Hospital Visit >.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*STEPHANIE’s POV*

 

We were all feeling miserable, especially Gikwang.

 

I watched him lean his head against the wall, staring mutely off into space. Sympathy filled me and I patted him reassuringly on his arm.

 

Though I’ve seen many guys fall infatuated with ___________ over the years, I’ve never seen someone care so much for her romantically as Gikwang does.

 

The door flew open as Kame barged in, sweating. “It’s not true right?”

 

“Hey Ka-Mister Ace,” I greeted him dryly, barely managing to bring a smile to my face. I was glad I got to see him finally. Since he’s ________’s manager, they’re always together and sometimes I feel really left out. But they’re my closest friends. We’ve always hung out together as a trio- ________ and I even made a rule where neither of us could date Kame. ^^

 

His deep eyes pleaded with mine. “Deny it.”

 

Seohyun shook her head sadly. “It’s true… but it shouldn’t be as bad as last time.”

 

He groaned and sat down on the floor, his hand covering his eyes. “I heard about what happened last time through the news. By the time I found out, she was already awake and okay and the company wouldn’t let me skip my schedules to come visit,” he sighed.

 

“Doctor Lee said she’ll be okay,” I tried to comfort him.

 

He let out a long breath of air and slowly relaxed, looking up at everyone sheepishly. “Sorry for barging in like that and not properly greeting y’all.”

 

I grinned. “It’s all good man.”

 

“Besides, it’s not like you’re a stranger to any of us,” Yoseob added in.

 

Kame nodded and froze. “Wait, what are you doing here Steph?”

 

Junhyung spoke up. ”She was a guest on our show along with Seohyun-ssi and Tiffany-ssi.”

 

“Ah,” Kame bobbed his head up and down. He glanced at Junhyung’s arm around my shoulder and raised his eyebrow skeptically, making me blush. “Treat her nicely,” he casually warned him.

 

Just then BEAST’s manager came through the door, telling his boys that it was time to leave. “Visit her tomorrow after you guys film for the show, okay?” He said after seeing their pained expression.

 

They slowly rose from their seats.

 

Junhyun leaned towarad me, whispering, “I’ll call you.”

 

Doojoon did the same as we reluctantly filed out of the room.

 

Gikwang remained in his seat.

 

“Gikwang-ah…” their manager, Jiyoung, called.

 

He didn’t respond.

 

Yoseob disappeared around the corner.

 

“I want to stay here,” Gikwang said without looking up.

 

Jiyoung looked at him silently, his mind conflicting against itself. He knew that Gikwang was going through a lot… yet tomorrow had a schedule waiting for them.

 

“I’m sure Doctor Lee will be okay with it,” I bit my lip.

 

“I’m not leaving her,” he finally looked up, determination flashing through his eyes.

 

Yoseob reappeared, breathless. “The doctor said that a bed can be set up beside ________,” he panted.

 

Jiyoung sighed and raked his hand through his hand. “Fine. The show didn’t specifically ask for all of the members…”

 

“Don’t forget to grab a bite,” Hyunseung said as they left.

 

Seohyun and Tiffany signed as they glanced at each other. “It’s gotten so late!” Seohyun groaned.

 

“Our manager is going to kill us,” Tiffany stared at her ringing phone.

 

“Yeboseyo?” She fearfully answered. She looked at Seohyun and drew her hand across . “We’re dead,” she announced as she hung up.

 

They looked at Gikwang. “We don’t want to leave you here alone…”

 

He waved his hand. “It’s aight. Go ahead. I’m sure you girls are tired.”

 

“You are too. Get some sleep,” Seohyun said.

 

Soon it was only Kame, Gikwang, and I left sitting in the chairs.

 

The silence in the room stretched on and, before I knew it, I was snoozing off in dreamland.

 

Kame softly shook me awake. “Steph, let’s go. You look exhausted.”

 

He led me toward the door.

 

I paused before we left. “Gikwang,” I called.

 

He looked up, weariness filling his eyes.

 

“Fighting!” I encouraged him.