Chapter 3

True Love

It was the first day of work. Finally, it's time for me to work. I was wearing a black top with white blazer and a fitted skirt. And of course I didn't forget to bring his wallet.

 

 

 

*At work*

"Good Morning SIr.", I greeted the Vice President. "Morning.", he said without even looking at me. Well that was rude. You're handsome but pretty rude.

He noticed me staring at him. "Do you need something?", he asked finally noticing me. "Oh-uhm. Nothing. What can I do to help you?", I asked.

He smiled. "Coffee.", he ordered. "Huh?", I asked with a confused look at my face.

"I said coffee. Bring me one.", he instructed me while smirking.

"Oh. Yes sir.", I replied bowing 90 degrees.

 

"Here.", I offered him the coffee. "Thank you.", he said and started sipping some coffee.

"You're pretty good on making coffee". He smiled at me.

"Thank you. I guess?", I said.

There was an awkward silence at the office.

"Miss.", he finally said breaking the silence.

"Hmm?", I said looking at him. "I prefer 'Yes Sir?' next time", he said arrogantly.

"Oops.", I let out a small fake laugh. "Sorry about that". 

He cleared his throat.

"What is it that you need Mr. Lee?", I asked.

"What was your name again?", he said staring at me.

"Ms. Lee Rai Nee.", I answered him. He is starting to get on my nerves. How can he not remember me? I am his secretary or heaven's sake. I rolled my eyes.

"Did you just do that?", he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Did what sir?", I asked acting like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"You just rolled your eyes at me.", he said.

"I--", I said.

"Okay. Ms. Lee kindly give this to Mr. Zhang.", he ordered me before I can even explain myself.

"Yes Sir. I'll bring it right away.", I told him while holding the files in my hands and exiting his office.

 

*At Mr. Zhang's office*

"Good Morning Mr. Zhang", I greeted him with a smile.

"Oh, Rai Nee. Come in, come in", he said while smiling. "Have a seat".

I took a seat infront of him. "How's first day of work?", he asked me.

"It's good.", I said smiling. "How's Mr. Lee?", he asked me.

Well, to be honest, he's rude. He's arrogant. He's BOSSY. And, he's freaking handsome. >___<

"Hmm. He's nice", I answered him. "Oh, and he wants me to bring this to you", I handed him the files.

"Oh, thank you. You can go now.", he said.

"Thank you Mr. Zhang", I told him while exiting his office.

 

 

*Lunchbreak*

Hmm. I'm tired looking at all these people in suits. I'll try to have a walk.

As I was walking, I discovered a stair leading to the rooftop of the building.

Oh. This seems like a nice place. I' guess I'll have my lunch here.

As I was eating, I remembered the guy beside me at the plane I was riding. That guy really has an amazing voice. I wonder what he looks like. Sometimes, I think he actually captivated my heart.  I giggled thinking about my thoughts about him.

"Why are you giggling? Are talking to yourself?". My heart skipped a beat, it was Lee Ki Sub. "Well, well. Looks like you've discovered my hiding place.", he said while getting one of my food and ate it. He smiled.

Ommo! Me and Lee Ki Sub on a rooftop having lunch together. HOW ROMANTIC! :">

I only stared at him while we were both eating my lunch. "Stop staring at me like that.", he said.

I looked away quickly. "I wasn't.", I said. "Oh really?", he asked me leaning forward to my face.

"Yah!", I shouted. He laughed. "You're pretty funny Rai Nee.", he said looking at the sky.

Did he just call me with my name? DId he just call me Rai Nee? Eeeek! I'm having a heart attack.

"Did you just call me Rai Nee?", I asked. "Yeah. Why? Something wrong with that? We're outside the office, aren't we?", he said smirking.

"Oh. So I guess I'll call you--",I said. "Oh no you don't. Call me Mr. Lee, we're still in the company.", he cut me off.

"Oh. Okay then, Mr. Lee.", I said smmiling at him.

"You look pretty when you smile.", he said. I can feel my face blushing.

"Then I guess I shall smile often.", I said jokingly.

"Yeah. Smile often.", he said looking at the view.

Ommo! He''s wallet. I must return it to him.

"Oh. Ahm, Mr. Lee?", I said. "Hmm?", he said staring at me.

"Is this yours?" I handed him the wallet.

"Yes. That's mine. I've been looking for that for days already.", he said getting the wallet from my hands. His fingers slightly brushed against mine.

"Good thing I found it.", I said smiling. "Where'd you found it? I remember I lost at the---", he said.

"At the airport.", I cut him off. "Yeah. At the airport. I bumped into this careless girl--", he said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yah. I know. I was in a hurry. Sorry about that.", I said shyly looking down at my feet.

"Ommo. That was you?", he asked surprised.

"Yeah. That was me.", I said. "So you were the girl beside me at the airplane.", he said nodding his head.

Ommo! It was him? The guy who has captivated my heart was Lee Ki Sub! I finally found him. 

We finally finished eating our, I mean, my lunch.

"You know, I heard you humming.", he said looking at my way.

I heard you humming too. And I hate you for that. You just hummed and then I fell for you. And now, you're infront of me making my heart race like hell.

"Hey.", he told me taking my thoughts away from  my head. "Oh. Sorry about that.", I said.

"Something wrong?", he asked. "No not really.", I told him.

"But why are you here if there's nothing wrong?", he asked. "Hmm? Why?", I asked.

"I only go here when something's wrong. Or if I'm not feeling okay.", he said looking down at his feet.

"Tell me what's wrong.", I asked. He was surprised that I asked him that question. I noticed his eyes widened.

"Well? You're here today right? Then that means something is wrong. TELL ME.", I demanded.

"Was that an order from my secretary?", he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I did found your wallet.", I said crossing both my arms and raising both my eyebrows.

"Meaning?", he asked me leaning forward to my face.

I backed away. "Meaning you have to tell me what's wrong.", I said.

"Okay. Well, Mr. Zhang declined my proposal.", he said and looked down at his feet. I noticed his face changed. He was sad.

"Let's get some ice cream.", I told him. "What?", he asked me totally not knowing what's happening.

"Ice cream. To cheer you up.", I said and smiled at him.

"You're weird. Come on!", he said. He stood up and grabbed my hands to lift me up.

 

*At the store*

"What do you want?", he asked me. "Anything will do.", I said.

I got myself a chocolate ice cream and he got himself a vanilla ice cream. I took out my wallet when-- "Oh. Let me pay.", he said touching my hands.

I gulped and felt myself blushed. "Are you sure?", I said shyly. "Yup.", he said.

He's different when we're not inside the office. He's more kind, friendly and sweet. I guess he really loves his work.

We exited the store. I looked at my watch and noticed that it was already one in the afternoon.

"Ommo! We're late!", I panicked making my eyes widened.

He laughed and looked at me. "But I'm still here.", he said.

"Huh?", I asked totally confused. "I'm your boss remember? You're not late unless your boss is earlier than you.", he said tilting his head.

"Oh yeah. I totally forget about that.", I said.

"Which means you were late earlier.", he said looking at me.

"Oops. Sorry about that.", I said looking down at my feet.

"It's okay. It's your first day of work anyway.", he said. "Let's head back to the office.", he said walking forward. I walked behind him.

 

At last, work is done. I was about to go home when-- "Thanks for today. You helped me cheer up.", Lee Ki Sub said.

I blushed. "Uhm, no problem. Anytime.", I smiled at him.

"Bye Ms. Lee.", he said waving his hands and smilling.

"Bye.", I said while smiling.