You're a HeartBreaker.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*YOUR POV*

 

“Stephie, Seohyun,” I called across the room.

 

“Ne?”

 

“Y’all staying for dinner?”

 

They looked at each other and looked back at me. “Well…”

 

“Please stay?” Junhyung pleaded, not wanting Stephanie to leave so fast.

 

I grinned. “Pretty please?”

 

“If you cook we’ll stay.”

 

I stood up. “Deal.”

 

I glanced at Gikwang, who was talking to Yoseob in the opposite corner. Ever since he randomly told me that I was really cool, I felt him withhold himself from me. It’s like he retreated into his own little shell.

 

What happened?

 

I bit my lip in frustration.

 

And didn’t Gikwang say that he was about to be forced into a fake relationship with that Hyosung girl?

 

I walked to the kitchen lost in my thoughts.

 

I smiled sadly. Even though my memories were being hidden from me, my heart still beats by itself, not controlled by my mind. And right now it was beating after Gikwang.  

 

There was no way I’m going to let this girl use him like that.

 

Nope, not happening, no way.

 

I crashed down into reality as I bumped into the counter. I blinked.

 

“Hey! I’m going to need a helper if I’m going to finish cooking dinner tonight. And can someone call Fany and Doojoon and ask them if they’re gonna be home for dinner?” I yelled out to the main room.

 

“No need for the last one,” a voice spoke up beside me, making me jump back in shock.

 

Doojoon and Fany stood next to me, their hands intertwined together.

 

I looked them up and down. “Looks like you guys managed to make up,” I laughed, ushering them out of the kitchen.

 

“Look who I found,” I sang as I grabbed everyone’s attention.

 

“YES!” The room chorused, excited by the sight in front of them.

 

The couple blushed and sat down on the couch.

 

Dongwoon pushed Gikwang toward me. “Here’s your helper,” he winked.

 

My stomach sank as I saw Gikwang throw Dongwoon a dirty look. I pasted a smile on my face as I walked back to the kitchen.

 

“What are you cooking?” Gikwang asked, following me.

 

“A bunch of stuff.” I yanked open the refrigerator and pulled out several vegetables. “Can you cut these?”

 

He silently took them from my hand, flinching as his skin brushed mine.

 

We worked in silence for a while as I seasoned the meat. “Gikwang…”

 

“Ne?” He didn’t look up at me.

 

“Why are you acting so weird?”

 

Chop chop chop.

 

“Gikwang?” I asked again when he didn’t answer.

 

“I’m not acting weird,” he finally defended himself.

 

I was silent.

 

“You’re acting differently,” I said at last.

 

He glanced at me. “Not really.”

 

Frustration started to build up inside of me. “Why are you being so… difficult?”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“No I’m not.”

 

“Stop it. You’re being difficult right now.”

 

He threw his hands in the air. “I’m done chopping this stuff. Am I done here?”

 

I looked at him bitterly. “You hate being near me this much?”

 

He shrugged and nodded.

 

“Well, to be you, because you’re staying here. Grab a pan out of the top shelf there, turn the heat on 8, and pour in some oil.” I rapidly blinked away my tears.

 

Why was he being so cold to me all of a sudden?

 

“Sure.” He did as I asked and stood there when he was finished, obviously wanting to get out of here.

 

“Fine, you know what? If you hate being around me so much, get out of here,” I snapped at him. “If you hate being around me so much, were you just acting earlier when you taught me StarCraft?” I whirled around to face him, my face a blank mask, void of all emotion.

 

He smirked. “Finally figured me out, eh? The cameras were there,” he waved his hands around nonchalantly. “What was I supposed to do? The viewers think we’re good as a couple.”

 

“So you acted like we were one just to get more views?”

 

“Yeah. And besides, you’re an American superstar. I thought I might as well use this chance to get BEAST more widely known worldwide.”

 

“… What?”

 

“I mean, if we’re known as a couple, I’m sure American news will pick up on it, right?”

 

I couldn’t believe my ears. “You were using me to boost your popularity?”

 

“Basically.“

 

I turned my back on him, hiding my tears.

 

And to think I was falling for him…

 

“Get out,” I whispered. His footsteps echoed faintly as he casually joined the others.

 

“Why…?” I sank against the wall, my head pounding.

 

“________-ssi, are you okay?” A cameraman entered the room and rushed to my side, catching me as I fell. “Get an ambulance!”

 

The world went black once more.