Hidden Behind a Mask

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER NINE

*YOUR POV*

 

 

You better run, run, run, run, run.

I groaned as I reached my hand out from under my cozy covers, trying to find my alarm.

‘Cuz I’m genie for you boy, boy, gee gee gee gee baby, baby.

SMACK! I slammed my hand down randomly on my nightstand, hoping I would hit the annoying device.

Where was my darn alarm?

It kept playing my wake-up song, which was a remix of SNSD songs.

Girls Generation, f (x), collaboration. Let me see you 1,2 step!

I forced my eyes open and saw that my alarm was in the far corner of my room. I groggily sat up and crawled toward the alarm.

“You’re the one who told me to wake you up at 4:30,” it seemed to say. I glared at it and turned it off. Then I stumbled my way to the bathroom to get ready.

After I finished brushing my teeth, showered, and changed, I headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. I rummaged through the refrigerator to see what ingredients I could work with. The PDs had taken some pity on me last night apparently and stocked up the fridge with several supplies. I grabbed the ingredients I needed, hooked my iTouch up to some speakers, and started to cook.

“Remember Me, I’m in da-da-da-danger. Pinocchio, remember me,” I sang along to the music while I flipped my green onion pancakes. When the pancakes were done, I started putting together kimchi soup.

Her whisper is the Lucifer.

My eyes widened. I couldn’t resist this song. I stirred the soup, placed the spoon down, and started dancing along, adding my own moves now and then.

I heard a muffled laugh behind me and whirled around to face a camera.

“Ah, Mr. Cameraman! Good morning!“ I was completely flustered. Did he film all of that?

He waved at me and continued to film.

I decided to give him a run for his money and showed the camera the most aegyo I could muster. And I pulled out my Pikachu card.

“Pi… pi…” I growled, making sure my voice was right. “Pi… pi-pi-piKAchu!” I winked.

(Imagine Hyuna when she does her Pikachu on 4Minute’s Mr. Teacher. It was soooo adorable!)

Seeing that the kimchi soup was almost done, I placed to rice in the rice cooker and started on the side dishes.

A while later, Hyunseung stumbled into the kitchen, sniffing the air like a lost puppy.

“Food~” He whined with his eyes still closed, his hand reaching for the lid of the kimchi soup.

“Go get ready! Breakfast will be done in a few minutes,” I swatted at his wandering hand.

He opened his eyes long enough for me to see his sulky eyes as he made his way to the bathroom.

I set the table, placed the food in the center, and stepped back, surveying my creation. I was satisfied.

My next task was to make sure the rest of the boys got ready.

“Gikwang-ssi…” I shook his shoulder.

“Junhyung-ssi!” I poked his face.

None of them were responding.

“Aish,” I muttered.

I grabbed a bottle of water and opened it. I slowly let it trickle down each of the members’ faces.

Still no response.

Looks like I have no choice but to do that, right?

I yanked out a bottle of whip cream, sprayed it on their hands, and prepared my feather. Their faces were soon covered in white foam.

“AAAARG!” They one by one all screamed. “WHAT IS GOING ON? WHAT IS THIS?”

I grinned and placed my hands on my hip. “You got five minutes to get ready and be at the table. Five minutes!”

I turned around and returned to the kitchen, only to find Hyunseung ravishedly digging into the food.

He noticed me standing behind him and meekly bowed. I rolled my eyes and sat down beside him, eating my breakfast.

Soon all the members were fed and off on their schedules, leaving me behind to clean up the mess.

After wiping down all the dishes, I sat down.

“Well, Oh My School filming starts at 10:00. I have three hours until then… what shall I do?” I pondered out loud.

An idea popped into my head.

Ah, shall I do that then?

I changed into a cute outfit- a cream-colored loose-fitting blouse with blue jean shorts underneath. I slipped on my shoes and sunglasses and was instantly gone.

I happily skipped out of the house, making sure that the door was locked, and found my way to the shopping area.

I’ve always loved shopping for clothes in different countries because every location’s fashion sense was different. I hummed BEAST’s Bad Girl while I shuffled through the clothes, trying to pass the time.

“________-ssi ah,” the faithful cameraman called, “it’s time to go.”

I had called to tell the OMS PDs that I would be at *insert shopping mall name here* and they said that that was okay and that they’ll send the black van over there.

I ate delicious ice cream while waiting for the black “artist” van.

Hmm. I should provide the viewers with some fun, right?

I took off my sunglasses and walked outside.

A moment later, the screams started.

“XXSilver! XXSilver! XXSilver!” They chanted.

I smiled, bowed, and took out my iTouch and its portable speakers from my purse. I scrolled through the songs until I saw the one that I wanted: MBLAQ’s Again. I loved doing the hammer dance.

I gave the fans a spur of the moment mini-concert as I also performed Secret’s Madonna, Kara’s Mister, BEG’s Abracadabra, and UKISS’s 0330.

Just as I was saying goodbye, the van pulled up and I climbed in along with my cameraman.

“_______-ssi, we were afraid that you would be bored waiting for us, but it looks like you managed to keep yourself preoccupied.” The driver said while OMS’s cameraman nodded.

“I had nothing else to do, so I thought ‘why not?’” I shrugged.

“Here’s your mask and once you arrive, you can wear the clothes you’re wearing right now or pick from our wardrobe,” he informed me.

I held the mask tightly in my hand while I gazed out the window.

Truth be told, I was a bit nervous. I’m such a big fan of this show!

We pulled up in the parking lot and I instantly slipped the mask on my face, disguising myself. I hopped out of the car and followed the driver to the dressing room.

“Anneonghaseyo!” I greeted everyone in the room when I walked in.

“Oh? You’re a new student today?” Hyosung asked me. I nodded. “Nice to meet you! I’m Secret’s Hyosung!”

I bowed. “I would introduce myself, but the PDs asked for me to remain anonymous,” I explained. 

“How interesting.” Shinyoung walked over to me. “Anneonghaseyo, I’m Shinyoung.”

I bowed to her as well. After a few minutes, I had met every girl on set for the show. The main female cast consisted of Miss A’s Min, Hyosung, the comedian/host Shinyoung, the other host Gyeongrim, and T-ARA’s Soyeon.

And guess what?

My best friend, SNSD’s Seohyun, was the other female guest student!

When she first got here, I hadn’t noticed her yet. Then she came up behind me and hugged the life out of me.

“Seohyun-unnie!” I gasped with excitement and hugged her back.

“Why do you have the mask?” She looked puzzled.

“Oh good thing you asked. You must NOT tell anyone my name or who I am!” I instructed her. “I’m supposed to reveal myself later in the show."

“This sounds so exciting!” She giggled.

Then a thought struck me. “That reminds me… how’d you recognize me like this? You can’t even see my face!”

She rolled her eyes. “Hun, if I can’t recognize you like that after knowing you for so many years, I must really as a best friend,” she snorted.

“Good point…”

“X-NONSEOHYUN GUEST STUDENT-ssi!” The PDs beckoned me over, almost saying my name. “It’s time to get ready. Change if you want to and we’ll do your make up in a separate room. Try to wear something that you can dance comfortably in,” they hinted.

“Arraso!” I enthusiastically marched over to the closet.

When I stepped out of the restroom, I was wearing my usual style: a loose light blue “boyfriend” shirt that came slightly off my right shoulder with a white undershirt beneath it, white jean shorts, silver hip hop high top shoes, and dangly hooped earrings. And of course, my mask.

They quickly did my makeup and hair and ushered me into the waiting room with the other guest students. We didn’t have much time to chat, however, because the filming started.

 “Welcome to Oh, My School!”