Welcome to My Life.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER ONE

*YOUR POV*

(A/N: When you see a _____, that means insert your name there.)

Unbelievable.

This. Is. Absolutely. Unbelievable.

I sent lethal daggers through my eyes as I glared at my manager who was peacefully snoozing after setting me up with an over-packed schedule. As much as I love him (as a brother, of course), I CAN’T BELIEVE HE WOULD DO THIS TO ME.

I just finished a tour across America (every ticket to every concert was bought within thirty minutes of being released) and I would very much appreciate catching up on my lack of sleep.

Who am I?

I am a seventeen-year-old girl named ___________ with extremely dark brown hair that reaches my shoulders and large hazel eyes. I stand at five foot two inches and weigh one hundred and four pounds. I have two incredible parents. I love music, sports, and reading. On stage, I’m known as XXSilver (double X silver), a singer who’s dominating every music chart in America. My fandom has also reached to South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and China. And I have a twenty-six year old manager whom I’m very close with.

My manager chose not to reveal his name to public (smart guy, eh?) and so my fans have dubbed him as Mister Ace. His real name is Kamenashi Jin (his first name is Jin and his last name is Kamenashi) and I’ve always called him Kame (pronounced KAH-MEH). We’ve known each other since we were young, so we really have developed a brother-sister relationship. And that dork decided to not give me a well-deserved break. Instead, I have a busy schedule every single day for the next few months. *Sigh. But I guess I should thank him… because I totally love my schedule. It’s a dream come true for me.

Do you know why?

 

* FLASH BACK * [Two months ago]

 

Cameras flashed all around me. I was being interviewed by ### News, the largest music news station in all of America. The MC of the interview leaned towards me, all seriousness on his face, and asked me several questions about my new album.

“So, XXSilver, I hear your new album is doing extremely well! It’s ranked top on basically all the music charts out there. How do you feel about it?”

I cleared my throat. “Well, I give all my thanks to the LORD who has brought me this far. I thank my fans because a singer is nothing without their fans. I thank my friends and family for their support. I also thank my company for letting me make my own music, and I thank my manager, Mister Ace, for taking care of me and for planning my schedules. Personally, I think my music has done so well because I wrote it to touch the listeners’ hearts. I want them to be able to connect with my music and for my music to be able to be an inspiration for them.”

“So you personally write the music yourself?” Mr. Reporter asked me.

“Of course. Growing up, my friends listened to a lot of music that had no meaning simply because the song had a catchy chorus and an addictive beat. So I became determined to become a singer whose music was full of good lyrics and amazing beats that can help this generation instead of tearing them down.” I glanced at the clock in the corner of the interview room. I had ten more minutes of this and then Kame and I could go to our dinner. Technically it was breakfast since it was now 2:50 in the morning. I was starving. Absolutely starving. I was surprised the camera didn’t catch the earthquake my stomach was making with the rumbling going on in there. I redirected my gaze back to the reporter.

“XXSilver, you’re very famous now. You’ve been the main star in several of the top movies of the year. All of America knows who you are and a lot of Asian countries know you as well. Is it true you are releasing a Taiwanese album soon?”

“Yes I am. Sometime by the end of this year, actually.”

“Really? That’s impressive. Now tell me, did you learn how to speak Taiwanese?”

“The album is mainly in Mandarin Chinese since everyone in Taiwan knows Mandarin. There are a few phrases here and there in Taiwanese that even the young generation will understand.” 

The reporter widened his eyes. “They speak Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan? Why, I thought they spoke Taiwanese.”

I tried my best not to roll my eyes in front of the camera. “In Taiwan, everyone knows how to speak Mandarin. Most of them know how to speak Taiwanese, as well. The older generation also knows Japanese and in some areas of Taiwan the people are knowledgeable in their local dialect.” How do I know all of that? Because my I’m an American Born Taiwanese kid. Growing up, I went back to Taiwan every summer to visit my relatives. Man, those night markets have got to be the most fun places ever!

“Very nice. To wrap up the show, let me ask you one last question. Because of your popularity, I’m sure many television stations want you on their show. If you could be on any type of show, what would you do and what would it be?” Mr. Reporter looked exhausted.

