Chapter 25

True Love

I'M REALLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I WAS VERY BUSY THESE PAST FEW WEEKS. HERE IS A SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU.

 

 

You opened your eyes. You can feel the bright light of the sun through your eyes and your skin. You squinted your eyes. You sat on your bed and looked around. You sighed. Memories from last night crossed your mind.

The movie ended. Both you and Kris decided to stroll down the mall. You looked around and saw a game center. "Let's go in and play!", you told Kris. Kris bit his lips but ended up nodding anyway. Both of you entered the game center and saw a lot of interesting things to play. You pointed out a basketball game, where you need to shoot the ball and get a high score. You dragged Kris. Kris said, "You know I'm good at this.". You glared at him, "Whatever. I'll beat you.", you mumbled. He smiled at you. The countdown started and when the screen flashed 0 the two of you started shooting. It was fun. You got 60 points, and Kris got 180. His time was up, but you still got 2 minutes. Kris helped you shooting the ball on the ring. He was behind you and you can feel his chest on your back. He was really tall. Your time was up and you got 208 points. You gave Kris a high five. You told him, "I told you I'd beat you." Kris just nod his head and said, "Of course. Of course."

Your stomach started growling. "Gosh. I'm hungry.", you said outloud. Kris looked at you, "Then where do you want to eat?", he asked. "Let's just eat somewhere with lots of food. I'm really hungry and I don't have time to think.", you told Kris. You were feeling very comfortable with him. He laughed at you. He put his hands inside his pockets and said, "Follow me."

You were brought to a five star restaurant. Your jaw dropped. "Are we really gonna eat here?", you asked him. He nodded his head. You started worrying because you haven't brought a lot of money"But I don't have-", you told him. Kris cut you off, "Don't worry. It's on me." He smiled at you. He started walking, he looked back at you, "Well? Aren't you coming?", he said. You fastened your pace and you went inside with him.

You finished eating your dinner. Then the next thing you know, it was already nine in the evening. "I'd better go home.", you told Kris. "Okay. I'll take you home then."

Both of you were heading to your apartment when Kris suddenly spoke, "Hey Rai Nee?", you looked at him and he spoke, "Do you still love him?". You stopped walking. You looked down at your feet. Kris said, "Kiseop. Do you? Do you still love him?". You sighed. The truth was, you don't feel anything towards Kiseop anymore. You're not feeling any pain anymore. You thought for a second. You didn't know how to reply to Kris' question. Kris sighed and said, "I guess that's a yes.". He walked passed by you and you opened your mouth to say, "Actually.", he stopped walking and waited to hear your voice. You took a deep breath and said, "Actually, I don't think I'm inlove with him anymore." Kris turned around and looked right through your eyes, "I'm glad you got over him already." You smiled at him.

Both of you were at your street already. You turned to Kris and said, "Thanks for today.", you smiled at him. "No problem.", Kris said. "Take care of yourself.", you told him. "I will.", Kris answered. You turned your back against Kris when Kris suddenly spoke your name, "Rai Nee.", you froze. You were still backfacing him. He said, "I think I like you." Your whole body froze. You didn't know how to respond. And when you finally had the urge to look at him, you turned around and saw Kris walking away.

 

You grabbed your hair from frustration. You buried yourself on your pillow. Leighn heard noises from your room so she decided to go upstairs. She opened your door, "Whoa! Rai Nee! What. The. Hell. What is wrong---", you cut her off, "Don't ask!", you told her. "Oooookay. I won't", she answered. You sat on your bed and fixed your hair, "Fine. Go ahead and ask.", you told Leighn. She laughed at you, "Okay. What is going on?".

You took a deep breth and started talking, "Okay. So yesterday, Kris and I went to the mall to watch a movie. Then we fought because of a silly popcorn. And we played games. Then we had dinner. Then he took me home. He paid for our dinner by the way. And OhmyGod! He took me to this awesome five star restaurant. And God! Kris is just freaking rich.", you stopped craving for air. You took another deep breath and started talking, "So yeah. We had dinner. Then he took me home. So yeah. And while we were headig here, he suddenly asked out of nowhere if I'm still inlove with Kiseop---", this time, it was Leighn who cut you off with her palm facing your face. Leighn said, "Well? Do you? Do you still love Kiseop?" You looked at the ceiling and grabbed your hair, "No. Truthfully, I don't feel anything towards Kiseop anymore.", you told Leighn. Leighn smiled at you, "I'm glad you got over your first heartbreak." You smiled at her too.

"So yeah. Where was I?", you asked Leighn. Leighn touched her chin and said, "The part where Kris asked you if you're still inlove with Kiseop." You snapped your fingers, "Right! So yeah. He asked me that and I told him that I'm not inlove with Kiseop anymore. Then after that, he sort of. Well...", you hesitated to tell Leighn. Leighn ran out of patience and asked you, "He sort of what?". You took a deep breath and said, "He told me that he thinks he likes me." Leighn's jaw dropped. And she started screaming, "Oh my God!!!! Kris likes you!!!!"

