Chapter 18

True Love

You were walking outside the street when you saw a familiar figure standing beside a car. You squinted your eyes to see clearly. You walked towards the car. You walked towards that person. You took a deep breath to say something but you couldn't. You felt two arms pulling you in for a hug that you've been longing so much.

"I've missed you.", Kiseop said and hugged you, inhaled your scent and kissed your forehead. Tears started to escape from your eyes. He let go of you and looked at you. He smiled at your behavior. He wiped the tears from your eyes with his thumb and planted a kiss on your wet cheeks. You looked at his eyes and smiled at him. "How dare you. I've missed you so much.", you told him and started to cry again. Kiseop laughed at you and hugged you again. He looked at you, your cheek, cupped your face with his hands, closed his hands, and kissed your lips. You felt him smile from the kiss. You looked at him and smiled at him. Both of you happy that you are holding each other's arms again.

 

The two of you decided to walk on the park. You felt happy holiding his warm hands again. You blushed as he placed his hand on your waist. "Wow. It's been too long since I last saw you.", Kiseop said. "You look different." He looked at you from head to toe. "Different? In what way?", you asked him. He looked at your eyes and smiled, "You look more beautiful." You blushed at what he said.

 

 

You were busy watching your favorite show when someone knocked on your door. Leighn stood up to open it, the man gave an envelope to Leighn and let Leighn sign on the paper he was holding. "Thank you.", Leighn told the man. The man left already and you asked Leighn, "What's that?" Leighn said that she wasn't sure either so she opened it to know.

Your heart dropped. "It's Kiseop's engagement party invitation.", Leighn told you. You smiled and nodded. "Look, if you don't want to go, we don't have too. We can stay here if you want."

You shook your head, "No, it's okay. We should go. I bet Mr Zhang will look for us." Leighn looked at you with sympathy. Rai Nee, you don't have to force yourself too much. Leigh nodded and said, "Araseo."

"It's on Sunday right?", you asked. Leighn nodded and told you that the party will start at 7 in the evening.

 

Kiseop went to their kitchen to get a glass of water. His mother came and asked him, "Son, what do you think about the wedding date? November 12? Is it okay for you?". Kiseop didn't answer. He can't hate his Mom because he loves her so much. His Mom sighed, "I know it's hard for you Son. But, if we don't do this, you know what will happen to our company, right?", Mrs Lee's voice started to break, "If only you're Father.", she stopped midsentence. Kiseop looked at his Mom, seeing his Mom with those sad eyes pains his heart. "I know Mom. I know." He hugged his Mother.

The butler came and gave Kiseop an envelope. He looked at it with a confused expression at his face,"What's this?". Mrs Lee smiled at him and said, "That's an invitation for your engagement party." Kiseop's eyes widened, he tried his best to calm himself, "Engagement? But I haven't met the woman I'm suppose to marry."

Mrs Lee looked at him and told him, "That's why we're having dinner with your Fiance's family tonight. You'll finally have the chance to meet her. But I don't think that this will be your first. I'm sure you've met her already." Kiseop's mind was lost that he never heard what his Mother told him.

 

 

Kiseop and his Mom is already waiting for the other family to come. Kiseop and Mrs Lee is already at the restaurant. Just after 3 minutes of waiting, a tall man wearing a black coat, and his wife came, and waved their hands at Kiseop's mom. Mrs Lee smiled at them. The couple arrived at their table.

"Son, this is Mr and Mrs Yoo.", Mrs Lee smiled at Kiseop gesturing him to greet them properly. Kiseop stood up from his seat and bowed ninety degrees, "Anneong Haseo." Mr and Mrs Yoo smiled at him. Mrs Yoo touched Kiseop's shoulders and said, "Forgive our daughter, she's always late when it comes to this." Kiseop smiled at her and told Mrs Yoo that it's okay. Kiseop found Mrs Yoo pretty so he was wishing that her daughter is not that pretty so that he won't fall for her. I wonder what her daughter would look like. 

