Chapter 22

True Love

A VERY SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU.

 

 

 

 

You woke up with a numb feeling in your heart. You didn't know what to feel. You didn't know what to do. You didn't know. You took a shower immediately. You were running late for work and there was no bus. Can today get any worse? You went home late from work and you were dripping wet cause you forgot to bring your umbrella.

You recalled everything that happened today. From the time you were waiting for that stupid bus, the time when your shoes got ruined, the time when your new boss scolded you for being late, the time when someone spilled her juice on you. Everything was a mess. Have you ever hated the world so much that even dropping a pen makes you want to breakdown and cry? Yes, that was how you felt.

You went to the kitchen to get a glass of water only to drop your glass on the floor. Really?!!! Oh come on!  You tried cleaning it up but you ended up hurting yourself. Your finger started bleeding. You hurriedly went to the sink to wash your hands. Your finger was still bleeding. And that was it, you brokedown and started crying.

You went inside your room after you calmed yourself.

You heard Leighn enter. You went out to see her with a plastic bag on her hands. "Did you buy groceries?", you asked Leighn. Leighn nodded her head, "Yup." You looked down at your feet. Leighn put the plastic bag on the counter. She saw your behavior. She walked towards you and asked, "Hey, how was your day?". You looked at her and your brows started knitting together. You said, "Everything was a mess. It was annoying.".

Leighn nodded her head and get something on the plastic bag, it was a bag of chips. "Lay's!!!!", she shouted. Your ears perked up and you shifted your gaze on the chips. You smiled at Leighn's behavior. You took the chips from her hands and opened it. The two of you went to the living room to watch a movie. You picked out a horror movie.

While Leighn was busy preparing the movie you're about to watch, you heard a knock on the door. You stood up and opened it. Your eyes widened, it was EXO. All twelve of them. They were outside smiling at you and waving their hands to you. You opened your mouth to say something but your stupid cousin just passed by. Then all the EXO members came in. Leighn's jaw dropped when she saw them entering the room. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!!", Leighn exploded.

Lay and Leighn were at the corner of the living room.

Leighn was crossing both her arms and Lay was whining like a baby. "Baby please forgive. Pretty please.", Lay begged. Leighn looked at him and tried her best to hold back her laughter. She loved it when Lay is whining like a baby. She looked at Lay and said, "I told you that Rai Nee and I will have our quality time together so that she can move on."

Lay looked down at his feet, "I know.", he lifted his head and pointed his fingers to Kris, "but Kris wanted to see Rai Nee and wanted to know if she's doing alright!", Lay shouted. Kris's eyes widened, . What the hell Lay. Lay looked at Kris and saw him glaring at him.

Suho sat beside you and asked, "Are you doing alright?" You gave him a soft smile. Suho knew the answer. He lightly squeezed your hand. Your eyes squinted from the pain. "Ouch!", you shouted.

Suho let go of your hand and studied it. "What happened? You should put some band-aid on it.", Suho said while getting a band-aid from his wallet. He gently put the band-aid around your finger. You smiled at him and thanked him.

You saw Kris walking towards you. You hurriedly turned your back against him. You walked towards the couch. You weren't avoiding him, or maybe you were. But why were you avoiding him? That, you don't know.

You were just uncomfortable with him. And you remembered what happened on the day before the wedding. And you weren't sure how to talk to him. You weren't sure of anything. You sat on the couch to watch the movie.

Just then, Chanyeol appeared beside you. He was busy chewing some chips.

You looked at him and you smiled. He smiled back at you and offered you the chips. Your eyes widened, he was eating YOUR CHIPS. "Yah! Leighn bought that for me. Why are you eating that?", you shouted at him.

He just looked at you and then got back on eating the chips. You glared at him and you hit his arms. Chanyeol stopped chewing and looked straight in your eyes. You froze.You swallowed. Chanyeol was getting nearer to your face. He was about 5 inches away from you when he suddenly bursted out laughing. You looked at him and started to laugh as well.

You went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

You were about to pour some water on your glass when you heard someone enter. You turned around and saw Kris standing beside the counter.

"Hey.", he said. "Hey.", you replied. There was awkwardness in the air. And both of you can feel it. Kris wanted to have a conversation with you but he can't think of anything to say.

You felt awkward. The silence was killing you. You heard Kris spoke, "How are you?", he asked, obvious that he felt awkward. "I'm okay.", you said not looking at him. Kris felt that you weren't comfortable with him.

He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at you. Am I bothering her? Is she avoiding me?

Kris looked at his feet then back at you only to see you walking away from him. He sighed and touched his nape.

You laughed as you were watching the movie. Lay fell asleep. Leigh rolled her eyes as she saw her boyfriend sleeping.

Sehun and Kai were busy fightingnas usual. You shook your head as you saw Tao and Luhan playing with Chen's hair.

It was chaos inside the apartment but you can't help but smile. You felt great. Having friends like them is something you're very thankful for.

The movie ended. Everyone fell asleep. You laughed. Leighn and you were the only ones awake. It was late in the afternoon. The two of you decided to go out for a walk. You left the boys alone. The two of you went to your favorite cafe.

"Finally. Finally we had our bonding time together.", Leighn said satisfied.

You smiled at her and nodded your head. You sip your coffee. Leighn asked you, "Hey Rai Nee." You looked at her and hummed as a reply. She looked down at her feet then back at you, "How are you feeling? I know it's been hard for you."

You tightened your grip at your coffee. You looked at her and took a deep breath and said, "I am trying my best to be okay." Leighn looked at you with sympathy."But", you said, "There are times when I just can't handle anything anymore. And I just want everything to stop."

Leighn sighed and said, "I know. But everything will be alright. You'll get over with him. And someone new will come into your life and he'll make you happy again.", Leighn tried to convince you.

You shook your head, "No Leighn. They're all the same. Men are all the same. You'll always end up getting hurt." Leighn shook her head, "No, Rai Nee. Someone will love you truly. Trust me.", she said. You looked outside the window and sighed, I just don't think that true love does exist.