Chapter 9

True Love

Kiseop went back to his place. Lay spinned the bottle again and it pointed at him.

"Dare.", Lay said.

"Okay. Honey, eat this.", Leighn said as she offered Lay some spicy food.

"No way!", Lay yelled. All of you knew that Lay doesn't like spicy food.

"Oh. Don't be such a baby! It's not that spicy.", Leighn insisted.

Lay gave in. "Fine." He ate one spoon and his face turned red as a tomato.

Everyone of you laughed.

 

Lay spinned the bottle again. It pointed at Kris.

"Truth or dare.", Lay asked Kris.

"Dare.", Kris said.

"Woah!!!!", Luhan, Tao, Lay, Xiumin and Chen shouted. "This is gonna be fun."

"I know what you're thinking.", Kris said with his wide eyes. "Don't you da---".

"DANCE WITH TAO!!!", Luhan, Chen, Lay and Xiumin said.

Kris facepalmed himself. He went to Tao and danced with him.

"Hyung, you're such a bad dancer.", Tao said and Kris glared at him.

 

The game was finally over. Everyone had their own business. All of the guys were drunk. You looked at Kiseop then he smiled at you.

"Hey.", you said.

"Hey,", Kiseop said. "I'd better go."

You nodded. "Alright. You must be worn out. Come on."

 

"Hey guys, Kiseop's going home now.", you told them.

"Bye Kiseop!", all of the guys yelled.

"Bye.", he smiled at them. You lead him to the door.

"Bye. Take care. I hope you had a good time.", you said.

"I did.", he said. "I'll see you at work then.", he said and ruffled your hair. You started blushing.

 

You went back inside and saw that the boys were all having fun. you went outside the balcony. You let out a big sigh.

"Your friend home already?", Kris asked. He startled you. You grabbed onto your racing heart.

"God! Don't scare me like that.", you told him. You nodded.

"Sorry bout that.", he said.

You sat beside him and both of you stared at the stars. You can tell that he's drunk.

"They're beautiful aren't they?", you said. You looked at Kris, he nodded.

"I used to watch the stars with my dad when I was a kid.", you keep saying.

"Stars are indeed beautiful.", Kris said.

"I never knew you liked stars.", you told him.

"I never said I hate them.", Kris said. You scoffed.

"But I like the moon better.", you said.

"Why is that?", Kris asked.

"Because everyone loves the stars, and-----", you said.

"And nobody appreciates the moon.", Kris cut you off. "That's why you just learn to love it."

You nodded. You saw a different side of Kris. You stared at Kris.

You are one amazing guy Kris.

He caught you staring at him. He looked through your eyes. Your heart started beating fast.

What the. Why is my heart beating so fast?

He cleared his throat and looked away. You grabbed onto your racing heart.

"I kinda know what the moon feels like.", Kris said.

"What do you mean?", you asked.

"When nobody appreciates you and when your parents always see someone which is not you.", Kris said.

"Do your parents--", you said. "Never mind."

"Yes. No matter how hard I try, they don't appreciate the things I'm doing.", Kris said.

Suddenly, you felt sorry for him.

"They want me to be someone I'm not.", he said. "They want me to be just like my brother."

"You have a brother?", you asked him.

"I had a brother.", Kris said.

"Does that mean mean he--?", you hesitated to continue your question.

"Yes. He died during an accident two years ago.", he said.

"Oh. Sorry about that.", you said.

"I was in the accident too.", Kris said. You froze.

"He was teaching me how to drive. He was sitting with me at the front. I was about to make a right, he told me to hit the brakes. I didn't. And that was when he--", he stopped and looked down at his feet.

"You don't have to continue.", you told him.

"My parents blamed me for my brother's death.", he said with sad look in his eyes.

"Was that the reason why you stopped working at the Wu Company?", you said and covered your mouth.

"How did you know about that?", Kris asked you.

"Leighn told me.", you said. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay.", Kris said. "Does that mean you're talking about me?", he said and smirked.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes. "Yeah right."

 

"But you know, someone will always be there for you.", you said.

Kris looked at you with confused look in his eyes.

"I mean, if I learned to like the moon, I know that someone will learn to love you, someday.", you said and looked at him. You smiled at hiim.

He smiled at you. He laughed. "Love me? Is that even possible?", he asked and yawned.

You nodded. "Of course. It's not hard no like you, so I bet loving you isn't that hard."

CRAP!!! What did I just said?!!! Did I just say that I liked him?!!! No. Nononononono.

"Do you even believe in love?", Kris asked.

"I-I do. Why?", you asked.

"What about true love?", he asked and looked at you.

"Yeah. I do.", you said.

"What is love anyway?", he asked you while yawning.

"Actually, I don't really know.", you said and looked at the sky again. "But it probably feels magical."

You looked at him and saw him sleeping. You smiled.

Silly you. You look so arrogant but you're so soft inside.

 

You decided to go inside to call the boys.

 

"Yo, guys! Kris is sleeping.", you told the guys.

"What? Hyung's sleeping?", Tao said.

"Yah, Luhan. Let's go to Kris.", Chen said.

 

Chen and Luhan went to the balcony and woke up Kris.

"Yah! Kris wake up!', Luhan yelled.

Kris startled. he woke up immediately. Luhan and Chen laughed like hell.

"Woah! You should've seen your face!", Luhan said and Kris glared at him.

"Let's go home.", Kris told the boys.

 

It was getting late so the boys decided to go home.

 

"Bye guys!", Leign waved at them.

"Bye! Thank you.", Kris said. All of the boys bowed their heads.

"Honey.", Leighn called Lay.

"Hmm?", Lay asked.

"Bye.", Leighn said. Lay came to her. He hugged her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Good night Honey.", Lay said. You rolled your eyes and smiled at them.

"Ewww!", Luhan, Tao, Xiumin and Chen exclaimed.

Lay and Leighn rolled their eyes.

You stared at Kris and gave him a nod. He smiled at you.

Your heart started beating fast again.

The boys finally left.

 

You went to your room to rest. Suddenly, your heard your phone beep. You caught yourself smiling.

Someone sent you a message.

"Thanks for tonight. I had fun."-Kiseop

"Well I'm glad you did."- You