Chapter 16

True Love

You woke up late in the afternoon with a heavy heart.

You decided not to go to work today so you just slept. What happened yesterday really gave you a pang in the heart.

You looked at your phone once, maybe twice or maybe thrice. You keep on waiting for him, but you knew that he's having a hard time right now. The whole night you were crying and Leighn didn't leave you until you fell asleep.

 

It's been a week already. You went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. You were very thirsty and you were really really dehydrated. You saw some food on the table and you smiled. Leighn prepared it for you to feel better. You were very thankful to have a best freind like Leighn. 

Your phone beeped. You immediately looked at your phone and got disappointed that it was Leighn.

Rai Nee, don't forget to eat your lunch. Araseo? -Leighn

Gumawo. Thank you. -You

That's the only thing you've been doing. You keep saying Thank You, not because she made your lunch, or your dinner, but because you felt sorry for her because you've been acting like this for the whole week.

Yah! What happened to the strong girl, huh Rai Nee? You're strong aren't you?

 

You took a shower and you decided to have a walk. You put on your shoes when your phone beeped.

Hey it's me Kris. Are you doing something today? -Kris

No. Why? -You

Do you want to go somewhere? -Kris

Where? -You

Just wait, alright? I'll meet you at the bus stop. -Kris

Okay then. -You

 

You were near the bus stop and you saw Kris waved at you. You smiled at him.

"Where are we going?" you were too curious.

"I told you to just wait. Alright?", he told you. You glared at him, "Fine."

 

You two were riding the bus and you chatted.

"We're here.", Kris said while smiling. The ride took an hour and a half.

You arrived at a playground, there were children playing. And infront of the playground was a restaurant where couples are suppose to date. Kiseop immediately crossed your mind. I miss him.

Kris noticed your sad expression and he grabbed your hand and went to the playground. The two of you sat on the swing and talked with each other.

"Why did we go on a playground Kris?", you asked him.

"I don't know. It just remind me of my childhood.", he said.

"I see."

"When I was a kid, I used to go on a playground whenever I'm lonely. It's the only place I can be happy alone.", Kris said.

"Kris? Can I ask you something?", you awkwardly said. He gave you a hum as a response. "The girl on the bar, is she your?"

Kris laughed. "No, I've known Jessica for five years already and she likes me ever since. But I happen to not like her back."

You nodded your head. Kris looked at you, "So, how are things with Kiseop?"

You heart sank. Hearing Kiseop's name only made you miss him A LOT. You smiled and told Kris that everything's okay. "We're okay."

"You might be okay but I can tell you're not fine at all.", Kris told you. You tried your best not to let your tears fall down, but failed. You started to cry. Kris stared at you. "I hate seeing you cry. I know you're strong. But some people cry because they've been too strong for too long.". Kris stood up and walked towards you, he kneeled down and hugged you. He touched your head and patted it. You cried harder. You never showed your vulnerable side to anyone except Leighn, your family or your closest friends, and maybe this time to Kris. The both of you stayed like this for a long time.

 

 

Kiseop's dad died after 3 weeks. You went home sad after hearing that Kiseop's dad died already. I never had the chance to meet his Father.

 

 

It has already been more than a month since Kiseop left for Singapore. You heard Leighn and you went outside your room. She saw you and she hugged you. You hugged her tighter, "Leighn, I don't know what to do anymore. I miss him so much."

"I know. I know Rai Nee.", she told you, she let go of you and looked at you, "Do you want to go with me?"

You gave her a confused look.

She laughed at your reaction, "To Singapore. To go see your Kiseop."

You smiled and hugged her tighter. "Leighn! You're the best!"

Leighn looked at you and said "I know! But we're gonna stay for only five days alright?" You nodded and hugged her again.

 

You finished packing your things and you decided to go to Leighn's room. You knocked on her door, "Leighn?"

"Oh Rai Nee! What's wrong?", she asked you. You smiled at her. "I forgot to tell you that EXO-M's going as well. You know my Lay."

You rolled your eyes and laughed. "I know. I know. Lay just can't let you go."

"You're absolutely right. And I'm sure that Kiseop won't let you go either.", she said. Hearing Kiseop's name made your heart beat faster. You were very excited at the thought of seeing him again. You were looking forward to have a date with him, to tell him how much he means to you.

 

You arrived in Singapore at 6 in the evening. You were at the lobby of the hotel with Leighn and the EXO-M.

"Wow! This place is huge!", Luhan said with his eyes wide open. Tao's mouth was wide open as well.

Chen looked around and wondered if there are lots of girls in the hotel.

"I wonder if there are lots of food here. I'm gonna order some seafoods and some pasta--", Xiumin said while biting both his hands.

"Oh no you don't Xiumin! Dont. You. Dare. I know you're gonna use my credit card again.", Kris said while pointing his finger at Xiumin.

