Knowledge isn't always wanted.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER FIVE

*YOUR POV*

 

I walked in and instantly my mouth dropped to the floor.

The house was even more amazing than I imagined.

In fact… it looked a lot like SHINee’s Hello Baby house.

And now that I think about it, this is KBS.

Perhaps… ?

I walked over to the PDs and asked, “Is this where SHINee stayed for their Hello Baby?”

“Oh. Yeah.” They looked surprised. “How’d you know?”

“I watched that show so many times…” I grinned. “Anyways, where’d the boys disappear to?” I looked around. They were nowhere in sight.

The cameramen pointed towards a couple of doors nearby and I headed in that direction. I heard loud voices coming from the walls. I walked in and sighed.

They were arguing about who would sleep next to me.

Wait a second.

 I ran out of the room and crashed into the PDs.

“I’M SLEEPING IN THE SAME ROOM AS THEM?!”

They sheepishly glanced at each other. “Well, ___________-ssi, we decided that for you guys to truly bond, you guys should share the same room.” After seeing the look of disbelief on my face, they added, “Of course, the room is very large and you guys are using sleeping mats so it’s not like you’re sharing the same beds.”

I groaned and took my time in getting back to the room. They were still arguing! I knocked timidly on the door even though I had been standing there for a while now.

Instantly they became quiet and stared at me with wide eyes. Hyunseung shifted nervously and coughed. “… Did you hear that?”

I rolled my eyes. “You guys were so loud it was impossible not to hear you guys arguing about who I’m going to be sleeping with tonight.” They choked.

“NOT WHO YOU’RE SLEEPING WITH TONIGHT. JUST WHO YOU’RE SLEEPING BESIDE!” Dongwoon yelped and covered his eyes.

Oops… I think I used the wrong words.

Doojoon and Gikwang fell to the ground laughing.

“What are we doing today?” Yoseob asked the PDs. They handed him an envelope silently and disappeared outside. We all stared after them and looked at the envelope. “A mission card?” Yoseob opened the envelope, read the card, and glanced up at us completely baffled. Junhyung took the card.

“Play games with _____________-ssi so she will get to know you better. There will be a quiz at 5:00 PM. If you do not pass, you get no dinner.” He eyed his watch. “It’s currently 2:00. We have three hours to make sure ____________-ssi knows a lot about us.”

Dongwoon clapped excitedly. “Let’s get to work!”

-~-~-~-~-~-~

By the time 4:00 rolled by, I learned everything about these boys that I’ll ever need to know. We were sitting cross-legged on the wooden living room floor. Well, they were comfortably lounging around while I was huddled with my Pikachu pillow pet in the corner clutching my head.

“How am I supposed to remember all of this?” I moaned.

“If you don’t remember everything, we don’t get dinner!” Dongwoon panicked. “Aw man! She isn’t going to be able to remember this!”

“Chill, bro. She got this.” Gikwang spoke up for me and I flashed him a grin of thanks.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Junhyung and Doojoon nudge each other and raise their eyebrows in our direction. I edged away from Gikwang.

Why am I starting to feel so uncomfortable around Gikwang? Nah, it must be my imagination. Yes, that’s what it is. My imagination.

“What are we going to do now? We have an hour until the quiz,” I threw that question in the air.

“We could… film a short movie,” Yoseob suggested.

My eyes lit up. “YES!”

“Okay. Let’s do a Secret Garden parody!”

And that’s how Hyunseung and I ended up awkwardly in the middle of the floor. He was doing sit-ups while I held his feet.

“You’ve never seen Secret Garden? Perfect. Oh, just hold his feet for this. That’s all you have to do.”

He came up and went back down.

He came up… and went back down.

He came up… and kissed me.

Well, he pretended to kiss me.

Right before his lips reached mine, he covered my mouth with his hand, turned us away from the camera, and kissed his hand. I froze there in shock.

“And CUT!” Director Yoseob was happy about the scene.

Hyunseung leaned away from me. “Sorry about that.”

WHAT. DID. HE. JUST. DO. TO. ME ?

“Hey, ____________-ssi… are okay?” Yoseob looked sheepishly at me.

I lifted my head to face him and glared. Then I slowly rose to my feet. Yoseob scampered away while I started chasing him all over the house.

 

*GIKWANG POV*

 

“We could… film a short movie,” Yoseob suggested.

What is this boy thinking of?

If he has free time he usually suggests that we sit and play StarCraft.

“YES!” __________-ssi looked so excited I had to laugh.

“Let’s do a Secret Garden Parody!”

No way. Don’t tell me… Yoseob’s planning to set _____________-ssi up?

Yoseob plunged ahead and chose the actor/actress. “___________-ssi, you will be holding Hyunseung’s feet as he does sit-ups.”

