MISSION... START!

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER TWO

*YOUR POV*

(A/N: In this story I used some Japanese and Korean, so when those sentences pop up, I’ll put the English meaning in brackets just in case you don’t understand. The phrases I use are pretty common ones, so most of them should be familiar to those who watch Korean shows/dramas and Japanese dramas.)

 

I groaned as I forced my eyes to open.

THE HECK? WHY IS IT BRIGHT OUTSIDE?

I squinted at the TV screen to check the time. It read 8:19 AM. AM?! That means I totally fell asleep for like, eight hours. O_O

LESS THAN ONE HOUR UNTIL I LAND.

LESS THAN TWO HOURS UNTIL I MEET BEAST.

EOTTEOKE?! [What should I do?!]

(A/N: I’m not totally sure if that’s how you spell it. I’ve found so many different ways that people spell it… but Google search said this was the right way, so I’m going to stick with this.)

Just then Kame opened his eyes and yawned. I poked him in this stomach, making him flinch and stop stretching half way through.

“Why so excited?” Another yawn erupted from his mouth. Then he caught a glimpse of the clock. “Ah, we’re landing soon? That explains a lot.” He scrunched back down in his seat and the movie selection screen.

I poked him again.

No response.

I poked him again.

He wiggled his body but didn’t respond.

So I poked him again.

“YAH! What do you want?” He frowned.

“You know what I want?” I pointed at the menu the flight attendant had placed on our seats. “Breakfast.”

I waved at the flight attendant.

“Anneonghaseyo!” [Hello!] She bowed in Kame’s direction. I rolled my eyes and snickered as she kept trying to find excuses to hold Kame’s hand. I ended up ordering our food while Kame escaped to the bathroom and hunkered down for the wait. When the waitress/flight attendant returned with our meal, she didn’t look at me at all. Her entire attention was focused on Kame who was making his way back to his seat.

“Kamsahamnida!” [Thank you!] I piped up, indicating that she could take her leave. I really hated it when girls hit on Kame. One day I shall find the perfect girl for him- someone who truly loves him for who he is, not just for his looks.

We finished the food and Kame waved for a flight attendant. When a male flight attendant came, I glanced at his nametag that read ‘Sano’ and spoke in Japanese. “Ah, sumimasen.” [Ah, excuse me.] He stood there gaping at me with his mouth wide open. Kame grimaced and glared at him.

Sano straightened up and bowed. “Oh-Oh-Oh-Ohayou go-go-gozaimasu.” [Good morning.]

“Ohayou gozaimasu.” I nodded my head back at him and peered closely at him. He was a pretty handsome man besides for the fact that he was absolutely nervous standing there. How cute. “Daijoubu desu ka?” [Are you all right?]

“H-h-hai.” [Yes.]

“Eigo ga wakarimasu ka?” [Do you understand English?] I asked.

“H-hai. Eigo ga sukoshi wa-wakarimasu.” [Yes. I understand a little bit of English.]

Kame became impatient. “We were going to ask you if you could collect our trays please.”

“Yes sa. Light dis minute.” OMG. HIS ACCENT WAS SOO CUTE! <3

(A/N: IDK about Japanese speakers, but my dad who’s Taiwanese used to have trouble pronouncing his R’s. So I took out the ‘R’ in ‘sir’ and made it ‘Sa’ and changed to ‘R’ in ‘Right’ to more of how the R is pronounced in Japanese- with an L sound. I hope that’s kinda close to how English sounds with a Japanese accent?)

Kame noticed my reaction and groaned. The minute Sano took our plates away; he turned towards me with a glare.

“Alright __________, we need to get some things straight. You are NOT going to be falling in love with EVERY ASIAN GUY WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH WITH AN ACCENT IN KOREA, YOU UNDERSTAND?” I laughed.

“Chill, bro. Dang man, no matter how many times I tell you about my standards, you ALWAYS FORGET!” I wrinkled up my nose. “Let me say this to you one last time, my manager who acts like an over protective brother, I WILL ONLY FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE THAT I KNOW VERY WELL!”

“Ah okay. And by the way, I’m leaving about a week from now.”

Silence. What. Did. He. Just. Say?

I opened and closed my mouth. And opened and close it again. “… What? You’re really going to leave me alone with a group of guys for a few months?” What happened to my over protective manager?

He shrugged. “Well, yeah. I have things to do in Taiwan and in the States. I’ll skype you every other night at 11:00 PM central time unless you’re busy, aight?”

OMG. I mean, what if I have to go to the store and some random dude attacks me? Well… I guess that’s why I have a second-degree black belt. But still! AND WHY IS THE PLANE MAKING SUCH A LOUD NOISE? I glanced out the window. Oh. We were on the runway…

“KYAA! OPPA! WE’RE IN KOREA!”

He raised his eyebrows at me. “Oppa?”

“I can’t call you that? Fine.” I pouted. “KYAA! UNNI! WE’RE IN KOREA!” I grinned. “Is that better?” He swatted me on my head.