"It's fine if we won't wait for our daughter, she's usually late.", Mrs Yoo said shyly. Kiseop thought for a minute. What a bad impression. First time meeting her in-law and she's late. I bet this girl isn't even hot. They started eating their dinner. Just then, a girl entered the restaurant. Kiseop was too busy eating not noticing that his Fiance arrived already. The girl waved at them, "Hi Mom! Hi Dad!", the girl smiled at her parents.

 

Kiseop looked up and choked on his food. He gulped down his glass of water and tried his best to act normal. This girl is prettier than I expected. The girl only stared at him and rolled her eyes. She sat beside her Father.

"This is my daughter", Mr Yoo said and gestured his daughter to greet Kiseop and Mrs Lee properly, "YooAra. Yoo Ah Ra." Mr Yoo smiled. YooAra bowed ninety degrees. Kiseop held out his hands, YooAra was hesitating if she should shake hands with him, but since her parents were there she had no choice. They started eating their dinner with YooAra. YooAra and Kiseop was not talking at all.

YooAra hated the idea of having an arranged marriage because she believes in true love. But, she never had her true love, not even her first love. She looked at Kiseop and thought that he's sourt of handsome. Well, he's a lot better than I expected. He's actually hot--What am I saying?!! YooAra, this guy is the man who'll ruin your life. Snap out of it.

Just then, YooAra decided to go to the bathroom. "Please excuse me.", she bowed ninety degrees and went to the bathroom. Kiseop felt awkward so he decided to go to the bathroom too. When the two of them were gone, their parents had this stupid idea to leave them both behind at the restaurant.

Kiseop and YooAra arrived at their table at the same time. YooAra looked to her left and right, she was looking for her parents. Her eyebrows knitted together. Kiseop was only staring at her and had the urge to finally talk to her, "I guess they left us both here.", YooAra looked at him for one second and looked again from her left to right. When YooAra couldn't find them, she decided to stop looking for them. "Since my parents and your parents aren't here anymore, I guess I should go.", YooAra picked up her bag and turned her back. "Don't you think that they left us here so that we can get to know each other?", Kiseop said. YooAra had a confused look on her face, "Get to know each other?". Kiseop nodded his head, "Do you want to go somewhere?", he asked her. YooAra scoffed, "Look, I know I'm not the only one who hates this, alright? I know that you hate the idea of an arranged marriage too." Kiseop looked at her, "You don't want to marry me?", Kiseop asked her. YooAra faced him and looked straight at his eyes, "I do---n't", she felt like she was captivated by Kiseop's eyes. Kiseop was shocked to hear that from a girl, "You don't? You don't want to marry a man like me?", Kiseop said not believing that this girl would reject him. YooAra stared at him with a blank face, "Shiro. I don't want to. And who are you calling a man? You look so............................", YooAra hesitated to say what she wants to say, "Well, you look so feminine." YooAra scoffed and walked away leaving Kiseop dumfounded.

"Feminine?" Did she just call me feminine? I'm the hottest person alive. I have six-pack abs. How can she reject a guy like me? Kiseop thought. He felt like his self-esteem got lower. He grabbed his hair from frustration and decided to go to the gym and work out.

 

 

You felt so sad so you decided to go out for a walk. You didn't have work today because your new boss is not around so it's basically your day off. You looked at your phone expecting a text from Kiseop. You got disappointed not seeing a text from him. Just then, your phone beeped. It was a text from Kiseop.

I'll meet you at the Yeouido Park. :) -Kiseop

You were very happy. You immediately went to the park and decided to wait for him there. 

You arrived there earlier than you expected. You decided to take a walk while waiting for Kiseop. It was a cold October and winter is coming soon. Just then, you saw Kris and Luhan walking at the park. You waved your hand at them. They saw you and they walked towards you.

"Hey Rai Nee!", Luhan said cheerfully. "Hi.", Kris simply said. "What are you guys doing here?", you asked them. "We got bored, and last night, the boys and I had a party at Lay's house, and it was a mess.", Luhan said shaking his head. "It's expected from you guys.", you told them and you laughed. "Baekhyun was drunk last night.", Luhan said and started laughing, "And so was Kris. He kept mentioning your name---", Luhan said when Kris suddenly interrupted him, "What are you doing here Rai Nee?", Kris asked. You looked down at your feet. "I'm here to meet Kiseop. He's here already.", you shyly said. "I see.", Kris simply said. "We're gonna take a walk now, alright?", Luhan said. You nodded your head. "Bye! Take care.", you smiled at them and they smiled back at you.