 

It's a Saturday. You went downstairs and found Leighn cooking. She was preapring a lot of food. You got curious so you asked, "Woah! Why are you preparing a lot? That's good enough to feed a dozen of guys.". Leighn nodded her head and said, "Good math! The guys are coming over." Your eyes widened, "You mean EXO?", you asked. Leighn nodded her head. EXO coming over means Kris coming over. Leighn looked at you and said, "We'd better take a shower. They'll be here in less than two hours."

You hurriedly went to your room and took a shower. You wore your blue fitted shirt with a bunny printed on it and your skinny jeans. You looked at yourself in the mirror. OhmyGod. I'm gonna see him today. Okay. Stay calm.

 

You were still in your room when you heard weird noises from downstairs. The guys are already inside. You went downstairs. You saw Baekhyun approaching you. He put his arms on your shoulders. He greeted you, "Hey couz.". You smiled at him and said, "Hey." You scanned through the living room and saw that Kris wasn't there. You somehow got disappointed. Kai went to the dining area and got the flowers from Leighn's vase. Kai approached you and gave the flowers, "Hey Rai Nee. This is for you.", he smiled at you. You rolled your eyes and laughed. You told him, "Hey Kai. Thanks for the flowers. Now put that back before Leighn sees it." Kai pouted his lips and put the flowers back into the vase. Kai sensed an evil aura behind him so he turned around and saw a laughing Sehun behind him. He hurriedly went to Sehun and glared at him. "Why are you laughing?", Kai asked. 

Sehun saw Kai approaching him. He stopped laughing. Kai asked him what he's laughing at. Sehun shook his head, "I wasn't laughing because of you." Kai squinted his eyes and touched his chin, "Really?", he asked. Sehun explained, "I wasn't really laughing because of you. I wasn't laughing because that's the nth time Rai Nee rejected your flowers. I wasn't laughing because you feel so hopeless. Really. I wasn't laughing." And after that, the World War III has began.

You were talking to Baek at the living room. "How's Auntie?", you asked him. "She's fine." You nodded your head. You stood up and saw Tao taking selcas. You laughed at him. Xiumin was watching his favorite cooking show on the television. Chanyeol and Suho had no choice but to watch the cooking show since they can't play videogames. Lay was helping Leighn with the food. Kai and Sehun were still busy arguing like little kids. DO was busy setting the table. And Chen was busy trolling everyone. You stood up and told Baek that you want to get some fresh air. 

You went outside. You sat on a chair and heard footsteps. You turned your head and saw Luhan approaching you. He leaned on the wall and put his hands on his pockets. He said, "Kris isn't here. He went somewhere but he'll be here later." You looked at hiim, "I didn't--. I wasn't asking about him.", you told him. Luhan laughed. You looked at him as he laughs. He sat right next to you. You smiled at him. You heard Leighn call, "Guys! Let's eat." Both you and Luhan went inside the dining room.

You started eating. The door opened revealing a Kris. You felt uncomfortable, or awkward maybe. Lay smiled at Kris, "You're just in time Kris. Come on. Let's eat." Kris sat on his chair and started eating. Kris keeps stealing glances at you. You can't help but feel conscious. Leighn noticed it. Leighn stood up and went inside the kitchen. Leighn shouted, "Rai Nee! Can you help me here please?". You immediately stood up and went to the kitchen. "Thank God! You saved me!", you told Leighn. "I know right?!", Leighn said, "I noticed you were feeling awkward so yeah.", she finished off. You took a deep breath, "No. I don't feel awkward. It's just.......just feels uncomfortable.", you told her.

Chen got the pitcher and poured some water only to fill himself a half of glass. Chen complained, "Oh men. There's no more water." Kris stood up and got the pitcher from Chen and said, "I'll go get it in the kitchen." Kris was walking but suddenly stopped when he heard you and Leighn talking about him. He just stood at the corner where you can't see him.

Leighn asked, "Uncomfortable?". You nodded your head. "I do feel uncomfortable." Leighn asked again, "Why do you feel uncomfortable with Kris?" You shrugged your shoulders, "I don't know." Leighn asked again, "Rai Nee, perhaps, do you like Kris?". You opened your mouth to say, "I don't---", then stopped when you heard Chen shout, "What took you so long? I'll go get the water." Kris went back to the dining area. You saw Chen enter the kitchen, "Hey.", he said. You gave him a nod. The three of you went back to the dining area and ate your dessert.

You finished eating. You decided to go to the garden and just sit there to relax. You were daydreaming when Kris suddenly appeared right infront of you. "Hey.", he said. "Hey", you simply said. You gripped your pants. Kris spoke, "Rai Nee, about what I said.", you froze. Kris continued speaking, "I mean it." You swallowed. There was silence between you two.

You opened your mouth to say something but Kris spoke, "Rai Nee.", he paused for a while. You waited for him to speak. Kris said, "Do I somehow make you feel uncomfortable when I'm around?" You were caught off guard. You don't know what to say. You opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out. Then you said, "Ahm, I--", you didn't have the chance to continue talking because Kris cut you off. "You don't have to answer my question. It's okay if I make you feel uncomfortable. I'll do my best to change that. He smiled at you. You smiled at him. I don't feel uncomfortable when you're around. I feel uncomfortable because I feel very comfortable when you're right here.