Truth that places dirt on Hyosung.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*GIKWANG’s POV*

 

On the fifth morning, I stopped by ________’s room to say my last goodbye. Even though I knew she was unconscious, I began spilling the truth out.

 

“Everything I told you was a lie,” I admitted. “I need you to hate me if I’m going to protect you. Hyosung… she told me that she somehow managed to get her hands on some pictures of us and that if I don’t go out with her, she’ll release them to the public.” I held her hand, leaning my head against the railing of the bed.

 

 I sighed. “Honestly, I wouldn’t mind being caught in a relationship rumor with you,” I ruefully smiled. “But unless we’re actually going out, it’ll hurt your image. The real threat is that…” my voice trailed off as I blew air out through my pursed lips.

 

“It’s just that she also managed to dig up some dirt on your past. She didn’t tell me what, but any dirt is bad dirt. That’ll hurt your reputation, which I can’t let happen if I can manage to stop it. ________, I never used you. That wa a big, fat, hairy excuse to get you to dislike me.”

 

I remained silent for a while.

 

“I hope that one day you can forgive me…” I whispered as I bent over and kissed her forehead, “… because I love you so much it hurts.”

 

With one last look at her peaceful face, I got up and left.