Lay and Leighn were busy preparing some stuff. They checked you in.

 

Lay and Leighn arrived at the lobby.

Lay was holding four keys. "Luhan and Chen. Kris and Tao. Me and Xiumin. Leighn and Rai Nee. Okay?" Lay gave the keys to each pair.

Lay hugged Leighn and told her that he'll see her later. Leighn kissed Lay's cheek and nodded.

"Yah! Only at the cheek? I want you to kiss my lips too!", Lay demanded. Leighn's face was red as tomato.

"Lay! Stop it!", Leighn said embarassed of her boyfriend. Just then Lay grabbed Leighn's waist and kissed her. Leighn wanted to let go but Lay only deepened the kiss. Leighn's knees got weak and decided to get lost in Lay's arms. She felt like the happiest girl in the world.

All of you rolled your eyes.

Chen acted like he was about to vomit. "Dude! I really can't believe how you got yourself a girlfriend. God! Lay!"

Luhan nodded, "I agree."

You laughed at their behavior.

 

You and Leighn went on the 23rd floor and was shocked on how big your room was. "Woah."

"I know right? This is just so huge.", Leighn said as she went inside your room. Leighn excitedly jumped at the bed. You looked through the window and saw the beautiful view of Singapore.

 

"Hey Rai Nee! Let's sleep. We still have to wake up early tomorrow.", Leighn said.

You nodded your head, "Araseo."

Leighn decided to take a shower before going to bed.

After taking a shower, you decided to go outside your terrace and think about some stuff. You went outside ad felt the cold breeze through your skin.

You were amazed by how beautiful the view was. "Hey!", a voice startled you. It was Kris, he was at the other terrace too.

"OhmyGod!!! You scared me.", you told Kris who was busy looking at the view too. He laughed at you.

"Why are you here?", you asked him. "I should be asking the same thing.", he told you.

"I can't sleep." You touched the bars of the terrace and thought about Kiseop.

"Me too.", Kris said. You looked at him. Before you can even say a word he looked at you and your eyes met. You forgot what you were about to say. Kris looked away and faked a cough. You felt the awkwardness in the air.

What the hell was that? Why is my heart beating so fast? You thought to yourself.

"I'm going in.", Kris said. You nodded your head. "You'd better go to sleep before you catch a cold. Your hair's wet.", Kris pointed at your hair.

You smiled at him. "Araseo. Good night Kris."

He nodded his head and smiled at you, "Goodnight."

 

 

It was already morning and you were ready to meet up with Kiseop. Leighn and the boys were going in the amusement park. You went to the EMPIRE COMPANY and had an appointment with him, but the secretary told you that Kiseop's schedule is hectic so he might not have time to meet up with you.

You were really really hungry so you decided to have your lunch at a restaurant nearby. While you were walking, you saw a familiar figure through the glass window. Your eyes widened. It was Kiseop, he was busy talking with other businessman. He was drinking coffee, he looked at your direction.

You saw him, but you weren't sure if he saw you. He looked at you and looked the other way. I guess he didn't see me. Of course, if he saw me, he should've waved or at least smiled at me.

You walked to the restaurant next to it, you ate your lunch. Your mind keeps thinking about Kiseop. But he did see me, didn't he?

You went outside to have a walk after eating lunch. Just then, you saw Kiseop went outside the restaurant. He was walking to his car, you ran after him. Before he could even go inside his car, you shouted his name. He looked at you.

He told the driver to wait, "Wait. I have to talk with someone." The driver nodded his head.

You saw him approaching you. You held back your tears. He was now standing infront of you. "Kiseop."

"Rai Nee.", he looked at you for 2 minutes. The two of you not saying anything with each other. He hugged you so tight that it was hard for you to breathe. You started to cry. "I've missed you.", Kiseop said and inhaled your scent. He kissed your head.

"Why didn't you answer my calls?", you asked letting go of his embrace. He looked at you and said, "I'm sorry. I was busy."

You nodded your head. "You're doing well right?" He looked at you and said yes. He was about to say something but the driver called him telling him that his meeting will start soon.

"I have to go Rai Nee. I'll explain everything, alright?", Kiseop told you.

 

You went inside your room and pulled out your phone from your pocket. You've got three messages, all from Leighn.

Yah. Have you seen Kiseop?

Were you able to talk with him?

Hey, are you okay?

 

You forced yourself to sleep. Just then, your phone beeped. It was a message from Kiseop.

 

We need to talk. I'm getting married soon. My mother agreed for an arranged marriage. -Kiseop

 

 

 

Okay. So I decided to change the plot. Hahahaha. You guys still don't know who'll end up with Lee Rai Nee right? Well, let's just say you'll know it, SOON. :))) -Author