Plan A

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*DOOJOON’s POV*

 

“We have a problem.” Our CEO clasped his hands and placed them on his desk with a sigh.

 

We waited silently, holding our breathes, worried about what he was about to say.

 

“It involves Gikwang and ________.”

 

We all groaned with disbelief.

 

“It seems that Secret’s Hyosung somehow has gotten hold of pictures of you two together… and she says that if you don’t date her, she will show the public.”

 

I clenched my teeth and looked over at Gikwang. His face was pale and distraught. He’s been through so much in the past day and now this as well?

 

How dare that girl think she can get away with this!

 

“Hong Seungsun-ssi,” I spoke up, “is there any other way around this?”

 

“Yeah, Gikwang’s been through a lot recently,” Yoseob added in.

 

Our CEO sadly shook his head. “I’ve thought about this so much that I couldn’t sleep last night, but I see no way out.”

 

He paused. “Unless you’re okay with her revealing those pictures,” he raised his eyebrow.

 

“That would hurt ________’s popularity,” Gikwang said quietly.

 

Hong Seungsun nodded his head slowly. “I’ll try to buy us some time. I’ll tell her that you guys will reveal your ‘relationship’ next Friday on Oh, My School. That will give us a week to think about possible solutions.”

 

“Kamsahamnida.” We bowed and left.

 

We went to our practice room and the members sank in to chair wearily as I paced the room.

 

“Unbelievable. This is absolutely unbelievable!” Hyunseung screamed at the walls.

 

“We’ll find a way out,” I said. “I will definitely find a way out of this.”

 

There was no way I’d let my member have to go through that. He’s in enough pain already.

I stood in front of Gikwang, who was staring off into space. I lowered myself until I was eye to eye with him. “Yo, don’t worry.”

 

He returned my gaze for a few moments before looking away and nodding.

 

I walked to the door. “I’ll be home for lunch,” I called over my shoulder. I headed for the car and drove aimlessly on the streets, punching the dashboard now and then. I ended up arriving at the hospital and found myself standing in front of ________’s door. I knocked and entered.

 

She was sitting up on her bed watching a Japanese drama, smiling happily.

 

“Anneonghaseyo!” She greeted me brightly.

 

“You look a lot better than you did last night,” I blurted out in surprise.

 

Miraculously overnight some of her bruises had faded and color was back in her cheeks.

 

She patted the chair next to her bed, indicating that I could sit there if I wanted to. I sat down.

 

“How are you?”

 

“I feel a lot better,” she smiled up at me.

 

I watched a couple minutes of the drama. “What drama is this?”

 

“Atashinchi no Danshi.”

 

“Ah.” I returned my gaze to the screen. I could understand some of what they were saying since we were preparing for our Japanese debut.

 

“Doojoon-ssi?”

 

I looked at her.

 

“Can you help me remember Gikwang-ssi?”

 

I nodded. “________-ssi, you need to remember him soon.”

 

She looked surprised. “Why?”

 

“He’s being forced into having a fake relationship with a female idol. He hates the idea of it. The only one who can truly help him now is you.”

 

She pointed at herself, confused.

 

“If you can remember him, you can get him out of this mess,” I explained. I hope that when she remembers him, she won’t push her feelings aside. I sighed inwardly. “I’ll be right back,” I promised her.

 

I returned a few minutes later holding my iPad. I quickly scrolled through some pages and finally found the one I was looking for. “Do you remember this amusement park?”

 

She stared at it. “It looks familiar,” she said hesitatingly. I spent the next hour trying to revive her memory. Before I knew it, it was time to go.

 

“I’ll come back as often as I can and help you,” I said as I left.

 

I arrived home and walked in, sniffing the air. Something smelled amazing.

 

“What’s this?” I asked in awe, my eyes glued to the dishes set on the table.

 

“________ taught me how to make this,” Gikwang shrugged, trying to hide his pain.

 

We dug in and ate until we were overly full.

 

“Thanks man!” I slapped his shoulder in a friendly gesture.

 

“No problem.”

 

Later that night when Gikwang was filming for a show, the rest of the members gathered together.

 

“You went to go see ________-ssi today, right?” Hyunseung excitedly asked me.

 

“What’d she say?” Yoseob poked me.

 

“The amusement park is a familiar location to her. In other words, her memories of Gikwang probably aren’t that far away from her right now. If we visit her everyday, I think we can make her remember Gikwang before it’s too late,” I told them.

 

We began planning on how to get ________ to remember him.

 

Hyosung, this war is far from over.

 

 

(A/N: I'm not a Hyosung antifan. I asked my friend for a good rival/enemy female idol and she suggested Hyosung since her and Gikwang have a thing on Oh My School ^^)