Misery.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*GIKWANG’s POV*

 

I ran out of the hospital room, blinded by my tears. I found my way to the van and huddled inside of it, shedding a river of tears.

She didn’t remember me.

Not only did I fail to protect her, but now she doesn’t remember me.

Why is this happening?!

I wanted to scream until my lungs collapsed the way my heart did. I saw my members making their way to the van and I turned to face out of the window. They piled in silently and we drove to the house.

“It feels empty,” Yoseob commented as we walked in.

The others nodded in agreement. We sat down on the wood floors and they were silent for a while. When they finally spoke, I could tell that they had picked their words carefully.

“… She says she wants us to help her remember you,” Dongwoon informed me.

“…” I didn’t say anything and stared at the floor, tracing patterns on the smooth surface.

“Can you tell us some of the things that you guys did?” Yoseob asked me.

I kept silent.

My members didn’t push me for a response and stayed there with me.

Sighing, I began to recount my memories with _______ and they listened intently.

“You love her, don’t you?” Yoseob piped up when I was done.

Hyunseung rolled his eyes. “Did you really have to ask that?”

Junhyun joined in. “It’s obvious that they like each other.”

“Aish, he’s too young to recognize love when he sees it,” Doojoon laughed.

The heavy mood lifted as they began to joke around.

I finally laughed and we spent the rest of the night retelling our stories of each other, ending with a pillow fight.

I plopped into my bed exhausted.

At least she’s trying to remember me.

Soon I drifted off into sleep.

The next morning I woke to the sound of chirping birds and covered my eyes from the bright sunlight.

I staggered out of bed and into the bathroom to prepare myself. I had just stepped out of bathroom and into the kitchen when I remember what had happened yesterday.

Misery swept over my body, clouding my mind of all happiness. I slumped down on the floor, spiraling down into momentary depression.

The rest of the boys slowly joined me, giving me silent support. I smiled my thanks to them.

Our manager rushed in to the room. “The CEO wants to see you guys and he says it’s urgent!”