

You woke up and started to sneeze. It was still too early. You got yourself a cold. You went downstairs and found Baek sleeping on the couch. You remembered that he let you sleep on his bed. "Pabo, you should've woke me up Baek.", you told him, "Thanks couz. You're the best cousin ever." You felt someone behind you and said, "But I'm the best bestfriend ever.", Suho smiled and ruffled your hair. You smiled at him and playfully removed his hand from your hair. "Why are you so early today?", you asked him. "To make breakfast.", Suho said while walking into the kitchen. You watched as he started cooking and was amazed at his cooking skills. You had your break fast with all the EXO-K and it made you feel happy somehow.

 

It's already Sunday. Which means it's Kiseop and Ah Ra's engagement party already. It was already noon when you woke up. Leighn prepared your lunch. Both of you ate your lunch. Leighn looked at you, "Are you sure you're gonna come?" .You nodded your head.

 

You were wearing a black dress and Leighn was wearing a pink one. The two of you looked so beautiful. You looked at the mirror And your heart felt so heavy that you can't even walk. He's really getting married soon. You took a deep breath and smiled at Leighn, "Shall we go?" Leighn nodded her head. Lay was waiting outside in his car. You smiled at him. EXO was invited since they were Kiseop's friends.

 

Yoo Ah Ra was still inside her room. She looked at herself in the mirror and felt like crying. Suddenly, her bestfriend came inside. "Wow, if it isn't my Yoo Ah Ra looking beautiful like an angel.", her bestfriend said. "Yah! Shin Soohyun!", Ah Ra slapped Soohyun and started crying. Soohyun hugged her and said, "Look, I know you don't want this. And I don't want it either. Actually, I hate it." Ah Ra stopped crying. SooHyun remembered their conversation the last time at the park.

"SooHyun-ah, I have somethin to tell you.", Ah Ra said looking down at her food. SooHyun kept eating and said, "What is it? Hey. are you still gonna eat that?". Ah Ra shook her head, SooHyun stopped chewing. Seeing Ah Ra behave like this, he knew that it is something important. He put down his chopsticks and looked at Ah Ra, "What is it?". Ah Ra finally had the urge to say it, "I'm getting married soon." SooHyun's eyes widened, "What? Married? To whom?". Ah Ra nodded her head. "Lee Kiseob. Kiseop." Soohyun's eyes widened. "Kiseop?!!!" . Ah Ra looked up at Soohyun who was already standing from his chair, Ah Ra asked, "Yah, what's wrong?". Soohyun looked at Ah Ra and explained everything, "Remember when we were in middle school, when I studied in an all-boy-school, and you studied in an all-girl-school and both of us cried because we're gonna be separated from each other and we felt so sad--", Soohyun stopped talking when he saw Ah Ra already glaring at him. He sat back at his chair and swallowed, "Well, Kiseop was my friend during middleschool." Ah Ra's eyes widened. "You're friends with him?!!!", Ah Ra said shocked. Soohyun nodded his head, "You've even met him, I guess. Once."  Ah Ra looked at Soohyun confused, "I've met him already?", Ah Ra said.

The two of them were talking for two whole hours already. Just then, the happy atmosphere shifted to a sad one. Ah Ra's thoughts went back to Kiseop. "An arranged marriage.", Ah Ra mumbled out of nowhere. Soohyun felt sad for Ah Ra. "Will he be able to love me as his wife?", Ah Ra asked seriously. Soohyun smiled at her and sat next to her then gave her a hug. "Of course.", he said confidently. "Eventhough he has a girlfriend?", Ah Ra asked looking down at her feet. Soohyun froze, "Girlfriend?", Ah Ra nodded her head. Soohyun felt Ah Ra's sadness radiate around him. Ah Ra was hurt. Soohyun looked at Ara and gave her a sympathetic hug. "Don't worry. You'll be alright. I'm always here for you." Soohyun knew that his bestfriend was hurt. He was just not sure if Ah Ra's hurt because of an arranged marriage, or the fact that the man she's about to marry loves another girl. Soohyun thought, 'I cant believe my bestfriend's going to be married soon with a man named Kiseop.'

