Chapter 14

True Love

It's been eight days. You're very excited to go to work.

You arrived at the office but found Kiseop's office empty. There was no Kiseop there.

Your heart dropped seeing the empty office infront of you. You pulled out your phone from your pocket, expecting an explanation from Kiseop.

 

"This guy! Are you serious? You didn't even bother calling me to let me know that you won't be here. You can just send me a 'dot'  you know, is that too much to ask? Ugh! Kiseop you fool.", you said while pointing at his empty chair inside his office.

 

But he did say that it might take long.

 

Just then, your phone beeped. You received a message from Kiseop. And guess what, it was only a "DOT".

 

You smiled. Just when you were about to reply, your phone started ringing. It was Kiseop.

And now you're gonna call?

 

"Yobseo?", you said.

"Who are you calling fool Rai?", Kiseop asked.

"Ahm, no one.", you said nervously.

"I heard everything you know.", he said.

"Wha--How--?", you were confused.

"Look behind you. Stupid.", Kiseop said.

 

You looked behind you and saw Kiseop standing at the door.

"Kiseop!", you ran to him and hugged him.

He hugged you, too.

"Missed me?", Kiseop asked playfully.

You scoffed. "Of course not. Who would miss you anyway?"

Kiseop laughed at you. "Typical Rai."

You rolled your eyes, "Whatever."

 

"But, I thought it might take so long. You know, until the clients approve?", you asked confused.

"Yeah. Well unfortunately, Lee Kiseop is a very excellent Vice President so they approved right away.", he chuckled.

You smiled...

 

After your work, you decided to go buy groceries. While you were buying grocery, it started raining.

Why the hell is it raining everytime I buy groceries?

You finished buying groceries. You paid the cashier, get your stuff and  went out to go home. 

Just then, someone poked your arm from behind. It was Kris.

"Kris! You scared me! GOD!!!", your eyes still wide from the shock.

He smiled. "Went to buy groceries too?", he asked.

You nodded. 

"You didn't bring your umbrella, did you?", he looked at you.

You shook your head.

"Okay. It's a good thing a guy like me always bring an umbrella.", he held out his umbrella and opened it.

"Want to share?", he smiled at you. You nodded awkwardly.

Why does it feel like deja vu?

 

"Do you want to eat something?", he asked.

You were really really really hungry, and you knew that it would be a pain to cook dinner. You had no choice but to nod.

"Okay then, let's go.", he said and brought you to a simple cozy restaurant.

 

You ordered your food and so did Kris. Both of you were quiet, but it wasn't an awkward one.

He looked at you. You raised both your brows and asked what's wrong.

"Why is my heart beating so fast whenever I see this girl?", Kris thought.

 

Kris shook his head and said, "Nothing."

You tried to open your mouth but you have no idea what to say.

Suddenly Kris asked, "So, how's work?'

'It's fine. I'm getting a hard time though.', you said and exhaled.

"A hard time?', Kris asked worriedly.

"Well, not really. It's more like stress from work.', you told him.

"Stress? Do you know how I handle stress?", he asked you.

You looked at him giving him a hint that you're wondering.

"I sleep.", he said blankly.

Your face went straight. "Like that's gonna help." You rolled your eyes and continued eating your food.

 

After having dinner, both of you decided to go home. You said your goodbyes.

The rain stopped so you decided to walk. While you were walking, you saw a store selling dreamcatchers.

You looked at the dreamcatchers and admired its beauty. You saw a blue dreamcatcher with a white feather and your mind suddenly thought of Kris. You remembered your conversation with him.

"Do you know how I handle stress? I sleep."

You smiled. You bought the one you saw earlier. You didn't know why you bought it. You knew you weren't gonna give that stuff to Kris, but somehow, somehow, it made you think of it. And you can't deny the fact that it made you happy somehow.

Thinking of him, made you feel like you were safe. You feel secured whenever you're around him.

 

 

It was another busy morning and you were off to work.

You were busy working when you heard your phone beeped.

Kiseop?

Hey. Let's have dinner later. Araseo? -Kiseop

Dinner? Araseo.

 

You were ready and you were waiting for Kiseop to pick you up. You were wearing a floral dress and a cardigan.

You heard Kiseop's car and you decided to go outside. Before you even turn the door knob, the door suddenly opened.

Kiseop gave you a peck on your cheek. You can't help but blush. "Let's go.", he held your hand and dragged you to his car.

 

"Where are we going?", you asked.

"Just wait."

 

Then you arrived at a rooftop. The ambiance was romantic.

"I'll go get some hot coffee", Kiseop told you.

You were admiring the beautiful view of Seoul.

"Wow! City lights!", you smiled.

Kiseop went back with two cups of coffee in his hands. "Here."

You happily took the coffee from his hands.

You didn't know that you were going on a place like this so you were wearing your favorite thin cardigan.

Kiseop noticed that you were cold.

"Rai, come here.", he said. You looked at him, "What?"

"Stop asking. Just come near me.", he told you with his usual arrogant tone.

And because you were stubborn, you rolled your eyes at him.

Kiseop got annoyed so he pulled you closer to him. Your eyes widened at his actions. He pulled your back closer to his chest and covered your cold body with his coat. His coat were covering the both of you. You can feel Kiseop's chest.

He held your hand. "Your hands are cold. Yah!", he told you.

"So  what?", you escaped your hand away from his.

"What kind of girl's not wearing her gloves?", he asked. You scoffed.

He looked at you. "What the. Give me your hands."

"I don't want to.', you said stubbornly.

Just then, Kiseop snatched your hands and put your hands on his pocket. He dragged your hands deeper into the pocket  and he let go. You felt something hard inside the pocket. You tried to get it out from his pocket. Your eyes widened, it was a necklace.

"Kiseop.", you looked at the necklace. Your heart was beating so fast.

Kiseop looked at you. "I don't know how to give it to you in a romantic way so--", he said shyly and looked away.

"You're too honest Kiseop.", you smiled. "Gumawo", you blushed. You looked at him.

He looked at you and stared at your eyes. His face was centimeters away from you. It was hard for you to breathe. You tried to swallow but it was hard. His face was getting nearer and nearer. You closed your eyes and felt his lips captivating yours.