You've been waiting for Kiseop for two whole hours already. The weather getting colder and colder. It was the month of October and Christmas was getting nearer. You can feel the cold breeze through your skin.

Infront of your spot was a restaurant where Kris and Luhan were eating. Luhan chewed his food and swallowed while looking at you, "Does she really think that Kiseop will come? She's been standing there for two whole hours already." Luhan said worriedly. Kris just shrugged his shoulder. Just then, Luhan's phone beeped. "Oh men. I have to go now.See you later." Luhan told Kris. Kris nodded at him. When Luhan left, he looked at you. He'll come won't he?

 

Kiseop went outside his office when he heard his phone beeped. It was his Mom telling him that they'll be having dinner with the Yoos. Kiseop was getting ready to have dinner with the Yoo family to talk about the wedding forgetting his appointment with you. He wore a black formal top and pants. I look okay right? Wait. Why do I even care? 

He went inside his car and went to the Yoo's house forgetting his phone at his bed.

Kiseop finally arrived at the restaurant. He went to their table. His Mom and the Yoos were not yet there. Just then, YooAra arrived and sat at the chair infront of Kiseop. Kiseop only stared at her. YooAra turned his head from left to right. "Did my parents arrive yet?" she asked. Kiseop said that her parents and his Mom haven't arrived yet. Just then a waiter came to their table and gave them a letter saying:

"Enjoy your dinner kids! I wish you'll get to know each other more. You'll be married soon. And you'll be having your engagement party on Sunday and we want you to be sweet with each other. Araseo? We know what happened last time from the cctv. Enjoy!"-PARENTS

YooAra's jaw dropped. "I can't believe it. How can they do this?" Kiseop put the letter at their table then called for the waiter. Ah Ra looked at him confused, "What are you doing?". Kiseop looked at the menu while talking to Ah Ra, "Our parents want us to get to know each other." he said. Ah Ra was about to say something when Kiseop interrupted him, "There are cctvs here and I bet they're waching us live." Ah Ra's eyes widened, " That's impossible. My parents wouldn't do that."

While the two of them were talking, Luhan saw them through the glass window. Luhan's eyes widened, "So Leighn was right, it was Yoo Ara, Kseop's Fiance. Wait. Why is Kiseop here? Rai Nee's waiting for him." Luhan texted Kris saying that Kiseop is having dinner with his Fiance.

 

You were still waiting for Kiseop at the park. You've been standing at the same spot for six hours already. Your hands were cold. You were getting upset. He didn't forget right? Suddenly, it started snowing. You felt your hands getting numb from the cold. You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. He'll come. I'm sure he'll come.

Just then, a man walked towards you. It was Kris. "Are you still gonna wait for him?" You nodded your head. Kris stepped closer. You wanted to say more but your lips felt numb that you can't even speak. You tried your best to speak, "But, where could he be?" you asked. Kris hesitated to answer your question, but when he finally had the urge, he told you, "Luhan saw Kris having dinner with Ah Ra.". You felt your heart sank. You were hurt not because he ditched you. You were hurt not because he didn't tell you. You were hurt not because he didn't text you. You were hurt because he forgot. You were hurt because he chose Ah Ra over you. Of course. Why didn't I see it coming? He'll choose his Fiance over his girlfriend. That's what will happen. That will always happen from now on. Of course he'll choose Ah Ra over me because I'm just an ordinary girl. Starting today, I'm not the only girl from Kiseop's life. I should know that by now. I should've known. 

You couldn't say what you wanted to say. You couldn't hold back your tears anymore. Tears started streaming down your face. Kris grabbed you and pulled you closer to him, he hugged you and you cried your heart out. Kris spoke, "If a simple dinner makes you cry, what would it be if it's already their wedding day?" If I were Kiseop, I'd let go of you instead of seeing you cry and get hurt. But, how can a man let go of someone as special as you? Cause even I can't.