Soohyun snapped out of reality and kept on talking, "But hey, how can you do this to me? Why are you getting married. What happened to our promise? You promised that you'll marry me." Ah Ra hit his chest with her hands and glared at him, "Yah! I never said that!!!" Soohyun laughed. "I know. I'm just kidding around. But, you're still mine. Araseo? As long as my angel isn't married yet, you're still mine." Hearing the word, 'marry' made Ah Ra's heart sank. She can't believe that she's going to be married soon. Soohyun looked at Ah Ra, he knew that his bestfriend felt sad, and it pains him. It hurt him because he can't do anything to stop the wedding. It hurt him because he knew that Kiseop loves another girl, but no matter what, he promised Ah Ra that he will always be there whenever no one wants to catch her. It would've been okay if Ah Ra doesn't feel anything towards Kiseop. But SooHyun knows better, no matter how much Ah Ra denies it, he knew that Ah Ra is inlove with Kiseop. Ah Ra was Soohyun's bestfriend eversince. The two of them are so close that they can even fart on each other's faces, and seeing his bestfriend like this hurts him as how it hurts Ah Ra.

"You should get ready. And fix your make-up. Your face looks like a mess because of all your crying.", Soohyun told Ah Ra. Ah Ra's eyes widened, "I look like a mess? Oh no!!!". Ah Ra looked at the mirror then back at Soohyun. Ah Ra glared at her, she actually looked fine. "Whatever. I hate you.",Ah Ra said while glaring at Soohyun. "But I know you don't. I love you angel.", Soohyun kissed Ah Ra's forehead.

 

 

Kiseop was waiting at their car. He was waiting for his mother. Mrs Lee came out wearing a red long gown. Kiseop looked at his Mom, "How do I look son?", she asked Kiseop. Kiseop smiled and told her, "You look beautiful Mom." 

 

You arrived at the party. You saw lots of men in suits. You stared at how lovely the chandelier was. Just then, Lay waved at the other EXO members. They were sitting at the table 10 meters away from the spot where you, Leighn and Lay were standing. The three of you walked towards their table and sat. You were beside Kris, and Leighn was on your right.

The music started playing, which means that the party's starting. The host announced the arrival of the newly engaged couple. But the  couple hasn't come out yet.

 

Kiseop and Ah Ra was already at the backstage. Kiseop was waiting for Ah Ra to tuck her hands into his arms, but Ah Ra is so stubborn that she does't want to. "Yoo Ah Ra. Hurry. The guests are waiting." Ah Ra had no choice so she held unto his hands.

Ah Ra looked at Kiseop, she wasn't so sure on how she felt when Kiseop held her hand. She looked at the guests, she saw Soohyun smiling at her. Seeing her bestfriend made her feel less stressed. She shifted her gaze back to Kiseop surprised that Kiseop was looking at her already. "Remember our agreement? This is only for our parents for the success of our companies.", Kiseop said. Ah Ra's heart suddenly felt heavy. So this is really just for our company. Not true love. The host entered the backstage and told the couple that they have to come out already. Both of them walked towards the center of the stage.

 

You looked at the couple and your heart felt heavy. Everyone was clapping their hands, and you couldn't. Kris touched your hand and squeezed it making sure that you'll be alright. You looked at him then shifted your gaze back at the couple. Seeing them holding each others arms hurt you a lot. You felt a pang in your heart. You held back your tears. Leighn noticed you, she tried to hold your hand but stopped when she saw that you were holding Kris's hand tightly. Leighn thought, Why are you trying so hard to be strong Rai Nee? You don't have to pretend that it's alright for you. You're hurting yourself too much. Leighn shifted her gaze back at the couple. You tried your best to hold back your tears.

The host introduced the newly engagged couple. Just then, the guests started hitting their glass with their spoon. It was creating clang of noises. Kiseop and Ah Ra looked at each other knowing what that means. Kiseop coughed and Ah Ra swallowed. Their hearts were beating so fast. Just then, the host said through her microphone, "I guess you two don't know what that sound means, but I'm pretty sure that the guests want to see you two kiss." The host smiled at them. The guests were just too stubborn to stop and Ah Ra was wishing to let all the guests explode one by one. Kiseop looked at Ah Ra and Ah Ra looked at him. When their eyes met, Kiseop kissed Ah Ra's cheek. The guests started booing. One of the guest said, "What is this? High School? Come on man!". Ah Ra was wishing for the floor to just eat her up. She wanted to ran, she decided to tell Kiseop about her plan. She galnced at Kiseop and felt her lips touched his. Kiseop felt butterflies in his stomach as he kissed Ah Ra. He wanted to stop but couldn't. Ah Ra's eyes widened. Kiseop slowly closed his eyes and felt Ah Ra's lips against his. The guests clapped their hands. Ah Ra went back to reality and pulled out from the kiss. Kiseop opened his eyes and realized what he just did. His heart was beating so fast so he tried his best to act normal. Ah Ra touched her chest to calm her racing heart and smiled at the guests to act naturally.

