I said that I would protect her... but...

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

 

*GIKWANG’S POV*

 

“Can’t you open the door faster?” I urged the men who were helping me.

 

________ was inside the restroom with Aaron lying unconscious next to her. Who knows how long he’ll stay that way? He could be waking up any minute now.

 

“________! Hang on, we’ll get you out of there soon!” I called out to her.

 

I watched helplessly as the men tried to pry the doorknob off.

 

“Gikwang… Oppa…” I heard ________ weakly murmur.

 

“_______!” I yelled, desperate.

 

Thud.

 

“________!”

 

There was no response.

 

I shoved the men out of the way. “MOVE!” I rammed my body against the door, over and over again. Soon I switched to punching the door down. After a few blows, the door started giving way and fell, barely hanging on to the hinges.

 

“________,” I whispered when I saw her condition.

           

I whipped my head around to face the men. “Call the ambulance!”

 

I knelt beside ______, who had fallen unconscious to the floor. I pressed my thumb on her wrist, feeling relived when I felt her heartbeat. I gingerly picked her up in my arms, tears starting to flow down my cheeks. I held her close, glaring at the body next to her.

 

“You sick bastard,” I told it.

 

That bastard has several bruises forming around his face, courtesy of ________.

 

The ambulance finally arrived, along with the police. Flashing lights filled the store as uniformed men poured into the area.

 

After making sure that the police arrested Aaron, I rode in the ambulance holding ________’s hand.

 

“________ ah, I’m so sorry,” I whispered repeatedly.

 

You’re pretty just the way you are, no need to change, just believe in yourself, have some faith~

 

My cell phone rang and I numbly answered the phone.

 

“GIKWANG! Yo, where are you guys?” Yoseob’s anxious voice reached my ears. “I saw flashing lights earlier! Are you guys okay?”

 

“….” I couldn’t speak.

 

“Gikwang?” Doojoon yanked the phone away from Yoseob. “What happened?”

 

“I’m on the way to the hospital…”

 

“Where’s ______-ssi?”

 

“… Next to me.”

 

“Is she okay?” Now it was Dongwoon questioning me.

 

I glanced at her bruised face. “Aaron got to her in the restroom.”

 

There was silence on the other end and suddenly all heck broke loose as Dongwoon quickly conveyed my message to the other guys.

 

“WHAT?”

“WHAT BASTARD FOUND HER?”

“WHICH HOSPITAL?”

“HOLY CRUDCAKES!”

 

“It’s at the closest hospital,” I notified them. “The one we go to for checkups.”

 

“Stay beside her. We’ll be there soon,” Doojoon yelled over the noise.

 

I silently hung up the phone and placed my head in my hands.

 

How could I have let this happened?

I promised her that I would protect her.

 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A/N: 

Sorry for not updating this fanfic that often anymore. My teachers decided to plan all the tests this week and the beginning of next week. Then finals start at the end of next week.. 

I was planning to write a lot this summer.. but now it turns out i have to go to summer school. 

I'll try to keep updating this though!