I thought for a moment. “Any show?”

He nodded.

“Hmm. Well, I would want to be on a show where I live with the BEAST members for a couple of months. It’d be like Super Junior’s Full House or INFINITE’s You Are My Oppa. That type of show, yeah.” Did I mention I was a huge fan of BEAST and SHINee?

“Super Junior, BEAST, INFINITE…?” Mr. Reporter looked confused. I wanted to pinch his fluffy cheeks!

“Some of the most amazing bands out there.”

“Are they from America?”

“They’re Korean idol groups,” I explained. “There’s also SHINee, CNBLUE, ZE:A, Dalmatian, Teen Top, TVXQ, and so many more super good looking guy groups. And don’t forget the girl groups like SNSD, 2NE1, f(x), 4MINUTE, and A PINK. There’s also mixed groups like COED and F1RST.”

“Ah, I remember now. In all your movies you always have a Korean song as your ringtone or as your dance music! Let’s see, you’ve used a song called Ring Ding Dong before. And you’ve used She’s Back, Round 1, Lucifer, Soom, Mystery, and Run Devil Run, am I correct?” Dang this reporter was good.

“How’d you know?”

He grinned, “I did my homework and looked up some of the songs. They’re really catchy. I can see why you’re always promoting these songs. Anyways, thank you for your time tonight- I mean, this morning.” He stood up.

I rose from my seat as well. “No problem. Thank you so much for having me!”

“And… CUT! That’s a wrap everyone! Now go home, drive safely, and try to get a few hours of precious sleep!” The PDs waved us out.

On the way home, Kame glanced over at me with a curious look in his eyes. “A house stay with BEAST? Isn’t that Gikwang’s band? This is the group you always watch on youtube in your free time and totally scream like crazy over?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Just FYI, it’s called fangirling. And yes, this is that group of amazing good-looking talented guys I’m always watching on youtube.” I pouted.

Kame grinned at me. “Man, you really like those guys, huh? And just ‘FYI’, I will never let you date them.”

My eyes grew wide. “THERE’S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIKING THEM AS A FAN AN ACTUALLY DATING THEM, YOU HOPELESS IDIOT! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EVEN DATE SOMEONE I DON’T KNOW? THAT’S TOTALLY AGAINST MY RULES!”

“Right,” he smirked. “You won’t date anyone unless you know them well enough to the point you’re basically best friends. You won’t date anyone just because they’re good-looking; they have to have a really nice personality as well. You prefer athletic guys who are musically talented. They have to be taller than you, which isn’t that hard since you’re a midget-”

I raised my hand to smack him on the arm but he pretended to yank the steering wheel into the direction of a tree. I lowed my arm with a scowl. “YAH! I’m not THAT short. I’m actually the average height of an Asian girl! And yes, those are some of my requirements for my boyfriend.”

“Are you serious about wanting to stay with BEAST though? You might see a side of them that’ll totally make you regret this. Let me tell you, the way some boys live is… let’s just say we can be really messy.” Kame had his ‘forreal’ face on.

“I’m being absolutely serious.”

 

*END FLASHBACK*

 

And guess what?

That’s my schedule for the next few months. Yes, that’s right. I’m going to be living with BEAST! Oh, I’m so nervous. How can Kame sleep so peacefully on a plane when we’re about to be meeting BEAST in only ten hours? I hope I can communicate well with them. I’ve been practicing my Korean like crazy these last few weeks. I mean, I’m fluent in Korean. It’s just that it’s been so long since I’ve had to use it I’m just scared I’ve forgotten some words. *arhg. Same with my Japanese... I haven’t used Japanese in so long… Did I mention that I’m super-lingual? I’m fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. I also know basic Taiwanese and Thai. I love languages. I took Spanish and Korean at my high school. I grew up speaking Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and English. I learned Thai and Japanese outside of school on my own. Languages are just so amazing!

Anyways, ten hours… ten hours… I’M GOING TO MEET BEAST IN TEN HOURS! I’M GOING TO MEET LEE GIKWANG IN TWO HOURS! EOTTEOKE? *ARHG! I NEED TO STUDY MY KOREAN! 

But before I knew it, I was sound asleep.