Chapter 31

True Love

A VERY VERY SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU.

Dahil dai ko napalitan su notes mo sa phone, ma-update na lang ako. Yo?

 

You blushed as you enter your room. Your heart was still beating really fast. You took a shower and decided to go to sleep. You were forcing yourself to sleep but you can't help but think about Kris. And you weren't just thinking about Kris, you were thinking about the kiss. He was your first kiss anyway. You gave up and decided to get a glass of water. You touched the pitcher but your mind changed, you suddenly craved for a hot chocolate. You were holding your hot chocolate. You sipped some of it and you decided to go outside your balcony hoping that it would help you clear your mind.

You took a deep breath and looked at the sky. You sip some of your hot choco when you heard a man's voice, "Is that coffee?", Kris asked. You almost choked on your hot choco. Kris was also outside his balcony. You coughed and looked at him, "Yah! Stop scaring me like that! God.", you told him. He laughed at you. You glared at him and you said, "And it's not coffee. It's hot chocolate.". Kris nodded his head and looked at the sky, "Can that help you fall asleep?", he asked. You looked at your hot choco and said, "Maybe."

Kris looked at you and said, "I can't sleep you know." Your eyes softened a bit. You were about to say something when you heard him say, "Wait. Is that why you're drinking hot choco?". You looked at him confused, "What?", you asked. He crossed both his arms and said, "You can't sleep too. Am I right?". You looked at him and you ended up nodding your head. He smiled at you and said, "You're thinking about our kiss aren't you?", he accussed. Your eyes widened. You said, "Yah!!!! Who said anything about me thinking about our kiss?!!". Kris just shook his head and said, "Oh please. Stop denying it Rai Nee."

You glared at him and you said, "And why would I think about our kiss? It's not like it's our first time---", then you stopped and covered your mouth. Kris looked at you surprised. You were so embarrassed that you wanted the ground to eat you up at that moment. Saying that means that you were actually thinking about the kiss. You walked inside your hotel leaving a shocked Kris on the other balcony.

 

 

 

It was already Wednesday. You only got two weeks before the presentation of your blueprints. You've been working for it for two weeks already. You were so tired that you all you wanted to do right now was rest. But there's no time for you to rest. You went inside the Yao's company and looked for Mr Yao's secretary.

Mr Yao's secretary arrived and she called you, "Ms Lee?". You raised your hand and gave her a smile. "Right this way Ma'am.", she told you. She directed you at a small cubicle and she said, "Kindly submit your blueprint here." Your eyes widened. You asked the secretary, "Wait. Submit my blueprint?". She nodded her head. Then you asked, "Does that mean Mr Yao is going to choose in these pile of blueprints?". The secretary answered, "Yes. He will choose the best blueprint." You swallowed. You felt your insides flip. You nodded your head and put your blueprint on the table, "Okay then. Thank you."

 

You arrived at your room and grabbed your hair from frustration. You called Mr Zhang and told him everything. He said through the phone, "I trust you Rai Nee. You can do it." You took a deep breath. You didn't want Mr Zhang to be disappointed at you so you tried to make your presentation. You haven't been sleeping for three nights now. You grabbed your phone and read Kris' messages.

Hey Rai Nee. What are you doing? -Kris

I'm working. Later. -You

 

You continued doing your work when you heard your phone beep. It was Kris. Again.

Hey. Can I see you? You've been ignoring me for three days now. -Kris

Your eyes softened as you read his text message. You took a deep breath. You touched your eyes and replied

Where do you want to meet? -You

 

Just then you you heard a knock on the door. It was Kris. He was holding a plastic bag. "Hey.", he said. You said, "Hey.". Just then, he walked pass by you and entered your room. Your eyes widened, "Yah!!! What are you doing inside my room?", you shouted. Kris ignored you and he went to the living room. He placed the plastic bag on the table. You looked at him and you saw him bring out some chicken. You laughed. He called you, "Come on Rai Nee. Let's eat our dinner." You smiled at him.

You walked towards the living room and you sat down beside Kris. "So, what are you working on?", he asked. You just shrugged your shoulders and said, "Just some stupid stuff." He looked at you and smiled, "I see. I've been doing some stupid stuff too inside my office. It's a pain in the...head.", he said. You sighed, "Tell me about it."

"Here have some chicken.", Kris said offering you the chicken. He was feeding you. You opened your mouth and ate the chicken. You smiled at him. "My turn.", he said. You looked at him, "What?". He looked at you and said, "Feed me too." You put on a blank face and you wanted to kick his stupid face. You got a piece of chicken and you violently fed him causing Kris to almost choke on his food. He glared at you, "YAH!!!!", he said. You laughed at him. "What are you? Some kind of a kid?", you told him. Kris looked at you and said, "Aisht. I was doing things that couples are supposed to do.". You gave him a sly smile and you told him, "And you think couples these days feed each other with food?". He nodded his head and smiled. "Stupid.", you mumbled. He looked at you and said, "But they also do this---" He cupped your face with his hands and closed his eyes. And then, he kissed you. Your eyes widened, you didn't see that coming. You were about to pull out from the kiss when Kris deepened the kiss. You felt him smile through the kiss.

He pulled out from the kiss and looked at you. You were catching your breath. You touched your chest and you smack his head. "YAH!!!", you shouted. Kris touched his head to stop it from hurting. "What the hell?!!!", he shouted. Then both of you started laughing.

You made coffee for you and Kris. You gave him the coffee. You were about to drink some when your phone beeped, It was a message from Mr Yao's secretary. You shook your head. You looked at Kris and saw him holding his phone. He looked at you and said, "Hey, I'd better go. See you tomorrow." You nodded your head. Then he walked away from you. Okaaaay. Bye. You felt sad seeing him leave you behind. You saw him stop and faced you again. He was walking towards you and you heard him say, "I forgot something." You smiled expecting that he'd hug you. He got his jacket behind you and said, "I forgot my jacket." You faked a smile and nodded your head. Then he said, "I also forgot this--". Then he kissed your cheek before heading outside. You felt yourself blush.