While Fany and Doojoon are being Awkward...

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*JUNHYUNG’s POV*

 

“That’s not fair!” I protested as I lost the game, again.

“You lost. Of course it’s fair!” _______ stuck her tongue out at me, laughter dancing in her eyes.

She held out her hand and her partner smacked it, both of them congratulating themselves for winning.

“You guys won four times already,” Stephanie complained, “and we’ve lost four times.”

“Get a better partner,” Gikwang suggested as he reshuffled the cards.

I scowled at him. “I’m her partner,” I hissed. “And I’m completely competent.”

“Yeah, Junhyung oppa is really cool,” she defended me. Grinning, I high-fived her.

“I don’t really care,” Hyunseung shrugged, “as long as I don’t lose.”

“That’s because your partner is a guy who you see everyday. Me losing is seriously costing me some swag points,” I pointed out.

“Because he sees me everyday should make it even more embarrassing,” Yoseob jumped in. “You probably won’t see Stephanie all that much after today.”

Hmph. Aish that boy…

“Well, at least you guys have partners…” Dongwoon sadly hugged the empty air beside him, making us all burst into laughter.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

The floor vibrated as someone’s phone rang.

We stared at each other for a moment, unsure of whose phone it was.

“My phone’s not on vibrate.”

“Mine isn’t even on…"

“Mine plays ________’s song Don’t Matter,” Yoseob cheerfully said.

Bzzt. Bzzt.

“Ah AH!” ________ clumsily grabbed her phone out of her pockets. “It’s my phone, sorry,” she sheepishly grinned.

“Who is it?” Gikwang leaned over her lap, looking at her phone.

The rest of us snickered at their couple moment. They didn't notice.

“It’s Fany!” She squealed with glee. “Look at these pictures!”

We passed her phone around, cracking up at how bogus Tiffany and Doojoon’s couple pictures looked.

“Pass? Fail?”

“FAIL!” Hyunseung yelled merrily.

“They tried hard. Look, she even got on his back! I think they passed,” Seohyun stuck up for Fany.

Gikwang elbowed ________. “We should wait a little bit before sending a reply…”

“… so we can give them some time to talk,” she finished.

“You guys were made for each other,” Yoseob gazed at them in awe.

“Phwa, what are you talking about?” She spluttered, suddenly aware at how close Gikwang was to her face.

“How long should we wait?” Gikwang asked her, ignoring the childish remarks.

________ thought for a moment. “Ten minutes?”

He nodded, pleased with the plan.

“Shall we play another round?” Gikwang asked the rest of us.

“NO!” We shouted in unison.