You swallowed when you heard the guests hit their glasses with their spoon. You knew what that means. Leighn looked at you and said, "Do you want to go?" You just shook your head. Kiseop kissed Ah Ra's cheek and it pained you. You looked down at your feet. You shifted your gaze back at them and saw Kiseop leaning closer to Ah Ra, you took a deep breath and got yourself ready for what will happen, you wanted to look at Kiseop's face, at Kiseop's eyes. You took a deep breath ready to see the both of them kiss when Kris suddenly covered your eyes with his hands. You felt relieved that you didn't see it. But you wanted to see what Kiseop's reaction was when he kissed Ah Ra. Is he scared? Is he nervous? Did he feel anything towards Ah Ra? You wanted to know the answer to these questions. You held back your tears. I'm not gonna cry. Just then, Luhan saw Kris slowly removing his hands from your eyes. Luhan whispered to Tao what he saw. The both of them looked at you with sympathetic eyes.

The guests were already eating their food. You went to the table to get some juice. You turned around when you suddenly bumped into someone and spilled your drink to her dress. You looked at her and apologized, "Sorry. I'm really sorry." Your eyes widened when you saw that it was Ah Ra. Ah Ra shook her head, "No it's okay. I wasn't looking." You were too surprised to notice that she was infront of you. But this simple incident caught a lot of attention. "Geez, I can't believe that Kiseop's gonna marry a clumsy woman.", one of the female guest said. You looked at Ah Ra and saw her wanted to cry. Ah Ra held back her tears. She was humiliated in front of everyone. The girl bumped Ah Ra causing her juice to spill on your dress. Now both of your dresses are stained. Kiseop went to the spot to know what the fuss is all about. Kiseop saw Ah Ra's glass in her hands and saw your wet dress. His jaw dropped. You and Ah Ra looked at the guy standing between you two "Kiseop.", both of you said at the same time. When Kiseop arrived, the guests went back to their own businesses. "What happened?", Kiseop asked. "Well, I spilled my juice on her acc---", Ah Ra said. Kiseop stared at Ah Ra and glared at her causing Ah Ra to stop midsentence. Ah Ra's eyes widened seeing Kiseop so angry at her. Kiseop stared at you and grabbed your wrist and brought you outside. Ah Ra was left behind, just then Soohyun came and told her, "Geez. Come here. Let's fix that mess." Ah Ra went with Soohyun inside the dressing room.

 

Kiseop looked at you and gave you a handkerchief. You refused to get it. You were still mad at him for ditching you last time at the park. Kiseop knew you were mad at him. "Look, Rai Nee, I'm sorry.", Kiseop said. You looked at Kiseop and you knew that he was sincere. He continued talking, "I'm sorry if I haven't texted you. I'm really sorry.", you just looked at him. Kiseop grabbed his hair from frustration and said, " Can't you just forgive me already?", you just stared at your feet, you were still hurt. "Rai Nee, I'm really, really, really sorry. I even came to the park to look for you eventhough it's 14 degrees out there. And I was just wearing my coat. I looked for you the whole night.  Do you know how cold it was out there?", he told you. You finally looked at him and said, "I waited for you for six whole hours and it was snowing and it was just freaking cold. So yes, I know it was cold out there.". Kiseop looked at you and saw your sad eyes. He slowly grabbed your body against him and emraced you. And that was it, you started crying. "I'm sorry Rai Nee. I'm really sorry.", Kiseop said and kissed your forehead.

 

Ah Ra was staring outside her window. She saw you and Kiseop talking with each other. "So I guess that girl is his girlfriend.", Ah Ra said. Soohyun looked at the windowand said, "Yeah. That's my guess too." He looked at Ah Ra, "Are you okay?". Ah Ra nooded her head, "I'm okay." But deep inside, Ah Ra was hurt. Eventhough she doesn't feel anything towards Kiseop, it still hurt her. She can't believe that Kiseop got angry at her when she spilled juice on you. She knew that Kiseop has a girlfriend and has the right to be angry at her, but what happened was an accident. She can't believe that an elit woman like her was humiliated infront of everyone. I can't believe he hasn't notice that my dress was wet too. Ah Ra was hurt because Kiseop never let her finish talking. He never let her explain what truly happened. But what hurt her the most was that Kiseop accused her that she did it on purpose. Yes, she was hurt. Afterall, Ah Ra is Kiseop's fiance, and you were just his girlfriend.