Matchmakers

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

*YOUR POV*

 

“STEPHIE!” I screeched as she tackled me in a bear hug.

“Omo…” She clucked her tongue when she saw my condition after we pulled away from each other. “And how do you manage to stay this pretty with all those unnatural blue colors?”

I laughed as pushed her away playfully.

She eyed Gikwang who was hovering in the background, anxiously watching over me. Stephanie flicked her eyes in his direction, raising her eyebrow at me.

The blush rising up my neck answered her question for me, causing her to give me a wink and nudge me in the side.

I pulled the trio of special guests over in front of the boys, introducing them to each other.

“So BEAST! Anneonghaseyo, we’re BEAST!” They bowed.

“I’m BEAST’s leader, Yoo Doojoon.”

“I’m BEAST’s y icon, Lee Gikwang.”

“Anneonghaseyo, I’m BEAST’s cutie and main vocal, Yang Yoseob.”

“Whassup? I’m BEAST’s rapper, Yong Junhyung.”

“Hello, I’m BEAST’s dance machine, Jang Hyunseung.”

“And I’m BEAST’s maknae, Son Dongwoon.”

“Nice to meet you!” They finished in unison.

“Anneonghaseyo, we’re So Nyuh Shi Dae’s Tiffany and Seohyun!”

“Yoroshiku, Stephanie desu.”

I choked on my laughter. “That’s the wrong language Steph.”

She looked at me blankly, not comprehending what I was saying.

“OH!” She smacked herself in the forehead. ‘My bad. I meant to say it in Korean but somehow it came out as Japanese… Anyways, nice to meet you! I’m Stephanie, ________’s best friend.”

“Yah, I’m her best friend, too,” Seohyun pouted. 

I slung my arms around both of them, grinning. “You’re both my best friend, aight?”

“I can’t believe I get to meet you!” Yoseob squealed as he stared at Seohyun and Fany.

They smiled shyly at him. “We’re big fans of BEAST,” they admitted, earning a round of whooping from the guys.

I nudged everyone into conversations, trying to break the ice.

A frown rose to my face as I noticed the awkwardness between Fany and Doojoon. The look in their eyes as they secretly watched each other told me in letters clearer than glass of how they still love each other.

I glanced at Seohyun, prodding her to look in their direction as well, a question floating in my eyes.

“I’ll tell you later,” she mouthed at me. I nodded.

“Ah!”

Everyone looked at me perplexed.

“I forgot to buy lunch!” I lied, flicking my eyes at Seohyun.

“Fany, you should go out and buy it for us,” she teased.

I secretly poked Gikwang in his side and pointed at Fany and Doojoon. He caught on instantly.

“Let’s draw sticks to see who goes with her,” he told the guys. “We can’t let a girl like her go by herself.”

Gikwang and I huddled together in the kitchen scheming a plan. Hyunseung joined in our hushed whispering and soon Yoseob found his way to us as well.

“Let’s do this!” We gave each other high-fives and regrouped with the rest of the crew in the living room.

“Draw sticks and whoever gets the stick with a red marking has to go,” I ordered.

Gikwang went first, carelessly picking a stick. It was clean.

Yoseob and Dongwoon followed suit. They passed.

Junhyung and Hyunseung grabbed their sticks. They were also okay.

Doojoon groaned with disbelief, seeing how he was the last to go and how he would obviously get the red stick.

However, what he didn’t know was that all the sticks in the cup had no markings.

Just as he reached for the last piece of wood, Gikwang abruptly stood up and headed to the kitchen for a drink. I twisted my body to follow his movements, asking him to get me a bottle of water. Without anyone noticing, I dumped the last stick into Gikwang’s hands as he slipped a stick marked with red back in to the cup. Giving each other congratulatory smirks, I turned back to Doojoon and innocently held out the cup.

Sure enough, he pulled out the bad stick.

Sighing, he got up and put his shoes on. “Let’s go Tiffany.”

She kept her gaze on the floor as she slowly raised herself up from the floor.

“Wait,” Junhyung called out, trying to keep in his laughter after Yoseob whispered our plans to him. “That’s not all. Here, take this paper.” Doojoon hesitatingly took the envelope.

“What’s this?” He started opening it.

Hyunseung pushed Doojoon out of the door. “Open it after you guys reach the street!”

Fany looked at us confused and followed after Doojoon.

We waited a couple of seconds after the door shut and those of us who knew about the plot erupted into cheers.

“Whaa..?” Poor Seohyun was totally lost.

“We noticed how awkward they were around each other,” Yoseob began explaining eagerly, “and so we decided to make them go get lunch together. Dongwoon came up with the great plan of drawing sticks and ________ was a mastermind and managed to trick him into drawing the short stick and --”

Aigoo. This kid could go on forever with this story.

“We set them up,” I cut in, summarizing everything Yoseob just said in four words.

“Good job!” Seohyun clapped.

“What was the envelope about?” Steph asked baffled.

Gikwang and Hyunseung burst into gales of laughter. “It was missions for them to do together.”

“Now let’s see what happens,” Junhyung sang.