“Ah. Okay?” __________-ssi sounded so confused.

“You’ve never seen Secret Garden?” I asked.

“Nope,” came her answer.

I groaned and glared at Yoseob.

Hyunseung looked at me apologetically. “Sorry, looks like I took your role,” he whispered to me. I swatted at him.

What in the world was he talking about? That dork…

And they started filming. Hyunseung was doing his sit-ups while _________-ssi held his feet.  Then he suddenly grabbed her and practically was lying on top of her while he “kissed” her.

I mean, I know it’s not a real kiss. But still… what was this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach? Maybe I ate something bad earlier… Weird.

“And CUT!” Yoseob yelled.

Hyunseung immediately got up off of _______-ssi, who sat there looking shocked.

“Er… _______-ssi, are you okay?” Yoseob looked nervous.

I watched as she slowly got up off her feet. When she glared at Yoseob, shivers ran up and down my spine. Wow. Her glares are scary ! >.< And of course, like the little kids they are, they started running around the house (:

Just then the PDs came in to the room searching for ________-ssi.

“I’ll go get her,” I volunteered.

It wasn’t hard to find them. I just followed my ears to where the loudest noise was coming from and waalaa! There they were sitting on the floor, all out of breath.

“The PDs are here,” I told her. She looked exhausted. I really wanted to sit down next to her and let her lean on my shoulder for some reason. She nodded but didn’t get up.

“Help me up please?”

I held out a hand, which she took, and pulled her to her feet. Yoseob held out his hand for me to grab, but I ignored him and followed ________-ssi into the living room with Yoseob pouting the whole way back.

Her hand was really soft… I really liked it. O_O

What is going on with me?

“You have to get eight out of ten questions right,” the PDs explained to her. She looked so nervous!

Ten minutes later, we were all laughing and screaming like crazy.

Do you know why?

________-ssi not only answered all ten questions correctly, she even got the three bonus questions right! The reward for the bonus was money. And with that amount of money, we could totally have a very nice meal for dinner.

When we finally sat down again, Junhyung nudged Doojoon. “So hey Gikwang!”

“… Yeah?”

This couldn’t be good.

“We noticed that when we were doing the Secret Garden Parody, you didn’t seem that happy about it.”

“What are you talking about?” I pretended to be innocent. Truth be told, I did feel a bit unhappy. I really think I ate something bad this morning.

“And when Hyunseung pretended to make out with ________-ssi, you clenched your teeth!”

“Lies,” I rolled my eyes.

Luckily, ________-ssi wasn’t in the room. She was in the restroom.

“You like her, don’t you?” Dongwoon smirked at me.

“N-N-Noo,” I stuttered. What was wrong with me?!

“Who’s her?” A girl’s voice came from behind us. We turned around and saw ________-ssi standing in the doorway.

DID SHE HEAR EVERYTHING, AGAIN?

 

*YOUR POV*

Dang, those bathrooms are nice! :D

I walked back to where the boys were. Now that I think about it, I was in the bathroom for a while…

Just as I walked in, I heard Dongwoon ask Gikwang if he like her and Gikwang answered no.

Her? Who’s her? Ooooohh this is totally juicy information ~

“Who’s her?” I asked. They turned around and looked like they saw a ghost.

“No one. Just… this one girl we know,” Doojoon piped up. I raised my eye brows at him.

“You sure it’s just this girl? From the way Gikwang answered, it sounded like he likes her,” I yawned. Instantly Gikwang blushed and Yoseob burst out laughing.

That was definitely fishy.

“Anyways, what’s for dinner tonight?” Yoseob changed the subject.

“BU GUL GI,” I yelled.

“But that’s so expensive,” Doojoon muttered.

“Please, please, please?” I tried my aegyo out since my puppy eyes usually always worked. I walked up to Gikwang. “Please, Oppa?”

He turned to his friends helplessly and looked at me again.

“Aish. Fine, I’ll go with you. You other dorks going to come with?”

Junhyung laughed. “Nah man, I got a schedule that’s gonna last until late tonight.” The other members came up with excuses about why they couldn’t go, either.

“The three of us just found out we have to be guests on a show,” Junhyung said, pointing to himself, Yoseob, and Hyunseung.

“Doojoon and I have to go and help 4Minute on their Mr. Teacher show,” Dongwoon explained.

That means that only Gikwang was going with me. Not that I minded. Gikwang seems like a cool guy.

“Ah, okay! Well then, we’ll be leaving!” I waved bye as I pulled Gikwang along with me.

Are they seriously trying to set me up with Gikwang? I KNOW they have NO schedule tonight. Oh well, might as well use this time to get to know Gikwang-ssi better. We piled onto the car and drove off.