Thirty minutes later we were sitting outside the airport waiting for our van to come pick us up.

Just then Kame’s phone rang. The only problem was that his phone was buried deep inside his suitcase. To relieve my boredom, I just started singing along with the music…

“I’m heartsick, heal me. Be crazy, can’t let you go! Sad love song, my love’s gone, please baby don’t go far. So BEAST! Down down, we gotta get down. Down down we gotta get down. Down down we gotta get down, I want ya, come to me, girl.”

… which was a big mistake because people started noticing us. Even with my hat over my head and my sunglasses that covered half my face, they still started to stare and whisper.

They peeked at Kame who was busy digging in through his things. He was wearing sunglasses as well. I glanced at our clothes and looked at the people surrounding us. Our clothes were normal… for a celebrity. I wanted to smack my forehead. Normal people wear comfortable clothes like jeans and a t-shirt. I was wearing a pair of expensive white shorts, a peach-colored ‘boyfriend’ shirt that covered most of my shorts, white NIKE high tops, a large dangly silver necklace, silver hooped earrings, and silver bracelets. That plus my overly-large sunglasses and white flat wide-rimmed hat (you know, the really cool ones that make you look like you’re a hip-hop dancer?) AND the bodyguard-like guy next to me… Yup, I definitely didn’t know how to blend in with the crowd.

Then again, Kame didn’t do so hot either. He was wearing a gray sweater with a white button-up shirt underneath. The collar of the white shirt was pulled over the sweater and the bottom of the shirt was visible, too. He had on nice blue jeans that fit him perfectly, a belt, and gray Vans. He had a gray and white scarf that went around his neck. All in all, he looked like a model and was drawing the attention of girls like crazy.

Then they started to scream once they recognized us.

Aish.

We had no where to run since we didn’t want to leave our luggage behind to get torn apart, so I had no choice but to have an unplanned fan meeting right there in the airport.

About twenty minutes into the fan signing, the van finally pulled up. Real bodyguards jumped out of the vehicle and made their way over to us. I looked up at Kame and saw him sign in relief. The men surrounded us and ushered us towards our escape route. Once safely inside, I noticed the cameramen situated in the car filming our ride to where ever we were headed. The man in the passenger seat turned around to us and introduced himself as Kim Jiyong.

(A/N: They’re talking in Korean now, just BTWs [: )

“I’m so sorry we were late! There was a traffic accident that blocked all four lanes. How long were you guys bombarded?”

I glanced at Kame again. He looked exhausted. “Not that long. I’d say around twenty minutes. I had no clue I was that popular in Korea.” O.O

“Of course you are! Your songs are constantly playing on our radio stations even though they’re in English. Our singers here in Korea love to sing and dance to your songs, too.” He chatted with me while Kame fell asleep. “And so right now, BEAST knows that someone will be staying at their house. Except they don’t know who.” His kind eyes twinkled with mischief. “They’re your fans, by the way.”

My eyes grew wide. “R-really? Ah I feel so honored!” I clapped my hands in glee. The members of BEAST are my fans? Really? Oh happy day~

“Yes. I take it that you’re their fan too?” He laughed when I bobbed my head up and down in excitement. “Here’s the plan. We’ve told them that the girl will meet them at a certain spot at 10:00 AM. We’ve planned for several Korean idol singers to meander towards them, chat with them, confuse them, and then leave. The boys are supposed to ask you what you’re favorite Korean food is and all the girls are informed about it. The correct answer that only you will say is BO GUL GI because I hear that’s your favorite dish?”

I nodded my head in agreement. “Sort of like how Nichkhun met Victoria in WGM, right?”

“Absolutely. You watched that show?” He looked surprised.

“Of course I did! I love watching Korean shows because they’re so funny.”

He smiled. “I was surprised because you’re a Taiwanese American, not a Korean American. There are many rumors about your Korean being very good for a foreigner who’s never lived in Korea, but you’ve exceeded my expectations! Your Korean is excellent! That makes your meeting with BEAST much more fun to plan. Now, when you first meet them, talk only in English. Actually, talk only in English for this entire day. Tomorrow you can talk in Korean.”

I grinned. I’m starting to absolutely love this plan. “Just like in Super Junior’s Full House when they met the two girls?”

“Yea.”

“Are we on the way now?”

He glanced at his watch. “We’ll arrive in about five minutes. You’ll be sitting on the benches in front of a food stand and I’ll send them in your direction after about twenty minutes.”

“Roger that!”

We arrived at the location and got out of the car. Kame was slightly groggy, but I quickly filled him in on the mission.

Jiyong-ssi pointed out the food stall while he told us the boys were staying at the park in the opposite direction. Two cameramen were to follow us while the other one would follow Jiyoung-ssi and rejoin his other cameraman who was with the boys.

“Mission, START!” He winked at us and started making his way to the guys.